Worst Trophy Boosting Experiences

matchpenalty

Im sure we've all had a bad experience boosting a trophy. Without naming anyone, mine occurred while boosting the Date Night trophy in Call of Duty Black Ops. The boost actually went well and the trophy was actually really simple. After we both got the trophy, my partner asked if I wanted to boost some of the zombie trophies. I said yes and he replied with, "ok message me in a few days when you've figured them out", then immediately logged off. Basically figured he was gonna go on his way and come back and have me carry him to some trophies. Suffice it to say, I never bothered to "figure them out". Other experiences include needing a group of 4 to play 5 coop missions together in one session (Dying Light) and having someone get impatient and quit right before we turned in the fifth mission nullifying and resetting our progress.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior - A guy joined our chat and we explained about 5 times what he had to do but he just kept complaining about how it wasn't fair that he wasn't getting any kills and he just quit.

007 Legends - We were boosting and a guy just joined and we told him we were doing it in order of who joined the chat meaning he would be last. He left and said something like "if that's the way you are going to be I'll find others to boost with".

I've had a few where when the guys get their trophy they quit straightaway which is very annoying.

GTA IV - had to leave two PS3s on over a few nights with the controllers set up to one player kill the other player all night. Before that I had to do some glitches in order to the second player appearing at the same spot. Nasty.

Tomb Raider - boosting level 60. I'm just glad my TV has a PiP (picture in picture) mode so I could grind the experience on one side of the screen and watch TV at the same time on the other side of the screen. Nasty.

Assassin's Creed series including multiplayer trophies - playing Wolfpack over and over for a few days sucked so hard. The reason I hate AC games (that and collectibles). Nasty.

• Like 2

When going for the Resident Evil 5 Versus DLC trophies I found a gamer to boost with and we agreed on a time and date. When it was time to boost, the guy didn't show up. A few days later he replied back to my message and told me he already boosted it with someone else and didn't want to waste his time helping me out. Didn't bother doing these trophies until I found a group of people going for it.

• Like 3

Here's what I sent to my Facebook friend. It was copy pasted into Facebook, then copy pasted here, it's kind of a mess but if I leave it alone without any editing it will probably best represent what actually went down.

Him: Can you please help me get that online trophy?

Me: Probably man, which game?

Friend request from Him: Need some help with some online trophy.

Him: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

Me: Yeah man, whenever you're ready.

Him: Invite to his game of Tony Hawk HD.

Me: Won't let me join because I don't own the DLC.

Him: Try buying the DLC.

Me: mmm, no. try deleting it?

Him: I don't know how to delete the DLC but promise me that you'll get the DLC, OK?

Facebook friend "You of all people didn't buy the DLC?"

Me: I'm not gonna pay 7 bucks for the dlc i don't want, just to help someone...just reinstall the game if you can, then when we're done, redownload the dlc

Him: I'm sorry about the DLC I didn't know that both players have the DLC. T_T

Him: How much PSN money do you have?

Me: 2 bucks and like 5 cents

Him: Try getting some PSN prepaid card & than help me get this annoying online trophy.

Me: mmm, no. try deleting and reinstalling the game without dlc, i said i'm not paying for it

Him: I'm aware that if I delete & reinstall the game, I'll lose all my progress.

Me: save and game data are separate, trust me

Him: Have you done this before?

Me: literally heaps of times, you'll be fine

Him: I did what you said I hope this works. Right now I'm waiting for the game to be fully downloaded.

Me: you'll be fine, don't worry

*after waiting, it downloads and we reconnect*

Me: get it?

Him: Yes I got that online trophy. Thanks for your help. Wanna be friends?

*The End*

Facebook friend: 

"You can buy it"

"No"

"How about you buy it"

"No"

"Another idea is that you could buy it"

"No"

Okay so turns out I misread and he didn't offer to buy a PSN card, but other than that my memory was pretty right, also his name was in those messages and I had to remove them and replace it with him and me instead. I'm nice.

• Like 2

Im sure there more but the ones that stand out were:

Red Dead Redemption- trying to organise these with glitched servers was bad enough but then having to try and get 8 players together for posse up, king pin and 6 players for poker ace (all without leaving) was a nightmare. So many sessions.

Ridge Racer Unbounded - decided to try and get the mp done for this when they announced the servers closure. The Mp again is a glitchy nightmare with people unable to join/find players and the game crashing due to too activity within the game. Try to get 8 ppl together and stay for you to win 5 races...just fml. Players don't listen/follow instructions, rage quit, quit when they're done. and refuse to help in return. I never thought id get all of them done except one of the group organisers was great and gave me a chance and I managed to grab them. 

There was another game which I cant remember now where it took over an hour to try and organise people and nothing got done. 

