Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2016

Pyro

I'm not sure whether a post has already been done like this... so here goes

Top 10 films (in no particular order) I'm looking forward to this year are...

Deadpool

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Captain America Civil War

X-men: Apocalypse

Suicide Squad

Now You See Me 2

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them

Doctor Strange

The Conjuring 2

Independence day 2
  • Like 2

My top 10 most anticipated:

1) Batman v Superman (by a LONG shot)

2) Rogue One

3) Suicide Squad

4) Zoolander 2! (LOVE Zoolander)

5) Captain America: Civil War

6) The Jungle Book

7) Dr. Strange

8) Deadpool

9) X-men: Apocalypse

10) Assassin's Creed / Warcraft

Now, for number 10 I'm anticipating them more for what they could do than what they are. Never have been a fan of the Assassin's Creed series and while I'm a fan of Warcraft

I haven't played it since The Frozen Throne. These could either usher in a wave of Video Game movies, or it could doom them to forever be a genre that is notorious with failure.

We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

The only movie im excited about is the one I don't know I'm excited for.

I couldn't care less about a single movie mentioned so far here - as they all seem to be giant blockbuster, predicatable, safe, edited, dulled, all-edges-smoothed-out stuff that - if you are truly honest with yourself - you can probably predict the plots of before even seeing a trailer.

All i hope for is that there are some good movies that come out of nowhere and surprise me.

• Like 2

I hope Assassin's Creed does well. If it sucks it'll be a while before we see another film based on a game series. As for my most anticipated its gotta be Dr Strange. He's a marvel character I don't know a lot about so I'm looking forward to learning more. Plus Benedict Cumberbatch has always been amazing in what I've seen him in

I couldn't care less about a single movie mentioned so far here - as they all seem to be giant blockbuster, predicatable, safe, edited, dulled, all-edges-smoothed-out stuff that - if you are truly honest with yourself - you can probably predict the plots of before even seeing a trailer.

All i hope for is that there are some good movies that come out of nowhere and surprise me.

Yeah, those are great. Last year for me that was Kingsman and Ex Machina. The thing with this topic though is anticipated. We can only anticipate movies we know about, and in all likelihood that will usually include films that are on the more predictable side. Doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

Edited by Joku_9

Yeah, those are great. Last year for me that was Kingsman and Ex Machina. The thing with this topic though is anticipated. We can only anticipate movies we know about, and in all likelihood that will usually include films that are on the more predictable side. Doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

Ex_Machina was a great one - Whiplash came out of nowhere for me and floored me too.

I think what makes me sad is seeing how many people are listing like 10 versions of basically the same movie - im a comic book fan, and have been for a quarter of a century, but I'm so bored of comic book movies at this point - because they literally do all follow the same patterns - and to see so many people apparently interested in only those, just cements how out of touch my desire for someting non-mainstream is...

Ex_Machina was a great one - Whiplash came out of nowhere for me and floored me too.

I think what makes me sad is seeing how many people are listing like 10 versions of basically the same movie - im a comic book fan, and have been for a quarter of a century, but I'm so bored of comic book movies at this point - because they literally do all follow the same patterns - and to see so many people apparently interested in only those, just cements how out of touch my desire for someting non-mainstream is...

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I haven't seen Whiplash, but Creed would be another film I LOVED and didn't know what to expect out of it. Creed and Ex Machina are two of my favorite films of 2015. Honestly I think it's why Mad Max was received as it was. It's a great movie and I enjoy it but people act like it's the greatest thing ever, and I can see why when there is an over saturation of the same formula being rehashed over and over. It's one reason I'm anticipating BvS and SS over other comic book movies. I've always been a fan of the World's Finest, but with DC appearing to take a new approach on how these films are done it makes me hopeful. Really the only reason I'm anticipating Civil War is the Russo brothers and how much The Winter Soldier took me by surprise by how good it was. The Lobster is something I thought about putting on my list but I don't know enough about it yet to really anticipate it. The two non comic book movies I'm anticipating the most is a sequel (Zoolander) and a live action adaptation (Jungle Book), so I'm not that different, lol. However I plan to see many more films than just those because like you said you never know what may sneak up and blow us away. I just can't include those on an anticipation list when I don't know them to anticipate them, lol. That's just me though.

Edited by Joku_9
  • Like 1

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I haven't seen Whiplash, but Creed would be another film I LOVED and didn't know what to expect out of it. Creed and Ex Machina are two of my favorite films of 2015. Honestly I think it's why Mad Max was received as it was. It's a great movie and I enjoy it but people act like it's the greatest thing ever, and I can see why when there is an over saturation of the same formula being rehashed over and over. It's one reason I'm anticipating BvS and SS over other comic book movies. I've always been a fan of the World's Finest, but with DC appearing to take a new approach on how these films are done it makes me hopeful. Really the only reason I'm anticipating Civil War is the Russo brothers and how much The Winter Soldier took me by surprise by how good it was. The Lobster is something I thought about putting on my list but I don't know enough about it yet to really anticipate it. The two non comic book movies I'm anticipating the most is a sequel (Zoolander) and a live action adaptation (Jungle Book), so I'm not that different, lol. However I plan to see many more films than just those because like you said you never know what may sneak up and blow us away. I just can't include those on an anticipation list when I don't know them to anticipate them, lol. That's just me though.

Im in the UK so Creed only just came out here, looking forward to it tho.

One that took me totally off guard last year was Tusk - Kevin Smith's movie. Worth a watch, if only to be able to say "wow, he really went for it there!" It's not perfect, but it's pretty out there...

I won't likely see most of the movie listed here, but don't underestimate movies that you can go and turn your brain off for two hours for. I find when I do get around to watching one of these giant blockbusters (do movie queues even exist anymore, let alone cover city blocks?!), it's almost better than sleeping for sparking my writing. Seeing something that enthralls me in story means I won't be able to get back to my writing projects for days at the very least.