Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sir_Bee

PS4 - One download, two systems?

10 posts in this topic

I own two ps4's, and I was hoping that I could buy the digital version of this game on my account, and then download it to both systems so that my fiancee can play with me on the other system.  I know that this works with other games, as we currently do this for several other games, but I did not know how it would work with an MMO.  If anyone knows if this would be possible or not for this game, please let me know.

As far as I'm concerned, you have to have 2 copies for two different accounts. So 1 game per account.

1. 2 PSN IDs
2. 2 Purchased Copies of the Game
3. 2 Square Accounts with Paid subscriptions to FFXIV:ARR

If you have PSN account with bought game and PS Plus she can have this account on her PS4 set as primary account and she can play on her/different than your's account with you.

You need to purchase the game for every account intending to play, the serial key is bind to the account who purchases the game. I have this game on my radar and I've watched enough streams of it to tell you that you are NOT going to regret paying double to play with your loved one. Go for it, this game mops the floor with Destiny.

Edited by TheYuriG

I think you can download the game twice but your PSN ID has to be primary on your fiancée PS4 in order to play while you're offline as well. In addition to that, you need 2 PSN IDs and 2 subscription plans for FFXIV: ARR as Xeliot mentioned above. I hope that works out.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.  I am not a fan of needing to buy two copies of the same game, but it would appear that is what I may need to do.  Since we are very likely getting the digital version, I will try with just one copy. but I won't hold my breath on it working.  Still waiting on the lady to decide if its worth the sub fee to her.

If you have PSN account with bought game and PS Plus she can have this account on her PS4 set as primary account and she can play on her/different than your's account with you.

PS+ is not required for Final Fantasy XIV. The official website confirms this.

Edited by AnimeDreama

I've never had ps+ connected to my account, but I can still play online by using a ps+ users account as primary account, and mine as primary for the ps+ users account for game sharing.

Basically we can play the same game online at the same time with 1 purchased game (digitally) and 1 ps+ subscription.

I've never had ps+ connected to my account, but I can still play online by using a ps+ users account as primary account, and mine as primary for the ps+ users account for game sharing.

Basically we can play the same game online at the same time with 1 purchased game (digitally) and 1 ps+ subscription.

This is true of most games, but not actually the case here.  When you sign up for a subscription in FF, your psn ID is tied to the game, which means that only 1 psn id can be used to play each game.

This is true of most games, but not actually the case here.  When you sign up for a subscription in FF, your psn ID is tied to the game, which means that only 1 psn id can be used to play each game.

Oh, didn't know they made games like that yet