Splash damage glitched?

XCKingBrent

Yeah I used the airstrike in the hanger level (forgot the name) and got a triple kill, also got a triple kill inside the hanger on domination and death match with the laser where people had bunched up. Don't know if it makes a difference but the commentator said 'triple kill'.

Trophy isn't glitched I achieved this without even attempting it the best way to do this is to go onto Blister Lake hide in the bunker and wait for the airstrike to spawn if it's not in the bunker it will be on the roof which you can get to via the ramp on the airstrip 

Trophy isn't glitched I achieved this without even attempting it the best way to do this is to go onto Blister Lake hide in the bunker and wait for the airstrike to spawn if it's not in the bunker it will be on the roof which you can get to via the ramp on the airstrip 

And yet it won't pop for some people, including me and a coworker. Check the video here:

https://twitter.com/DKShadow/status/685538592983244800/video/1

Yeah I have heard the commentator guy say "Triple Kill" a few times and I still haven't had the trophy pop either. I have managed quite a few 5+ kills in Deathmatch too, especially on Blister Lake. Just won't pop, along with the aerial railgun trophy.

EDIT: Surely the 3 kills at the end of this video (7:00 onwards) I did is a triple kill?

Edited by BOT-Brad

Finally got the trophy today. I used Frostbite which gave me two kills, and immediately after I killed a 3rd enemy with a heavy missile. Announcer said triple kill and the trophy popped. So maybe combining special weapon with a normal kill at the same time does the trick?

Finally got the trophy today. I used Frostbite which gave me two kills, and immediately after I killed a 3rd enemy with a heavy missile. Announcer said triple kill and the trophy popped. So maybe combining special weapon with a normal kill at the same time does the trick?

Unfortunatelly it doesn't...I just killed 7 enemies at once including one "normal kill" and nothing popped: https://youtu.be/brlDJakJYWQ

EDIT: just got it by killing 8 enemies with an air strike...what a buggy trophy, but it eventually unlocks

Edited by SEBi_1899
  • Like 1

Guys, I think the problem is that the trophy is called "splash damage".

Just because you get multiple kills at once doesn't make it a splash damage event. You could get it with the environmental weapon if there's a crowd at the entrance to the safe zone, but not if they are all over the map.You need to have them grouped together. Also, there is the increase splash damage upgrade (I think it's the last one you get). which may help. I finally got it tonight with a laser strike at the beginning of a game! Whew. Just 250 more kills to the plat!

Guys, I think the problem is that the trophy is called "splash damage".

Just because you get multiple kills at once doesn't make it a splash damage event. You could get it with the environmental weapon if there's a crowd at the entrance to the safe zone, but not if they are all over the map.You need to have them grouped together. Also, there is the increase splash damage upgrade (I think it's the last one you get). which may help. I finally got it tonight with a laser strike at the beginning of a game! Whew. Just 250 more kills to the plat!

Yeah good point. That's what I've been envisioning doing if I could get a few people to help, just ask them to all stay in the same spot for the air raid kill or just use the laser. Scheduled a gaming session for tonight but didn't get any joiners so far. Just working my way towards 1000 kills too. All I need is the 3 friend challenges one, splash damage, and 1000 kills. I feel like I've beat plenty of challenges from the one person on my friends list who has the game and that one hasn't popped yet either. 

Edited by KnightGraveheart

Yeah good point. That's what I've been envisioning doing if I could get a few people to help, just ask them to all stay in the same spot for the air raid kill or just use the laser. Scheduled a gaming session for tonight but didn't get any joiners so far. Just working my way towards 1000 kills too. All I need is the 3 friend challenges one, splash damage, and 1000 kills. I feel like I've beat plenty of challenges from the one person on my friends list who has the game and that one hasn't popped yet either. 

For the challenge trophy: wait for the game to give you a challenge to beat. This will be displayed in the upper right corner, then beat it. Only those seem to count. Having friends who hardly set challenge scores works best. If you die before beating it, wait for the game to give you a new one.

*edit*

I got the splash damage trophy yesterday. First I had a four kill with airstrike but died by it myself as well and no trophy. A few hours later I activated another airstrike. This time I survived and I had exactly three enemy kills and a bunch of teammate kills as well, and the trophy popped.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 1

Same major problem here , kept getting 4+ kills with all level special weapons + normal kills and havent been lucky. I've been trying for the past 2 days to get it and still no luck..its weird cause my buddy got it with the airstrike and showed me the SS.. I want to do it the legit way but to get the trophy i guess i'll boost it

Hey people just to let you know i've finally got the trophy so here is how : on a deathmatch i grabbed the laser and killed 4 people bunched together. some got it with special lvl weapons but laser seems to be the best solution !

Hey people just to let you know i've finally got the trophy so here is how : on a deathmatch i grabbed the laser and killed 4 people bunched together. some got it with special lvl weapons but laser seems to be the best solution !

Did they patch out being able to get it with level specials? Gotten 3+ kills about 10 times yesterday with level specials and no trophy. I managed to hit two guys next to each other with the laser and the announcer said double kill, so I am thinking it only works with regular weapons now.

The good thing is this one can be boosted if it is bugged, unlike The Challenger trophy which will not pop for many people despite completing it.

• 1 month later...

Did they patch out being able to get it with level specials? Gotten 3+ kills about 10 times yesterday with level specials and no trophy. I managed to hit two guys next to each other with the laser and the announcer said double kill, so I am thinking it only works with regular weapons now.

The good thing is this one can be boosted if it is bugged, unlike The Challenger trophy which will not pop for many people despite completing it.

I realize you're post is somewhat old at this point. But i think the cause of this trophy glitching has been discovered. So i figure posting it for people to see is better then nothing and hopefully the idiot devs get their heads out of thier asses for future projects or decide that this game is trash and needs a few patches.

I've gotten 6+ kills 5 times today alone and still have no splash damage to show for it. 

if you've noticed after you've completed a round of something and the left overview shows all zeros rather then actual stats for the round such as kills and deaths and whatnot. Then i think that means theres been some sort of server communication problem [Which happens quite often on this P.O.S] and instant action trophies such as triple kill. mid air kill. etc.... arent gonna pop. My friend had to do "death From above" like 8 times before it finally popped. Same for another doing triple 4 times in 1 game. And everytime ive done it today ive rang up zeros after the match. 

So long and short. the game is all about perseverance as the sad state of what passes for a game nowadays isn't gonna help the player any. Just keep trying and going for the specials and if you're lucky not only will you get more then 2 kills but the RNG gods will bless you with something you've probably done 10 times over already.