Do you plan on getting a 100% profile?

Pavani_

Definitely I mean what else would one do with their time but grind out games for 100 %, I mean life, love, friends, golf,  shopping, staring blankly at a walls .... these all pail into insignificance when contemplating the overwhelming sense of joy I will feel finally claiming that digital 100%. I mean I just know it will make me a complete person..... I can't wait....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

....You “tried leaving games unfinished before”.....? This just keeps getting better! And you’re just accidentally funny too. The thick skin must serve you really well in life and business.

As for me, I’m beginning to notice that I have very thin skin and great sensitivity to people and games. Therefore, if I find myself in a game that is not having a good effect on me for whatever reason, I’m outta there. 

100% thus not desirable on many games. So... I let myself off the hook and pawn off games I don’t like on my stepson who profits from the situation nicely.

haha...yep, tried...threads on this site got me wondering why i play the way I do so I thought I'd try out different styles...see if perhaps things are more enjoyable if I only go through the story content or if I start multiple games at once...the result was i got so confused as to which story was which and couldn't remember what was really going on...memory is not my strong point when it comes to video game, book, movie, etc. stories...ended up going back and restarting them from scratch...

i've enjoyed every game I played so far...some more than others...i guess I feel I'm missing out if I leave content unfinished...like if I joined a football (soccer) match, was having a good time but then decided to leave after only playing for 10 minutes...it doesn't take effort to want to play all 90 minutes...same applies to games imo...no thick skin required...

side note : I really don't think there's anything impressive/unimpressive about my profile or 100% profiles...it's just a certain style of playing games and people have various ways of going about it as we see in this thread...again, to each their own...

• Like 1

At the beginning of this new account, I was trying to get a 100% completion.

But then I bought some game that I might have fun playing and it would be hard to platinum (like Marvel vs Capcom or even Catherine).

Now I test the games in my alt account, if I like them and want to play online, I’ll start in my main account, collecting the most trophies I can. If it’s no good, I don’t even bother starting it.

Ill try my best to get 95% at least, one day :D

I am, its fun! Ranking up with high completion rate. One thing, bec im trophy hunter i almost never play AAA games with challenging trophies.. once i reached top 10 in my country I’m planning to play more AAA games

• Like 1

The idea would be nice I guess but I don't think it's really a priority. Sure I'm going for it (mainly because I'm new and can maintain it) but when the day comes I can't go for it. So be it.

I won't sacrifice playing games I want to enjoy for the sake of a 100% profile.

• Like 2

yep this is my 100% profile hehe, i do have another profile for helping others who need it and to score as many points as i can regardless weather the game can still be plated or 100%ed so i still have a ton of fun playing games, is it easy maintaining an 100% profile? my answer would have to be its not as hard as others think so long as you do your reaserch on the game first and not rush into it, thats what my other profile is for lol, dose it make gameing or even trophy hunting less fun? AHHH HELL NO!! i am a trophy hunter and the 100% profile makes it more fun if you ask me as its the challenge set before me, would i recomend it to anyone? nope...only the ones who want to do it will do it :) but im always happy to give my thoughts and advice to those who want to do this, good luck to us all :)

• Like 1

I do 100% because i feel i get the maximum out of the game then

I only play games which im sure i will enjoy, currently i havent had a trophy being 'too hard' to achieve, but i guess that also is because i like to go for any trophy fully, the feeling of achieving a hard trophy satisfies me more than just 'leaving it be' 

This year i had 'Valor Grand Cross' (Killzone 2) & 'Champion!' (Rayman Legends PS Vita) which were pretty hard to obtain, trophies being that hard really give them more 'value' imo (as in: you keep remembering how it was to get them) than a simple 'complete story' trophy

No the games I 100% define me. 

Showing the games I played through vs the games I got the platinum tell a story. 

It may not be a complete story(I have unfinished platinums I want), but it's something, and it's mine. 

If all my games were 100% it would dilute the ones I cared for the most. 

Not to mention the memories of those I enjoyed the most would be drowned out more by the others

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

No the games I 100% define me. 

Showing the games I played through vs the games I got the platinum tell a story. 

It may not be a complete story(I have unfinished platinums I want), but it's something, and it's mine. 

If all my games were 100% it would dilute the ones I cared for the most. 

Not to mention the memories of those I enjoyed the most would be drowned out more by the others

Exactly.

• Like 1

Simply put, no. It's way too much work and I think it would definitely kill the enjoyment I get from the hobby. 

I'm aiming to get a 90-95% completion rate though. Which is kinda difficult considering I don't buy DLCs because I don't see value in them and that I keep adding games to my profile that I never finish with reckless abandon.

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

I've been at 100% a few times. I added a bunch of games to my account for a site event so I haven't been there for a while now, but I'll get there eventually when I get back to FFX. I try to make sure everything on my profile is something I want to play, so I don't really have any games I played solely to get another platinum.