New Story Mode!

MiamiNights89

They've ruined the gameplay haha, at least with kung fury. 

For example when you beat up the white nazis, kung fury wouldn't move that much and you could beat up the robots with 4 hits in like half a second. 

Now there's an animation you have to watch. 

They've added new animations and it's killed the games flow entirely. 

I'm grateful for the free story mode and extra characters though, I just think they made a mistake with new animations for kung fury. 

Edited by FloatAlone
  • Like 1

I did 200xbonus with both Hackerman and Kung Fury but unfortunately I can't tell if it grants a trophy since I already got it before the patch (and it seems way easier to get that far in story mode). And I agree on flow thing and animations delay. It's kinda ruined and auto-correction is not what I'm fond of as well. Messes with precision.

YES! I was so hoping this would come to PS4, it's been on the mobile version as a free update for so long. I've only given it a short shot on there, but it looked pretty sweet. Gameplay added nothing really, but anything that adds more 80s cheese to itself for free is fine with me.

They've ruined the gameplay haha, at least with kung fury. 

For example when you beat up the white nazis, kung fury wouldn't move that much and you could beat up the robots with 4 hits in like half a second. 

Now there's an animation you have to watch. 

They've added new animations and it's killed the games flow entirely. 

I'm grateful for the free story mode and extra characters though, I just think they made a mistake with new animations for kung fury. 

After now getting a chance to play the game I see what you mean. They really fucked with how the general game plays. With Kung Fury most noticeably I also feel you can't go as fast, and the game will also push you past enemies in a lineup which ruins attempting to count hits on enemies and knowing where you are. The game also doesn't have enemies hit you nearly as fast so it basically just ends up being hitting left and right repeatedly until everything dies then you fuck up and miss. I don't like what they done with this update.  

Gave this a good go for half an hour or so.

Endless mode (as Kung Fury) is more or less unchanged but there was a couple of things I noticed, also it did feel a little different, maybe it was just me, he seemed to hit normally and do the normal speed and shit.

Story mode is amusing, but I'm on the level with the robot, which I assume to be the second last level since there's only one other playable character in Endless mode after the robot, though admittedly, with this game being so 80s themed, it could quite possibly have a secret character you could unlock, what with the theme of a time past, they might actually include something extra that doesn't cost you money as DLC, remember those days? 

Anyone figured out a good way to beat the robot's level? It fucking sucks for me, I only played it for 5 minutes or so before I ended up quitting, but I feel like I had it figured out pretty well and it sucked dick. Major dick. Anywho, free DLC is free DLC and that's fine by me. 

My main issue would be that animation delay allow some enemies hit you while you're trying to get to them through officers or robots. This and that now enemies can insta kill you with more than one heart taken at the time with something like a simultaneous attack.

Anyone figured out a good way to beat the robot's level? It fucking sucks for me, I only played it for 5 minutes or so before I ended up quitting, but I feel like I had it figured out pretty well and it sucked dick. Major dick. Anywho, free DLC is free DLC and that's fine by me.

Do you mean Hackerman by robot? There's Triceracop's part after it (quite easy if you ask me since it basically breaks every rule this game is teaching you with enemy patterns and stuff) and another Kung Fury's part as well. Got tired on that one making as far as final wave. It's not terribly difficult or something but playing through all of it in one sitting made me a little bored. I think it saves your current progress though so I'll try to finish it later for the sake of watching what it ends with.

upd:

That final bossfight is so freaking annoying on so many levels. I won't spoil you the picture but I'm seriously pissed with what they did there.

Edited by VegaMan-X4

After now getting a chance to play the game I see what you mean. They really fucked with how the general game plays. With Kung Fury most noticeably I also feel you can't go as fast, and the game will also push you past enemies in a lineup which ruins attempting to count hits on enemies and knowing where you are. The game also doesn't have enemies hit you nearly as fast so it basically just ends up being hitting left and right repeatedly until everything dies then you fuck up and miss. I don't like what they done with this update.  

Yeah I think they've ruined the game lol. 

I used to play it for fun.

Now they've taken the skill out of it for the most part.

It's harder with kung fury because like you said he skips past enemies sometimes and attacks someone who isn't the closest enemy to you. So it's made counting hits almost irrelevant. They've made it "harder" by breaking the game. GG.

It's very easy to get a 200x combo with someone else though, it went from 1.90 rarity to 2.03 almost overnight. 

If I could give back the free dlc and just have a the base game, I totally would.

Edited by FloatAlone

I have cleared every trophy but cannot for the life of me figure out how to complete Excuse me Miss. I don't know if the update changed this, but I am unable to get anywhere near 150 misses in a game, after the robots and red ninja's arrive one side ends up getting stacked up and I get one shot after a miss. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out how to beat the arcade machine boss thing, for the robot guy's level? I can't dodge his attacks, I can't counterattack his attacks, all I can do is stand there and take it like a bitch.

Update: Literally less than a minute after closing my laptop I figured out how to kill him. Every time I make a post, I figure it out for myself right after.

Anyway, if anyone else is stuck on him, when he charges you, just spam the attack button in his direction and you're set.

• 11 months later...