Can you do duo mode with 1 controller and the app?

ZachBoardyHD

I'm wondering if you can, can someone explain how to set it up bease when I try and do it and connect the app to my playstation 4, the bit where you choose which 'controller' is going to be set on either Jodie or Aiden, It only registers the app am not my actual controller whereas if I disconnect the app from the game it picks the controller back up again?

Have you read the guide?

Yes but since the guide got put up for the PS4, the app for the game did get updated to allow it to work for PS4 so I don't really understand your rethoircle question? It says on the guide you can use the app for the PS3 version for the duo trophy but not the ps4 yet. It got updated 2 weeks ago so you can. I don't know how to set it up to recognise both controller and app

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

Have you even bothered reading the threads before creating yours? Seems like a lazy job.

I don't no if it works on the ps4, but on the ps3 you can use your smartphone with the beyond two souls app.

Edit, from the guide :

2 CONTROLLERSOFFLINE CO‑OPMISSABLE

You'll have to complete the entire game while playing in Duo Mode setting to earn this trophy. Playing in Duo Mode requires a second controller or a controller + PS Vita as a second controller via remote play. There is also "Beyond Touch", a mobile application which can be used instead of the second controller but it's currently not recognized by the PlayStation 4 version of the game however that may be corrected in an upcoming update.

You don't have to find another partner to do this mode with, you can do it by yourself with 2 controllers because you usually will not play with both characters at the same time. Be careful not to switch your mode setting while playing the game because it will cause you to start a new fresh game for this trophy. You can switch to Duo mode by going to the main menu, then by choosing "Game Mode". Don't use chapter select to play in Duo mode, you have to start a new game in Duo mode and finish the game to get this trophy. Once you finish the game in Duo Mode, the trophy will unlock.

I don't think it was a rhetorical question...but ok. I think you've been watching too much politics on tv.

Why don't you PM somebody who has the plat on ps4. You could also be the test subject on the matter if nobody you contact has tried it that way.

I'm sorry if yu weren't it was just the way I read it then because I got he indication of snardyness wih your comment. I apologise if that weren't he case.

Have you even bothered reading the threads before creating yours? Seems like a lazy job.

The reason I didn't is because most time when you ask some hit specifically people tend to give their opinion on the maters of he game itself, not wih your question... I already knew that there was an update for it to recognise your PS4 system, but I asked for some reason even how for me it does recognise he app but when he app is connected it replaces my controller which when tying to select what device to which character I can only use the app and he controller seems to be non existence when choosing. Whereas when I disconnect the app from my phone it recognises my controller again

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I handled that.

After logged in with my psn account I entered in my ps4 with a "guest without any account" and started the game. The "guest" played as jodie with the controller and my psn account use the Android App Beyond Touch as Aiden. (The app demands you to have a psn account). Take notice when shut down the game and your ps4, because I closed the game and logged off the guest account and my controller losed also my account login link, and yet, the app that doesnt work without the game. I have to shut it down manually and stand nervous about doing this.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I logged in my PS4 with my main account and logged another account into the Beyond Touch app and worked perfectly.

Actually, I handled that.

After logged in with my psn account I entered in my ps4 with a "guest without any account" and started the game. The "guest" played as jodie with the controller and my psn account use the Android App Beyond Touch as Aiden. (The app demands you to have a psn account). Take notice when shut down the game and your ps4, because I closed the game and logged off the guest account and my controller losed also my account login link, and yet, the app that doesnt work without the game. I have to shut it down manually and stand nervous about doing this.

Thank you for you helpful comments guys, much appreciated :). I'm sure your detailed answer will be appreciated by others too trying to figure out this trophy. I got the plat a while back now but i had to figure it out on my own as my question wasn't getting answered. I didn't get told about having to change accounts for it to work as it's different in the PS3 version. All I got told 'did I read other guides' which all they mentioned it's compatible with the app or another controller nothing more.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

so how do I play in duo mode by just using two controllers

Login to a second account with the second controller, then start the game (there maybe a two player option the first time, can't remember!)  Whenever you want to continue login the second controller then start the game and select continue. It always started two player for me this way.  I actually used two separate secondary accounts by mistake and still got the trophy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aerosol_grey said:

Login to a second account with the second controller, then start the game (there maybe a two player option the first time, can't remember!)  Whenever you want to continue login the second controller then start the game and select continue. It always started two player for me this way.  I actually used two separate secondary accounts by mistake and still got the trophy.

shortly after asking, i found the DUO setting. I think this was brilliant that they put this in. You control main character with one controller and the entity with another, it's great nd adds a little more feel to the game.

I started a new game today with DUO so I can do one run-through. Paying close attention to ll the trophy roadmaps so I only need to ply a level 1 or 2 times. Should have this platinum'd in a week.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14.05.2020 at 2:50 PM, Montyzu said:

Is this still possible with 1 controller ?

The app is not available anymore so can I use PS Remote Play to act as the 2nd controller having my account as player1 and a guest account (remote play) as player2 ?

I can confirm it works with remote play app. You can assign your account with phone as player1 and your dualshock as player2. Two Souls trophy popped after I started a new game.

• 1 year later...

How do you "shake" the controller using remote play? I tried it, up until Chapter 3 and gave up.

Is it possible for me to switch player 1 (dualshock) and player 2 (remote play) mid chapter? As in I play as Jodie using dualshock in this chapter, then I exit, go to Mode, switch to Aiden (so Jodie is on remote play) and continue to the next Chapter? Some chapters are easier to use Jodie on dualshock, other is Aiden.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:36 AM, MustafaTR-07 said:

I can confirm it works with remote play app. You can assign your account with phone as player1 and your dualshock as player2. Two Souls trophy popped after I started a new game.

how did you do it? remote play is hard to use as controller.

• 3 weeks later...

I just played through duo to the end using controller and remote play via mobile phone and it didn't pop.  The conditions were met as far as I can tell.  Played on the PS5, set as duo and continued only as duo whenever I picked it up ... Not sure what's wrong there.  If anybody has any ideas?

• 9 months later...

How the hell did you guys manage to finish the game with 1 controller and the Remote on a smartphone? It's impossible to shake the smartphone to emulate the sixaxis of the dualshock. Namely in the part where you have to save Jimmy (although you have the option to let him die and progress anyway), or in the part at the hospice where Jodie is visiting her mother. There's a sequence where Aiden must possess a worker there, but you can only leave him if you shake the control to knock him on the wall, and there's no other way around as far as I can tell.

The Beyond Touch app doesn't work, so as far as I can tell, the only way to platinum this game is to have 2 controllers, and it might be possible with shareplay, although I'm not quite sure.