Edited by black__bunny
  • Like 1

Easily ModNation Racers: Road Trip.  Getting the ModNation Superstar trophy you need to get to 100,000 xp points which can only be earned by others downloading your creations.  Even on a PSN messaging thread with 20+ active people working together it took weeks to get this one complete.

Fuse had to be the worst to date. Let me start by saying that I'm sure that everyone can agree that Dalton and Izzy are the best characters to get the job done when used correctly and me and boyfriend are pretty seasoned with them so we were prepared for the worst, Naya is okay only when used properly but Jacob is hands down the worst character to have ESPECIALLY in Echelon mode. He just brings absolutely nothing to the table in my opinion and will need to be monitored as he has nothing useful for himself or the team. in short: Don't pick him if you plan to come into my room as this proved to be entirely too much one fateful afternoon. With that being said, my most recent one being: 

FUSE:  My boyfriend and I got a random message asking for help with the Echelon maps and since we were already currently in the process of doing them, I agreed to invite the guy because I just like helping out. My boyfriend was like "This isn't a mode where you can just carry people around, what if he stunts our progress, Are you sure you have the patience for this?" I was like "He won't, Let's just help him, please." and ended up convincing him to help the person also. The guy ended up waiting for us to kill most of the enemies and he would wiz through and pick up ALL of our hard earned Fuse credits, which we were also farming at the time. It became so much harder as in most parts he would stray to the other side of the map (instead of staying near the awesome Med beacon) and get gunned down so we'd have to race to go pick him up. He would also waste the heavy guns to kill the small enemies which might prove to be a deal sealer in itself considering that you will have 4 big baddies after you all at once and killing them quickly is crucial to getting 5 stars. Not to mention that almost game breaking lag that accompanied him causing everything to periodically freeze or slow down dramatically. The med beacons wouldn't revive people sometimes even though it was freshly thrown and we were dead center but most of all, The human players couldn't revive other human players sometimes and the enemies would react to damage late. I killed quite a few enemies only to have them then drop me and die instantly after. Good thing the AI was quick at reviving people or we never would have gotten through that wreck. The two of us ended up just beating and 5 starring the maps ourselves and then coming back to help him so we wouldn't have a reason to be annoyed. I don't really blame him as he had no control over his connection and probably thought that it was just better to stay out of the way....but it wasn't. He caused more damage than he meant to, I'm sure. I do, however, blame him for stealing all of the credits. Leave some for us since we did all of the work. Gosh i feel horrible speaking about that but it was simply a gaming experience that I never want to relive. 

AC Brotherhood:  After strict instructions on how to stun boost, this one guy zipped through and killed a target almost everytime and each time he said "Sorry, I forgot, lol." I felt like he did it on purpose to get more points while ruining others grind. That respawn time isn't considered short when you only have 8 minutes a session. Every second counts.

AC III:  This one guy wanted help to boost XP in Wolfpack and just came through like a tornado getting 100 points for every kill even when the targets were standing still. He took no prisoners and even though my partner and I had like 12 kills to his 20, we managed to get twice the amount of points. We ended up not helping him anymore since at that rate, it would have taken him forever to level up. 

Last of us:  This one guy kept killing people on maps it took hours to reach, causing them to miss their trophy. Took us 3 hours to get back to that one map he screwed us out of.

Edited by Gamer-Girls-FTW
  • Like 2

My worst boosting experience was Uncharted 2, although I've done much longer and more gruelling grinds than this, it wasn't due to the actual grind that pissed me off but the people I had to deal with. When I was boosting, I was the only person who was willing to add a 2nd PS3 to the lobby to make matchmaking better, because if I hosted one team with my main PS3 and the other team with my 2nd PS3 then it would pair up both teams within a few seconds, however when we finally got in the lobby, the people with my 2nd PS3's account on their team wanted to get kills in place of the turn that would have been there if my 2nd PS3 wasn't in their team, of course I refused to allow them to do that, why should I be letting a stranger get more progress than me when I'm the one using up more electricity and bandwidth than them? Funnily enough, everyone else was arguing against me for being opposed to letting people get kills in place of my 2nd PS3, I decided to leave because of this drama and grinded most of my kills by joining public lobbies and killing my alt account if it was assigned to the opposite team, which was quite difficult to do considering all those clans that kick your ass in the multiplayer. Aside from this, I started the game because two of my uninformed friends had it on their trophy list, they wanted me to do it because I had 2 PS3s, but little did we know it required 6 people to boost effectively, as well as this both guys had shitty schedules, one of them would be online during the day but would go to sleep at night and the other would come in the evening and want to boost into the early morning. 

