Chainsaw Blaster Sucks

akaijaku

Is this the worst ranged weapon ever? I mean Nerf would be embarrassed to produce it, so of course every boss fight relies on this piece of garbage. It's slow, inaccurate (lock on might cause no damage, but you can hit without it sometimes). It routinely freezes the character apparently while reloading, but there's no way to tell if it's reloading or control it since the counter is only total ammo. It causes so little damage that even the weakest zombie can't be taken out with a headshot. Assuming I'm getting headshots since I can't actually tell where the shots are actually landing.

But on the bright side bosses get teleportation and lasers, and there are the lovely machine pistol toting cops.

• Like 1

Is this the worst ranged weapon ever? I mean Nerf would be embarrassed to produce it, so of course every boss fight relies on this piece of garbage. It's slow, inaccurate (lock on might cause no damage, but you can hit without it sometimes). It routinely freezes the character apparently while reloading, but there's no way to tell if it's reloading or control it since the counter is only total ammo. It causes so little damage that even the weakest zombie can't be taken out with a headshot. Assuming I'm getting headshots since I can't actually tell where the shots are actually landing.

But on the bright side bosses get teleportation and lasers, and there are the lovely machine pistol toting cops.

works fine for me im playing it now it hits hard and im knocking zombies heads off and its fairly fast unless ur wanting it to fire like an machinegun and im knocking huge chunks off bosses when its required aswell...... are u playing on super hard mode?

works fine for me im playing it now it hits hard and im knocking zombies heads off and its fairly fast unless ur wanting it to fire like an machinegun and im knocking huge chunks off bosses when its required aswell...... are u playing on super hard mode?

Played through on hard. Now that I've gone down to normal for the grindy bits it's reasonably effective. Other than intermittently not firing when I pull the trigger and freezing her even though ammo is still showing on the animation. Not expecting a machine gun, but a semi-automatic weapon firing when I pull the trigger (with that extra pull to reload) doesn't seem like to much of a request. I think I'm over 1.5 pulls per shot so far.

I've already found at least one trophy that's apparently glitched on mine. Wouldn't surprise me if that were another issue.

Who would have thought that a ranged weapon would do less damage in a melee focused hack and slasher.

Just so you know it can do some good damage if you shoot in the head. You know a zombies biggest weakness. 

Good point. I'd actually have preferred not to have mandatory ranged stuff and bypassed having this at all though. 

I've hit non-barred zombies in the forehead at close range and watched them get back up. Seems like BS to me when it won't credit a headshot unless they die in one shot. Less of an issue now that I finally got that trophy but still. Also annoying that the targeting reticle will change to show that you are on target, then hit the wall on the other side of your body even though everything indicates that you have a clean shot. It's a 40+ degree margin of error on some of these shots.

Edited by akaijaku

• 1 year later...

Is anyone experiencing a problem where the chainsaw blaster won't aim? Like I hold down l2 but it just spazzes out and resets the aim. I'm at the part where you protect the bus and its almost impossible since I can't aim for longer than half a seconds before it resets. I'm using a ps4 controller, plugged in and wireless, and it didn't help. Is this effecting anyone else?

• 2 years later...

i just played through a entire level tha ttook forever and couldnt beat "dads" score because the 2 times i had my rainbow charge full, it was used because the stupid button config decided to make the charge and the shoot the same button. so for some reason the dumb ♥ stops aiming and puts the gun down when she feels like it and while im tring to shoot she ends up using a rainbow charge and wasting it on floating zombies she cant hit

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2016 at 2:16 AM, akaijaku said:

Played through on hard. Now that I've gone down to normal for the grindy bits it's reasonably effective. Other than intermittently not firing when I pull the trigger and freezing her even though ammo is still showing on the animation. Not expecting a machine gun, but a semi-automatic weapon firing when I pull the trigger (with that extra pull to reload) doesn't seem like to much of a request. I think I'm over 1.5 pulls per shot so far.

I've already found at least one trophy that's apparently glitched on mine. Wouldn't surprise me if that were another issue.

Good point. I'd actually have preferred not to have mandatory ranged stuff and bypassed having this at all though. 

I've hit non-barred zombies in the forehead at close range and watched them get back up. Seems like BS to me when it won't credit a headshot unless they die in one shot. Less of an issue now that I finally got that trophy but still. Also annoying that the targeting reticle will change to show that you are on target, then hit the wall on the other side of your body even though everything indicates that you have a clean shot. It's a 40+ degree margin of error on some of these shots.

What trophy glitched for you?

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2016 at 4:23 PM, akaijaku said:

no way to tell if it's reloading or control it since the counter is only total ammo. 

I know this is really old but the model for the gun actually depletes the rounds in it (picture a revolver) but that's the only visual queue that you might need ammo. You can also manually reload with the square button with L2 held down. I think you get about 8 shots before you run empty and the game reloads for you.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 9/26/2017 at 10:13 PM, CarryLikeMari-ah said:

Is anyone experiencing a problem where the chainsaw blaster won't aim? Like I hold down l2 but it just spazzes out and resets the aim. I'm at the part where you protect the bus and its almost impossible since I can't aim for longer than half a seconds before it resets. I'm using a ps4 controller, plugged in and wireless, and it didn't help. Is this effecting anyone else?

I know this is an old post but for anyone else that might see this: I had the same issue with a ps4 controller. After switching to a ps3 one the issue went away.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 7:36 AM, StuGunn5 said:

I know this is an old post but for anyone else that might see this: I had the same issue with a ps4 controller. After switching to a ps3 one the issue went away.

I'll add to this as I was having the same issue when using my PS4 controller. I tried switching to my PS3 controller while the PS4 one was still plugged in but still had issue when holding down L2. After I unplugged my PS4 controller, I could aim correctly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 1:30 AM, da-Noob123 said:

I'll add to this as I was having the same issue when using my PS4 controller. I tried switching to my PS3 controller while the PS4 one was still plugged in but still had issue when holding down L2. After I unplugged my PS4 controller, I could aim correctly. 

I'll add to this even further. PS5 controller has the same issues as PS4 controller unfortunately