Anyone getting this on Tuesday?

Game looks amazing, I'm not really into fighting games but I'm going to get this one. I haven't played any of the Persona games so hopefully the storyline doesn't seem to hard to follow. I almost downloaded Person 3 for the PS3, but decided to wait until I get a Vita, hopefully soon.

eh, i dont care much about it. i mean sure it looks good, but its pretty much just a blazeblue game with persona characters. im not the biggest fan of fighting games. I am going to get persona 4 golden for the vita though.

I'd like to the play the ones before too, but I think it seems that this kinda exists in its own universe, though I'll be missing a lot of references to the past. Your're right, it is based on blazblue's system, but they've tweaked it a bit, it's supposed to be more accessible but difficult to master.

Idk, it's one of those games that caught my attention and I think I have to get it. I don't even play fighting games, that could be good or bad. I guess I'll find out.

Edited by JusteMilieu

it looks interesting but id like to play the ones b4 it first im kind of ocd when it comes to playing games in the proper order

If you only mean story order then you'd only P3 FES, P4 and then P4 Arena but otherwise you'd need P1 and P2 as well but the thing is each Persona game can be played relatively easy without prior knowledge as P1 and P2 for instance have nothing tying them to P4 for instance. It would be much worse though if you were counting every Shin Megami Tensei Game though...

I'd get this on Tuesday if I could but as it is thanks to the price gou- region locking I'm going to have to wait until either about a week after the UK release or whenever it releases here too bad the price locally is $98, stupid Australian prices...

If you only mean story order then you'd only P3 FES, P4 and then P4 Arena but otherwise you'd need P1 and P2 as well but the thing is each Persona game can be played relatively easy without prior knowledge as P1 and P2 for instance have nothing tying them to P4 for instance. It would be much worse though if you were counting every Shin Megami Tensei Game though...

I'd get this on Tuesday if I could but as it is thanks to the price gou- region locking I'm going to have to wait until either about a week after the UK release or whenever it releases here too bad the price locally is $98, stupid Australian prices...

holy crap i knew you guys get the shit end of the stick when it comes to games but i didnt know you also had to pay so much for the games as well. glad im not in australia otherwise i would need a different hobby

I just watched the gameplay stuff that gamespot has on youtube and they said P4A takes place after the events from P4. But they said the only thing that really ties this game to the others, as far as story, is the Midnight Show.

Also, which I am looking forward to, each character has a 2-3 hour story ark through the game.

holy crap i knew you guys get the shit end of the stick when it comes to games but i didnt know you also had to pay so much for the games as well. glad im not in australia otherwise i would need a different hobby

The annoying part is knowing how the Aussie dollar is doing compared to the US dollar as well...

The region locking is stupid in so many ways, I mean it was done to supposedly stop reverse importation but it seems the Japanese could just buy the Asian version for around the same price as the US version last I checked.

The annoying part is knowing how the Aussie dollar is doing compared to the US dollar as well...

The region locking is stupid in so many ways, I mean it was done to supposedly stop reverse importation but it seems the Japanese could just buy the Asian version for around the same price as the US version last I checked.

JP - $91

US - $60

Atlus broke the biggest Tabo for PS3, because they didn't want JP ppl to import US version to save some cash

JP - $91

US - $60

Atlus broke the biggest Tabo for PS3, because they didn't want JP ppl to import US version to save some cash

From Atlus:

"Importing, as great as it is for gamers who otherwise can't get access to a title, can also cannibalize the performance of a title in one territory to the benefit of another," Atlus said.

"While we're all one big Atlus family, the reality is that the dramatic difference between the Yen and the Dollar makes for a dramatic difference in price. So the decision was made, perhaps at the expense of some of our fans, clearly at the frustration of many, to region-lock Persona 4 Arena."

With the decision made, thoughts now turn to the future. Atlus vowed to "earn back your confidence" and to "learn from your arguments".

"We absolutely recognize the fear that this is the beginning of a trend. We in no way view it as such. Please also keep in mind that the game's excellent online multiplayer is global, a fact that is in no way affected by the region-lock. Players can compete against fighters from all territories.

"A tremendous team of talented developers and artists poured their blood, sweat, and tears into Persona 4 Arena, and every reaction we've ever received to the game has shown that those efforts are readily apparent.

"The decision to region-lock P4 Arena was a business one, one that has very clearly affected how many perceive the project, but we ask you to please not overlook the exceptional efforts of the people behind the game and to work with us through constructive dialogue.

"Thank you."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-07-atlus-launches-impassioned-defence-of-persona-4-arena-ps3-region-lock

I have no problem supporting them. But I understand those that don't wish to.

JP - $91

US - $60

I did say Asian version was nearly equal to the US not the JP version being nearly equal to the US, I can't find the Asian version on PlayAsia anymore anyway except for one auction now which seems odd.