The Platinum

Dreakon139

Alright, let me start by saying I hear GTAIV is a bit of a beast to platinum and that I personally never really expected to platinum it. However, I do intend to beat the game again under 30 hours for the gold trophy and I'm going to try for the platinum on top of that.

Why I'm posting this... I guess I'm just curious what online trophies are/will be the toughest to get. The ones that I pretty much need to boost in order to get. Between the dwindling online community and the fact Rockstar probably won't keep the servers online forever, they would probably be the ones that take the longest and give me the most trouble.

What's the quickest, and least troubling, path to platting GTAIV? Keeping in mind that, in this case, I am completely willing to boost lol.

Whether you go online or offline first, I'd say it doesn't really matter. Either way, you will need one person to boost Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic with, this trophy can be done in a day or two with some good boosting sessions. You will need 2 people to boost Wanted by doing Hangman's Noose over and over, you could do it with one other person but I advise you don't do that till you have mastered Hangman's Noose and the fastest possible routes.

When it comes to the SP, I advise playing through the entire game first, doing all the missions and storm through it. Once you have completed the story, do the last few side missions, then start working on the miscellaneous trophies and activity related trophies etc.

Also, don't worry about finishing the game in under 30 hours, it's super easy. I've played through GTA IV at least 6 times and every time I've done it under the time without even thinking, I usually finished it in around 15 hours with around 10 hours being my quickest time.

Thanks for the hasty reply, I guess I'll need to find some folks to boost with. If anyone else has any other thoughts on the topic at hand, don't hesitate to post as well! :)

Also, don't worry about finishing the game in under 30 hours, it's super easy. I've played through GTA IV at least 6 times and every time I've done it under the time without even thinking, I usually finished it in around 15 hours with around 10 hours being my quickest time.

I actually got the 'under 30 hours' trophy on another account and I beat it in about 15 hours as well. I'm not too concerned about that one, mainly the online ones I fear will be damn near impossible lol.

I actually got the 'under 30 hours' trophy on another account and I beat it in about 15 hours as well. I'm not too concerned about that one, mainly the online ones I fear will be damn near impossible lol.

Don't worry about them, they're more time consuming than difficult. The only difficult online trophy is Fly the Co-op, if you have trouble with that trophy, contact Animalmaniac on PSN, ask him if he will help you out. ;)

As long as you find a dude (or at least two) that help you out with the online, you should have no trouble. Just find them, and do AWP (Auf Widerhesen Petrovic) with them (make sure to keep records of what you've done and not), and after you are done with that, just try to get the other online trophies with them. Most of the online time you'll spent NOOSing, though.

• 5 months later...

If you're still looking for someone to help you with online trophies, I'm down to help. I'd like to platinum this eventually but I'm having a hard time getting into the game. It would be nice to have the multiplayer stuff out of the way for when I eventually finish up single player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Do not underestimate the Wanted trophy. This is THE trophy that makes GTA4 an absolute biotch. Sure AWP can only be gotten with boosting, but it's not that hard to find people wanting to boost it, and it "only" takes about 20 hours or so. Wanted on the other hand...I'm currently at 3.6M and this trophy has caused me to hate, hate, hate, hate, hate this game. I've gone too far to stop now but once it's finished I will never do something like this ever again.

• Like 1