Gameplay Guide - taking forever!

I decided to take on the monumental task of creating the gameplay guide for Honour mode of this game. Man... this is a lot of work.

I've created sections for my "easy" team of builds, as well as full walkthrough of XP gains, sidequests and boss combat. What could I add to my guide to help you succeed in your Honour mode playthrough?

• Like 4

searching for something like this for quite some time now. most wiki's etc. don't even correctly reflect all the EE changes and whatnot.

to me it felt kind of difficult to get good information, especially with the new difficulty modes and trophies, for this game.

besides a good/easy team build (would you go lone wolf btw, like some sources suggest?) and a walkthrough, some other things come to my mind immediately: especially difficult sections or spots, areas with traps that could OHK you and perhaps some hints where one should do a cloud-save before ... ;)

I agree, most of the information found helped with some trophies, but never from just one site. I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

Exactly!

So far i used the following source for some basic info on the trophies/achievements: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=281586720

But i guess you know it already?! ;)

Anyways, a psnp guide would be greatly appreciated of course!

So good luck and thanks in advance.

I agree with multiple playthroughs. I am wrapping up Honour Mode after finding all of the "F you, game!" spots, losing many hours due to arrogance and lack of cloud saving...

Lack of cloud saving, as in, you simply forgot/couldn't be bothered to upload to the cloud at all times, or it didn't work for you? USB might be easier if you don't wish to rely on internet availability/servers.

Lack of cloud saving, as in, you simply forgot/couldn't be bothered to upload to the cloud at all times, or it didn't work for you? USB might be easier if you don't wish to rely on internet availability/servers.

It worked... but as I was playing 4 hours a night... I'd save before playing, and if anything happened inbetween that, I'd lose some time.

Sister of Mercy doesn't seem so bad to me.When Madora wants to speak, you just pick the meanest answer and that's it.  :lol: 

Until I stopped playing the game(real life sucks xD) I only followed a trophy guide found online and it's easier than other ppl say. Honour mode isn't that hard either if you play it backing up the only the save file you have. In the beginning of the game I had to restart a couple of times to get a better understanding of the classes though.

Sister of Mercy doesn't seem so bad to me.When Madora wants to speak, you just pick the meanest answer and that's it.  :lol: 

Until I stopped playing the game(real life sucks xD) I only followed a trophy guide found online and it's easier than other ppl say. Honour mode isn't that hard either if you play it backing up the only the save file you have. In the beginning of the game I had to restart a couple of times to get a better understanding of the classes though.

I think one of the reason people say it is a hard trophy is because you don't have to use Madora as one of your characters (I had one playthrough with Jahan/Bairdotr and another with Wolgraff/Bairdotr). Everyone else's quest you can just pick them up and do whenever, but with Madora you need to keep her in your party so that you can have those conversations with her at those key times.

Honour Mode was easier for me after I played through the game first and found a really easy composition.

I think one of the reason people say it is a hard trophy is because you don't have to use Madora as one of your characters (I had one playthrough with Jahan/Bairdotr and another with Wolgraff/Bairdotr). Everyone else's quest you can just pick them up and do whenever, but with Madora you need to keep her in your party so that you can have those conversations with her at those key times.

Honour Mode was easier for me after I played through the game first and found a really easy composition.

It's not that you have to use Madora, the reason people say it's a "hard" trophy, is because you have to follow dialogue steps to the T, and make sure you have the right amount of dialogue options done with her, not to mention you need to have Forgiving on top of that. Honestly, it's not that bad, not a lot of the trophies in this game are, just very time consuming. But I did have the fextralife guide open for that specific trophy, because it has all the dialogue steps you have to with Madora, and I assume your guide does at this point too. :P

Yeah. Honor mode isn't too hard, only thing I personally had to load my cloud save from PS+ was to get trophies, and stupid deaths that I deserved due to walking into traps without perception checking. But yeah, you are right that you need to have an idea of what's good and what's not in those type of games to make it a lot easier.

• 1 month later...

An update for everyone, I now have only 4 sections to go. I am around 45,000 words and get into as much detail as possible. My apologies for taking so long, but this guide will hopefully handhold a lot of folks to Platinum. 

Edited by Kallume
  • Like 1

An update for everyone, I now have only 4 sections to go. I am around 45,000 words and get into as much detail as possible. My apologies for taking so long, but this guide will hopefully handhold a lot of folks to Platinum. 

Thanks for taking the time to make such a detailed guide. Take as much time as you need to make it.

45,000 words...?! Hot damn lol. I was considering making a guide for this game a while before you started yours but I didn't bother. Still, I doubt mine would've had that much, holy shit. That's impressive.

Edited by Griffon234

45,000 words...?! Hot damn lol. I was considering making a guide for this game a while before you started yours but I didn't bother. Still, I doubt mine would've had that much, holy shit. That's impressive.

Pant, pant... Alright. I just hit the Publish Guide button... after doing a Ctrl-A of everything (so that includes website headers and menu items), I clocked out at ~51,000.

My hands are bleeding. I hope everyone likes it.

• Like 3

Pant, pant... Alright. I just hit the Publish Guide button... after doing a Ctrl-A of everything (so that includes website headers and menu items), I clocked out at ~51,000.

I may be blind, but where do I find this guide? :unsure:

I am excited for this. When I finish my co-op playthrough with my wife this summer, I will definitely hit up this guide. Thanks for the hard work!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for creating the guide to this, its brilliant, I've followed it step by step and have currently saved Icara. The trophy Headlines didn't unlock for me so I'm wondering if I've missed something? I exhausted all the dialogue like the guide suggests and I don't believe I have missed anything that the guide mentions, any help would be appreciated?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for creating the guide to this, its brilliant, I've followed it step by step and have currently saved Icara. The trophy Headlines didn't unlock for me so I'm wondering if I've missed something? I exhausted all the dialogue like the guide suggests and I don't believe I have missed anything that the guide mentions, any help would be appreciated?

Nevermind, I've got it