Does P4AU contain music from the original P4A?

Zenpai

It does have all the original tracks from the first one, as well as new tracks and some other tracks from the other games that weren't in the first Arena as well.

Cool, alright, then. A few months ago, I was thinking of getting just Arena Ultimax and skipping Arena since you can get the story from the original as DLC, but game music is pretty important to me and I wondered if by just getting Ultimax I'd be missing out on some great tunes. In that case, I'm good, I guess, thanks.

Edited by jrdemr

Cool, alright, then. A few months ago, I was thinking of getting just Arena Ultimax and skipping Arena since you can get the story from the original as DLC, but game music is pretty important to me and I wondered if by just getting Ultimax I'd be missing out on some great tunes. in that case, I'm good, I guess, thanks.

The only reason I would suggest even getting Arena is if you want the [very difficult] platinum. Otherwise, you're definitely not missing anything by just getting the DLC.

But in terms of the music, you're completely good to go!

• Like 1

The only reason I would suggest even getting Arena is if you want the [very difficult] platinum. Otherwise, you're definitely not missing anything by just getting the DLC.

But in terms of the music, you're completely good to go!

As I said on the old topic, not really a glutton for punishment, so I guess I'll pass. Again. :P

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to make you think twice again but I also like the extra goodies and holistic experiences of games
so I thought I would just mention some reasons I am very much happy having P4A for:

- the sound: as technology progresses sound usually becomes more complex/layered/3D whatever but sometimes older simpler sound sounds better/crisper,
well for me that is and definitely for 8bit music ^^
- they probably are the same voice actors (haven't checked) but some of the voices sound a little off or not as dramatic in P4U (during fights/quotes that is - haven't done any stories)
- in P4U's score attack the characters/moves are a lot cheaper IMO, I do need some more getting used to but I enjoy P4A's more
- P4A's Yosuke: in Ultimax he is quite different with the v slash move and can do some nice things with shadow frenzy but Arena Yosuke is so much fun!
- lastly the short songs on the main menu I do not think are in Ultimax, tend to listen to whole songs before getting on with the games cause I like it so,
especially 'your affection' and the drum and bassy one on the night time screen

not much to warrant getting P4A but I would suggest at least renting or something to test it out

sorry to make you think twice again but I also like the extra goodies and holistic experiences of games

so I thought I would just mention some reasons I am very much happy having P4A for:

- the sound: as technology progresses sound usually becomes more complex/layered/3D whatever but sometimes older simpler sound sounds better/crisper,

well for me that is and definitely for 8bit music ^^

- they probably are the same voice actors (haven't checked) but some of the voices sound a little off or not as dramatic in P4U (during fights/quotes that is - haven't done any stories)

- in P4U's score attack the characters/moves are a lot cheaper IMO, I do need some more getting used to but I enjoy P4A's more

- P4A's Yosuke: in Ultimax he is quite different with the v slash move and can do some nice things with shadow frenzy but Arena Yosuke is so much fun!

- lastly the short songs on the main menu I do not think are in Ultimax, tend to listen to whole songs before getting on with the games cause I like it so,

especially 'your affection' and the drum and bassy one on the night time screen

not much to warrant getting P4A but I would suggest at least renting or something to test it out

Thanks for the heads-up, but I think I'm good. Also, all those songs are from the main Persona games (which I have), so I wouldn't really be losing much. And I think you can get them as DLC for Ultimax anyway, so...