"The Challenger"

EpicNogg4

In game you will see "beat xxxxx's score on" or something like that. You have to beat it with better score than that player. Do it 3 times in one game and the trophy should pop. But I think you need friends to play the game to set records for the challenges.

Backing up the above user with 'beat xxxxx score' they need to be on your friends list - however I got it from separate matches not 3 in one match.

Go to the exclamation mark on the map and beat the friends score on that soecific task e.g. Jump further, beat the trench time etc.

Edited by DJROE95

Backing up the above user with 'beat xxxxx score' they need to be on your friends list - however I got it from separate matches not 3 in one match.

Go to the exclamation mark on the map and beat the friends score on that soecific task e.g. Jump further, beat the trench time etc.

Will an explanation mark show up on the map?

Will an explanation mark show up on the map?

The mini map, yep. At least it did for me, normally in the last half of the game, if you die before doing the task it asks if you though it disappears for a while. This can be useful though if the challange is to difficult - get blown up and see if you get an easier one.

I played on team death match don't know if that effects it

The mini map, yep. At least it did for me, normally in the last half of the game, if you die before doing the task it asks if you though it disappears for a while. This can be useful though if the challange is to difficult - get blown up and see if you get an easier one.

I played on team death match don't know if that effects it

Thanks! Strange though never seen an explanation mark show up on the map

They have to be on your friends list? What are those of us with no friends meant to do? ;-; (You're the only person on my friends list with the game... I think :highfive: )

As someone that hasn't seen one of these exclamation points yet I have a couple of questions. 1) In order to exist I need to have friends online in the game or do they just need to have at some point completed the challenges. 2) Is there anyway to know if I'm setting these things up for my friends? 

As someone that hasn't seen one of these exclamation points yet I have a couple of questions. 1) In order to exist I need to have friends online in the game or do they just need to have at some point completed the challenges. 2) Is there anyway to know if I'm setting these things up for my friends? 

They just need to have completed the challanges:D for your second question I think it is the best score among your friends you are trying to beat and vise versa.

• Like 1

I was also struggling with this one, but I got the trophy moments ago and yeah, it only counts if it's one of the challenges that pop up on the top right corner of the screen during a match.

It also has to be from a PSN friend, challenges based on random player's scores won't count. If you're doing it right another pop-up will show up saying you bested your friend.

Doing this 3 times will unlock the trophy, it doens't have to be on a single match though.

• Like 1

A tip: If you are having trouble beating some of the challenges you are getting, try changing from Tank to FAV or vice versa. The challenges are specific per vehicle type. Also unless you are actively trying to beat a challenge, NEVER beat any kind of records - you are only making it more difficult for yourself, for when you need to beat it for real.

Edited by DKShadow

Blister Lake
- Bunker run
Get through the storage bunker under hangar 18
- Hard Air
Stay airborne for as long as possible
- Long reach 
Execute a clean jump off the ramp outside Cargo Bay 1
- Pick-up Rush
Shortest time to pickup 5 rockets.
- Quck draw
Most kills within 60 secs
- Quick fire
Quickest time to get 5 kills
- Survivor 
Destroy as many vehicles as you can before you die.
- Vertigo
Full circuit of the roof hanger 18 as quick as possible

Jackson's Pit 
- Conveyor Belt
Take the long route across the conveyor belts as fast as you can.
- Dirty Lap
Take the high road and complete a full lap around the edge of Jackson's Pit as fast as you can.
- Pick-up Rush
Shortest time to pickup 5 light missle
- Quck draw
- Quick fire
- Survivor 
- Trench Dash
Get from one end of the trench to the other as fast as you can.

The Lost Temple
- Camper
Stay on top of the temple as long as you can.
- Pick-up Rush
Shortest time to pickup 5 plasma
- Quck draw
- Quick fire
- Survivor 
- Temple jump
Jump as far as possible over the top of the temple.
- Temple Dash
Get through the temple as fast as you can.

