Do you plan on getting a 100% profile?

Pavani_

Thanks. I already have a backlog of games I have bought and have yet to start, so I'll be quite busy for a while. Meanwhile, today could be the day of Star Ocean platinum, I'm grinding the final hundred battles for the last battle trophy. After years I'll be free from this nightmare at last lol

I'm trying to get as close to 100% as I can, even though it's like torture sometimes. :( I would have given up on it, but this girl who was my friend (psn name: thevampirediva) doesn't give up on trophies. She gets all her games to 100% and I feel like I can't stop unless she does, because it means I'm less than her. So I'm stuck being like her by being a completionist, no matter how much I hate a game. :(

You do realize you don't have to do it just because she does, right? Play the way you want to, independently of "peer pressure" (doesn't really seem like she's actually pressuring you, more like you're feeling pressured). If she wants to play this way. good for her, doesn't mean you have to. If you hated the game and don't want to play it anymore, then don't. Gaming's supposed to be an enjoyable activity. The moment you stop enjoying yourself, you should just move on. Some people do enjoy themselves just by collecting trophies, but that doesn't mean everyone's like that or has to be like that.

For example: my brother platted a lot of games on my profile before creating his own. When I started coming to the site more often, I wanted my profile to show only my games, so I hid my brother's from view. I also hid a couple of games that I played once, didn't like and since sold/gave away, so that my profile would be comprised only of the games I actually own. That made my profile have a 100% completion rate since I completed every single game on my collection. Most people here on the site would frown upon a 100% profile with more than 500 hidden trophies because it looks like a farce, which it kind of is, but... I couldn't possibly care less. It's my profile and I'll do with it what I want. I want it to be a reflection of my collection, not a history of every game I've ever played, regardless of if I've I've enjoyed them or not (or even if I've ever played them in the first place). I would actually delete all of my hidden trophies if I could (OK, maybe not the ones my brother still has, but you get the picture).

In short, don't do something just because someone else does, You do you.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

Edited by jrdemr

Yes definitely! All I need is for publishers/developers to reopen the servers that they have closed and I'm optimistic that they will after a polite request as they are so generous...... :facepalm:

Actually, having unobtainable trophies on my profile has forced me to see some perspective. I have wasted countless hours on this obsession playing games just for trophies. In fact many of my 600+ games were bought with the pattern of 'oooh, a game that I heard next to nothing about has dropped in price....' *then immediately loads up the trophy guide and purchases based only on trophies with no knowledge of story or gameplay*. I then struggle to play these games to achieve these digital timestamps which will mean very little to me when I am older and wondering if I wasted my life. It is a futile attempt, especially since I cannot complete all of these games before Sony sever the PS3 connection to PSN making trophy syncing impossible.

Don't get me wrong though, I do still feel a rush of accomplishment when that 'ping' sounds from my TV/Vita so I will continue to hunt. 100% is forever beyond my reach but I will try to complete the games which I genuinely want to play but have been postponing to instead play these 'easy and quick' platinum games which are a parasitic succubus to my once eager gaming personality. Then again, this time next week I will probably be killing my completion percentage even more by starting another one of my crappy games just to postpone playing the story mode of The Last of Us.

Good luck to anyone hoping to achieve 100%. Don't get drawn in by easy platinums. Play games for the love of gaming, not trophies.

• Like 2

So, do you want a 100% profile, what's keeping you from getting it?

To be honest, I am sure I can keep my profile at 100%, but I am not going to jump off a cliff(aka a Kanda of Faith, Far Cry Primal LOLZ :lol:) if my profile is stuck at 70% or lower for the rest of my life. To be fair, the reason I started a new account and abandoned my old account was that I was O.C.D. about having problems with my completion %, which I wanted to get away from. I had a whole bunch of crappy incomplete trophy lists that made me weep.

But now I am not too concerned. You'll need to get every game on your account maxxed out on trophies which can be a pain as some trophies in a game are insanely tough(I am not sure if I will ever have the strength to go back to Jak 2 and beat that mission involving racing to the stadium in under 3 minutes), but unless you are hardcore, you are going to probably get an ulcer and die from acid reflux by stressing over the games you cannot complete(for me, it's YET) and nobody wants that. That's not why you play games. IMHO, I really think the trophy system, while it brings us all together, tends to make a lot of unnecessary stress for some people.

Then again, playing Playstation games and earning 100% may not be for you, and people try to kill themselves(figuratively) to be the best. Otherwise there would never be any silly reality TV shows. :D

So, do you want a 100% profile, what's keeping you from getting it? :angry:

Okay, okay! I'll answer the question. I do not really want a 100% profile as it would require me to complete the games that I have so much rage :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:  completing, but if I did go for it, what would keep me from getting 100% is having the mental and physical strength to sit down and spend hours doing those tough challenges. I mean, I promised myself I'd put Tales of Symphonia on my account but the thought of having to grind all those titles... :holy:

Yes definitely! All I need is for publishers/developers to reopen the servers that they have closed and I'm optimistic that they will after a polite request as they are so generous...... :facepalm:

And that is why I created a new account and most of my trophy games are single-player; I made it a point never to do co-op on online trophies unless I am assured I can boost them because there's always the chance that the company will shut down the servers. Anyone remember the Dream World from Pokemon Black and White? No? Well, that's because Nintendo ditched it when X and Y came out so they could do a more flexible method of getting special Pokemon. That's a shame as I loved logging into the Dream World once a day and exploring the various locales and growing berries on a Flash account. But now Black and White's C-Gear is a complete piece of trash that is going to be stuck on their games forever. :( That's the sort of thing you have to watch for when playing a game with online functions.

