Post Your Top 3 Favorite Movies Of All Times

Porchema

I'm sure many of us have watched countless movies during our lifetime. Some good, some not very. However there are some movies that stand atop the rest. My favorite top 3 are:

There are some minor spoilers below:

1. 28 Days Later (2002): Best "infected" movie in my opinion. From setting to cinematography to characters to soundtrack. Everything about this movie is so good I don't know where to begin.  

2. Inside Man (2006): My favorite bank heist movie where the bad guys pull a successful heist and actually get a way with it.

3. Titanic (1997): There's not much to say about this one here.

Note: They don't have to be three movies. Can be two or one :)

Edited by Porchema

Hmmm...surprised something like this has never come up before. 3 are difficult to narrow down. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head...

Ben-Hur - best epic of all time. Also, best bluray remaster of all time.

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - Luke learns a family secret and looses a limb...good guys get a bad ending. Best space opera, fantasy syfy ever.

Inglorious Basterds - love Tarantino's fantasy of how WWII should have ended.

Edit: I just noticed that my 3 are all from completely different movie eras. Interesting.

Edited by prarpin
  • Like 3

Hmmm...surprised something like this has never come up before. 3 are difficult to narrow down. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head...

Ben-Hur - best epic of all time. Also, best bluray remaster of all time.

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - Luke learns a family secret and looses a limb...good guys get a bad ending. Best space opera, fantasy syfy ever.

Inglorious Basterds - love Tarantino's fantasy of how WWII should have ended.

Edit: I just noticed that my 3 are all from completely different movie eras. Interesting.

I had just watched Titanic and thought it would be interesting to know what other people like. I did my research in the forums to make sure now one's made such a topic before so I went for it  :)

Edited by Porchema

41z6GKy%2BGLL._SY355_.jpg

Ever since I first saw it, Donnie Darko has been my favourite movie. I love everything about it however the 3 main reasons why I like it are as follows (in no particular order). The cast is fantastic, everyone suits their role perfectly. The standout performance for me is Beth Grant as Kitty Farmer. The second reason is the soundtrack. The movie is set in October 1988 so most of the music is from that period. My 3 favourite songs from it are Never Tear Us Apart (my favourite song of theirs) by INXS, Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears and my #1 song is Mad World by Gary Jules (incidentally originally done by Tears For Fears and also one of my top 3 favourite songs of all time). The 3rd reason I love it so much is Franks bunny costume. The body section of it is pretty generic but the mask is flat-out awesome. If we celebrated Halloween here in New Zealand that is what I would dress up as every year.

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

As described on the front cover, Heat is an LA crime saga. It's easily my favourite Michael Mann movie (and he has directed some fantastic movies). Firstly the cast. The cast is headed up by Robert De Niro (my favourite actor) and Al Pacino. Although this isn't the first movie they have starred in together it is the, first movie they have both starred in and been on screen at the same time. De Niro's Neil McCauley is a cool calm and collected high end robber and Al Pacino's Vincent Hanna is a determined and driven robbery/homicide detective. The second reason is the bank robbery/shoot-out. It is by far my favourite and the best shoot-out I have seen in any movie or TV program. The robbers are using assault rifles while the cops have pistols, revolvers, shotguns and assault rifles. The shoot-out takes place in downtown LA where there are big skyscrapers all around and so all the gunfire echos off the buildings. Every time I watch that particular scene I always turn the TV up as loud as it will go because it real-life guns aren't quiet.

American_Beauty_poster.jpg

My 3rd favourite movie is American Beauty. The main reason I like this so much is Kevin Spacey (another of my favourite actors). In the movie his character Lester Burnham realises his life has become boring and stale and sets out to change that. he quits his job for one he enjoyed as a college student, buys his dream car and starts working out ( to look good naked). I've never had a personal hero (I don't see the need for one) but if I did it would be Lester Burnham because he does whatever he needs to do to make his life better, even something as significant as changing his job. Personally I live my life the same way, if there's something I don't like about it then I will do what I need to do to change it, for example, I was into my third year at university when I came to the realisation that I was not happy being there at all. I thought about it over a weekend and the next Monday I went in and quit (I haven't been back and don't plan too either). It was the best decision I've ever made in my life and was a lot happier for it. I also love the character of Ricky Fitts. He is who he is and he doesn't care what other people think of him. Again another great life philosophy to live by.

1- Birdman: the roles were performed spectacularly imo. It definitely deserved the Oscar and every praise directed to it. It's just sublime, realistic and terrific.

2- Kill Bill Vol. 1: Tarantino-sensei is a badass when he wants to. The story is a borderline epic tale of vengeance and oh boy the fights!

3- Metropolis by Ozamu Tezuka:  -Ehem- I can't stop loooooving youuuu! I've made up my miiiind.

(Ray Charles is awesome)

Everyone who saw this one will understand ;)

Third one is also a tie with The Wolf of Wall Street cuz it's a damn nice realistic piece of movie (albeit very heavy for children).

1. The Prestige -psychological drama about 2 magicians in a feud. I'm not going to say any more because I don't want to use spoilers.

2. Dark Knight - Best superhero movie ever

3. Inception - Traveling within dreams to implant an idea into a man's mind. Of course, another psychological thriller.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07