Zoltan Gwent Card problem on patch 1.11 [Fixed with patch 1.12]

I know it has been asked before but here's my problem. So firstly I missed Zoltan Card at the beggining of the game and I know there is a way to get it by a loot at Hanged Man's Tree. However, for me the loot only has unfinished book and no card. 

Some people did manage to find it there but some couldn't like me. Has anybody had this problem and were able to find a solution? 

Edited by maneesh2705

I know it has been asked before but here's my problem. So firstly I missed Zoltan Card at the beggining of the game and I know there is a way to get it by a loot at Hanged Man's Tree. However, for me the loot only has unfinished book and no card. 

Some people did manage to find it there but some couldn't like me. Has anybody had this problem and were able to find a solution? 

As the risk of sounding obtuse, have you looted everything is the Hanged Man's Tree's vicinity? I always use the witcher sense as it lights up lootable items in yellow. You can check for the exact location in this video.

Also, I wonder if you have been playing the game on the 1.11 patch? If you started off the save file on a patch before 1.07, that can possibly render the card permanently missable. 

As the risk of sounding obtuse, have you looted everything is the Hanged Man's Tree's vicinity? I always use the witcher sense as it lights up lootable items in yellow. You can check for the exact location in this video.

Also, I wonder if you have been playing the game on the 1.11 patch? If you started off the save file on a patch before 1.07, that can possibly render the card permanently missable. 

Yeah I looked near the tree 3 times now but nothing there. I started playing the game on patch 1.11

I attached the screenshot of how it looks for me.

post-7358-0-29192300-1452168429_thumb.jpg

Edited by maneesh2705

Yeah I looked near the tree 3 times now but nothing there. I started playing the game on patch 1.11

I attached the screenshot of how it looks for me.

Unfortunately this seems to be a bug; but you are not alone in this, a lot of people playing on the latest patch cannot find the card under the tree. Have you completed the main quests by any chance?

Unfortunately this seems to be a bug; but you are not alone in this, a lot of people playing on the latest patch cannot find the card under the tree. Have you completed the main quests by any chance?

Nope. Haven't finished the main quests. I am at Skellige main quests atm. Why'd you ask?

Nope. Haven't finished the main quests. I am at Skellige main quests atm. Why'd you ask?

6 months ago#5
I was just about to create this topic, I'm glad you did. This is what I found last night purely by accident...

I have a save file from just before leaving the castle for Hanged man's tree the very first time. If I load that save, then fast-travel to Hanged Man's tree, the cutscene plays, I get control, and I find the Zoltan card there.

But...

When you fast-travel to Hanged Man's tree the first time, the game creates both an automatic save and and a checkpoint save.

If I load from the automatic save OR the checkpoint save, then the Zoltan card is NOT there.

This could be just this one isolated issue, but frankly it doesn't give me confidence that anyone playing from a checkpoint save or an automatic save really has a reliable world state to continue playing.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that the Zoltan card is NOT in my deck when loading from the automatic save or the checkpoint save.

This is what I could find from scourging online forums. I am not aware what causes this problem, and possibly you might have to do a New Game+ play through to get all the cards again.

6 months ago#5
I was just about to create this topic, I'm glad you did. This is what I found last night purely by accident...

I have a save file from just before leaving the castle for Hanged man's tree the very first time. If I load that save, then fast-travel to Hanged Man's tree, the cutscene plays, I get control, and I find the Zoltan card there.

But...

When you fast-travel to Hanged Man's tree the first time, the game creates both an automatic save and and a checkpoint save.

If I load from the automatic save OR the checkpoint save, then the Zoltan card is NOT there.

This could be just this one isolated issue, but frankly it doesn't give me confidence that anyone playing from a checkpoint save or an automatic save really has a reliable world state to continue playing.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that the Zoltan card is NOT in my deck when loading from the automatic save or the checkpoint save.

This is what I could find from scourging online forums. I am not aware what causes this problem, and possibly you might have to do a New Game+ play through to get all the cards again.

I understand. Thank you for the help. I have now finished the main story and gotten all the missable trophies except Card Collector. I guess it's time to start New Game + for it. 

I also skipped the tutorial I think and didn't have the Zoltan card, and when a few days ago I checked under the hanged man's tree only the unfinished journal had been there, but today the game updated to 1.12 and lo and behold when I visited the tree again the card was right under it near the campfire. It was quite a relief, hopefully now with this patch they've fixed it and it shows up for everyone.

• Like 1

I understand. Thank you for the help. I have now finished the main story and gotten all the missable trophies except Card Collector. I guess it's time to start New Game + for it. 

I also skipped the tutorial I think and didn't have the Zoltan card, and when a few days ago I checked under the hanged man's tree only the unfinished journal had been there, but today the game updated to 1.12 and lo and behold when I visited the tree again the card was right under it near the campfire. It was quite a relief, hopefully now with this patch they've fixed it and it shows up for everyone.

That's good news then. Maneesh2705, if you still have a non New Game+ save, you could update the game to 1.12 and try searching under the tree again. 

Edited by tkmj75

That's good news then. Maneesh2705, if you still have a non New Game+ save, you could update the game to 1.12 and try searching under the tree again. 

Oh cool. Problem is however that I already looted that place so there may be nothing to loot now. I'll try anyways though. 

EDIT: YES! I looked again and there it was! Thank God they fixed it with 1.12 patch! :D Don't have to do New Game+ anymore. 

Edited by maneesh2705

Oh cool. Problem is however that I already looted that place so there may be nothing to loot now. I'll try anyways though. 

EDIT: YES! I looked again and there it was! Thank God they fixed it with 1.12 patch! :D Don't have to do New Game+ anymore. 

glad to hear that buddy!  :)