Outpost 92
- Flare run
Hit each of the green flares in the shortest time possible
- Vent Jump
Make a jump and hang in the air as long as possible. (Vents are on top of some buildings)
- Pickup Rush
Shortest time to grab 3 light missiles.
- Ice Run
Make it between the middle arch of the submarine graveyard and the helipad as fast as you can.
- Quck draw
- Quick fire
Edited by x1rh0

I have completed the 1000 kills but not the 3 challenges. Is it the exclamation points that we have to beat or the game alerts people send?

Both. Depending on the challenge, some show on minimal, others do not. But you need to do the ones that the game tells you about while you are playing.

I've done it.

Method:

Search in your challenges which friend of your PSN list appear,

Try to beat those record.

When you have done a record it says:

"Name of the challenge"

"You passed xxxxx with 888seconds"

You can do it in separate matches. Don't worry.

Edited by ackendo_

So I've got a lot of people on my friends list now who play this, but only 1 of them is showing up in my challenges list, do they have to be real name friends? As that's the only thing I can think.

I also have beaten 4 of his things, and sent out challenges for each, but got no trophy popping :(

I can confirm the following:

* It doesn't matter how many of your friends' challenges you have beaten, you must beat them when they appear on the right screen to count for the trophy.

* Three different challenges from the same friend can make the job done. So, even if you have only one friend with the game, you can get it.

* If you can't get any challenge notification during the matches, change your vehicle.

Also, i read that there is an issue for people with too many friends at their lists.

Edited by zeldagate13
  • Like 1

I read that there are issues with people having more than 120 friends on his profile.

I got it yesterday after beating 5 challenges from my friends' list in a single match. I don't know if that can help, but trying to achieve it in Lost Temple is much easier (Temple Jump and Camper are the easiest challenges available, I think)

Yeah I got it in a single match.. I played all day today and no exclamation marks until I kept changing vehicles.. Then I got a crap ton in one match and I did like 5 in my predator.. It was nuts.. Anyways.. Good luck with this shitty trophy.. Definitely appears to be glitched if you're supposed to be able to get this across many matches, because I had to get all mine in one..

Been curious why this still hasn't popped for me as I've definitely sent at least 5 challenges to my friends. Wish I had kept track of which ones were sent since I'm wondering if they need to be different challenges or different friends. For example, I don't think that "Quickfire" or "Bunker Run" 3 times qualifies. On the same line of thought does beating the same player in three challenges work or do I need three different friend beaten in three different challenges...

In any case the lack of stat info in this game and the weird matchmaking (One match >10 minute match and I need to find a new lobby?) make me glad this is a plus game. Never mind the lack of content and customization options. It feels like a beta. A fun beta, but something that doesn't feel fully thought out or tested. I truly enjoyed this more than I thought I would, but if I saw this played I would still have a tough time laying out more than $10 for this.  

Been curious why this still hasn't popped for me as I've definitely sent at least 5 challenges to my friends. Wish I had kept track of which ones were sent since I'm wondering if they need to be different challenges or different friends. For example, I don't think that "Quickfire" or "Bunker Run" 3 times qualifies. On the same line of thought does beating the same player in three challenges work or do I need three different friend beaten in three different challenges...

In any case the lack of stat info in this game and the weird matchmaking (One match >10 minute match and I need to find a new lobby?) make me glad this is a plus game. Never mind the lack of content and customization options. It feels like a beta. A fun beta, but something that doesn't feel fully thought out or tested. I truly enjoyed this more than I thought I would, but if I saw this played I would still have a tough time laying out more than $10 for this.  

Agreed, but as someone who played the actual beta, it is MUCH better. I would hope more content will be added, but unfortunately I will likely have the platinum by then.

That is, assuming I can get this trophy to come up. Without any doubt, I know I have gotten over 3 challenge beaten. And still no trophy. The bad thing about it is the people are my friends list arent holding back, I actually have to make a serious attempt to beat their records. If it doesnt pop soon, Ill never be able to beat the records that are set