I then struggle to play these games to achieve these digital timestamps which will mean very little to me when I am older and wondering if I wasted my life.

A reason why I created a new account - my old account had games that were complete trash but I added them because they were cool. Where the Wild Things Are was a nice title but I really cared nothing for it because I had never seen the movie and one trophy was stupid and I didn't want to earn it anymore. Then there was MySims SkyHeroes (shudder) which I had bought because I loved MySims Kingdom when I still owned a Nintendo Wii, but this was a horrible flight simulator and I HATE flight simulators! I have decided to be honest with myself - do I like the game? I don't like Jak 2, but I will try to get the platinum for it because I want to show that game that I am not giving up on it just because of one frustrating experience. On the other hand, I decided to never plat Jak 3 after another such experience ruined the game.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Putting aside the matter of whether I even COULD 100% my profile, I don't really want to. What I value on profiles is the trophies earned, not the trophies that haven't been earned. I think that constantly obsessing over 100% or even a moderately high completion percentage (like 75% or so) would cause me a lot more stress than it would satisfaction to achieve, especially if it holds me back from purchasing more games until I get relatively high on my existing games' completion.

You do realize you don't have to do it just because she does, right? Play the way you want to, independently of "peer pressure" (doesn't really seem like she's actually pressuring you, more like you're feeling pressured). If she wants to play this way. good for her, doesn't mean you have to. If you hated the game and don't want to play it anymore, then don't. Gaming's supposed to be an enjoyable activity. The moment you stop enjoying yourself, you should just move on. Some people do enjoy themselves just by collecting trophies, but that doesn't mean everyone's like that or has to be like that.

I really can't stand the thought that she succeeded but I failed though. Me giving up on being a completionist would be admitting that she can do it but I can't, therefore she's better than me. I can't live with myself knowing that. So my only choice is to push through the suffering until 100%. And why aren't you telling her to stop getting all trophies too? If you want me to stop being a completionist , get her to stop first. So I can feel like I have permission to give up.

And why aren't you telling her to stop getting all trophies too? If you want me to stop being a completionist , get her to stop first. So I can feel like I have permission to give up.

Um... because you're the one complaining you "have to" play games you hate?...

I don't want you to stop doing anything. I was just giving you some friendly advice. You have all the permission you need to "give up". But if you feel you have to keep doing it just because she does, go right ahead. No skin off my back.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my second Acount and Im sure as hell I will not reach 100% for some  games that I refuse to keep on grindin´

Example: GTA 6- I bought it as a Gift for my nephew and someday he played it on my account and left the mark there =(

STEALH INC. - Damn those Gold medal tests and DLC!

Vanquish- I know the platinum is a pain!

And all those Multiplayer trophies (Tomb Raider, TLOU, GTAV, Red Dead, etc!

But Kudos for those who are on track for 100%

Yeah :/ I'm actually OCD about it - for me it's all or nothing. If I work really hard for a trophy, I'm going to get the platinum to make that trophy and all the others count for something. If you're not going to try for the platinum, I wouldn't try for any of them. A bronze, silver or gold mean nothing on their own. Hell well I guess a fake platinum doesn't mean much either when it comes down to it. I will stop at some point. It gives me satisfaction, but it also makes me feel like I have no life.

• Like 2

Only play games that i really like so buying all DLC doesn't feel like a waste to me B)

I guess people have different ways to trophy hunt and all should be respected, some will go for the highest platinum trophy count, ill rather go for 100% on all games.

Edited by PedrOYX

Oh no, I know that I'm just not good enough to pull that off. My goal was 50% (started at around 20% last December, when I started trying for trophies), and I met that, so at this point I'm just going to try playing games I like when and how I feel like playing them, and occasionally going for plats/100%'s when it feels right. Trying to get every decoration in COD:BO3 or every trophy in Blacklight: Retribution would take way too long, and I'm positive I wouldn't have any fun. The satisfaction I get from plats isn't nearly high enough to justify all that time and frustration.

Also, it's impossible, given how many games have had their servers shut down. A decent number of the trophies I'm missing are unobtainable at this point.

As far as I can tell without extensive digging, none of my current games have unobtainables. As such, I'd like to slowly chip away at what I have to one day reach that 100%, being of the mindset that if a trophy is doable, there's no reason I can't obtain it. That said, I'd be happy so long as I have at least a 70% overall completion percentage. Likely won't be for some time with that, though.

Nope, I don't care for that as there are some games on my profile I know I will never play again as I disliked them. Some others are impossible for me as I'm not skilled enough for them (--> every fighter- and some rhythm-games) or because they contain online-multiplayer, one thing I dislike. 

My ~70% are satisfying enough for me. Maybe I will reach 80+% on one day, but that's in the far away future.