On Playstation by far Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Despite it still being a relatively active community I can never even connect to a game, and even on attempts to boost I can never connect to the partner, with the invite system fucking up constantly and trophies not actually unlocking if you invite them. I think it's a netcode issue, as I live in Australia and it can't connect me to Americans, but of course there's no option to filter by region so I as of yet have not got a relatively easy Platinum and probably won't. Even with Australians it's difficult to connect, so fuck you Superbot for fucking up the online component for your game. Worst thing I can't find anyone else online with these problems (and I know there are. There's other Australians on here complaining about it. It's just Americans going nope nothing wrong on my end :), so because it's not happening to Americans the problem gets ignored.

Fuck sake. 

Some guy from a previous boosting session was going to solo Enduring Spirit in The Crew, although you need to be in somebody's crew as you finish the race or you won't get the trophy. You can only join or invite your friends to crews while you're in a solo race, so he asked me to stay online while he did it. I figured I might as well get it out of the way at the same time if I was going to help him, so I also started the race and asked him to stay on for a little longer afterwards so I could finish as well.

Around checkpoint 110 of 116 in the 3.5 hour race, I noticed he had already finished and got his trophy. I was worried he might no longer care enough to keep his side of the deal or simply forgot about me, so I messaged him saying I was almost done to try and remind him. Literally all he needed to do at this point was stay on the game. He didn't reply to my message and I started to expect the worst. Then, at checkpoint 114 with the finish line practically in sight, he just logs out and abandons me.

So here I am at 4 in the morning, furious and on the verge of crying and falling asleep, with no friends who can help and barely anyone on PSNP for me to ask, right at the end of a race that had taken up the last 200 minutes of my life. I spent over an hour frantically refreshing my friends list and the PSNP status update I made, just hoping someone would come to my rescue. The whole time I was very aware of the fact that if me or the servers disconnected for even a minute it would have all been for nothing, so I couldn't relax at all. I even considered going into the live chat and offering someone real money to log into The Crew for a minute, just so I wouldn't have to replay that massive race.

Then someone else from a previous Crew boosting session came online. I messaged him within seconds asking if he was available to help me, but he told me he had trouble logging into the game with that account for some reason. Nethertheless he tried to get online, but it didn't work and I almost resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to repeat the race. But then the guy offered to be the nicest person in the world and logged into a second account, spent 15 minutes progressing to the point where he could join my crew, and helped me get the trophy and therefore my platinum.

It all worked out in the end, but it still really gave me a sour last memory of an otherwise enjoyable game.

• Like 2

I don't think I've had a bad boosting session yet. I've only boosted with myself on a second console or with people on the forums who are trustworthy.

I had a few disconnects but it only added an extra minute or five to the total boosting time. I wouldn't consider that too bad.

I have not participated in many boosting sessions. But from my experience the worse one would have to be gta v for the PS3. So I host a session to get people to help me get the pathetic heist trophies. After days of people entering and leaving I finally got enough people. All was going well until this one person left me to do the heist trophies by myself. Although he left me to grind the horrible game, he sent me a message with other players who wanted to boost which was nice on his side. To this very day I still don't have all of the heist trophies...

Driver San Francisco - Because of the region locked servers both the host has to be from the same country or continent.Plus you'll need at least 4 players to start the team events which was difficult because it was hard finding the right group of peopl to do this.Often you find randoms which is a good and a bad thing.This was Pain for me since I live in Australia and no one plays this game. Eventually got the platnium due to some good commication.

• Like 1

In the most of the online boost, in PS3 games I have always found people that shit the moment, for example, I can't achieve the level 40 of Bioshock 2, when I played it for last time, I found 3 f**King cheaters that wrecked that moment, they were imposible to make damage, when they shot, doesn't mather if you were out of the damage range, you always got damage, sometimes, a simple shot made me lose, being with the health full, also, they appeared from the nothing (the weren't using houdini skill)

I have not participated in many boosting sessions. But from my experience the worse one would have to be gta v for the PS3. So I host a session to get people to help me get the pathetic heist trophies. After days of people entering and leaving I finally got enough people. All was going well until this one person left me to do the heist trophies by myself. Although he left me to grind the horrible game, he sent me a message with other players who wanted to boost which was nice on his side. To this very day I still don't have all of the heist trophies...

Man, I'm still angry about the heist trophies. It's super frustrating when you plan a boosting session for one week just to have someone that doesn't show up.

For me, there are two experiences that were bad. The first was on Ultra Street Fighter IV. The boost went well, but the lag was horrible. Each match took forever to finish, and everyone needed to win the tournament. The other was Portal 2 coop mode, where the servers simply doesn't work. I spent almost a week trying with some partners, but it never worked. Then I heard that you need to own the game on Steam to play the multiplayer on PS3. Fuck you, Valve.

Edited by platypus200