It is boring...

AlteredFormula

...I said it.

Its boring, so tediously boring and repetitive.

I managed to get as far as level 3 before I stopped punishing myself.*

"Oh, you can't say that about Suda51, He's a genius." I hear you cry. the only thing that makes the guy a genius is that he managed to get so many people to buy a game that's newest idea is about 15 years old.

The most praise I can give the game, is that its slightly bonkers in the typical Japanese appealing to a western market kind of way. Fortunately, I only rented the bastard, but as I only played 2 out of the 5 days I had it for, I still feel ripped off. Those of you that are thinking about buying it, I really would suggest that its a rental title at the most. Those of you that have mad skills will have it nailed in a couple of days...

But honestly if you want something like this, and you're a PS+ subscriber download the Warhammer game, same thing, different skin, less dick jokes.

*But yeah, I did get the "I swear I did it by mistake" trophy before removing it...

• Like 4

Yup, I totally agree with you.

The gameplay is pretty terrible, the humour...well, I didn't laugh once through the entire game, and the story is just shitty.

I'm glad I only got it through LoveFilm, I knew it was going to be terrible, but I thought I'd give it a shot since everyone says it's amazing :|

• Like 1

When i told the dear fellas on .com that it didn´t look like anything good and that it looked shitty, about the same time it got out I got hate comments up in my arse and was chased away by agnry users with pitchforks :|

Meaning i learned 1 thing. Don´t share your opinions on games. it makes you hated..

btw AF ... Comp will behead you when she read this thread ...

Edited by Malik
  • Like 2

When i told the dear fellas on .com that it didn´t look like anything good and that it looked shitty, about the same time it got out I got hate comments up in my arse and was chased away by agnry users with pitchforks :|

Meaning i learned 1 thing. Don´t share your opinions on games. it makes you hated..

btw AF ... Comp will behead you when she read this thread ...

Yeah, I hate AF.

(not really)

ps. I was hoping this would be fun.... looked interesting and different. Guess not :|

Edited by Pontus

:o Really??? I really enjoyed the game myself. I do agree some of it was repetitive, but to me it was overall fun. :( .... The humor in the game had me giggling quite a bit too. I'm sad to see you didn't like it :(

I wont knock you Comp, each to their own, and of course some people will love the game. I just dont understand why its so praised and there aren't more like me (until I posted the thread at least.) that think its worse than chicken pox on your unmentionables.

I loved the game for the first little bit but then it got way too repetitive when getting the platinum. i sent it right back to the store when i was done. i hated shadows of the damned soi shouldve known better... next game i wont get from them

I can't understand why some people get so uptight over another person's opinion of a video game. Not everybody is going to have the same taste. I appreciate another gamers view..... especially over a biased game reviewer.

Try to post your thoughts on games here more often than .org or even .com. I'll only troll you if it's absolutely necessary. :P

• Like 1

huh this is interesting im still planning on getting it once the price drops and it ends up in the 20$ bin at EBgames though since this is a game that i have wanted since release but i dont want to spend 60$ on something i will prbly play through once then trade in soon after

Edited by silver_pigy

...I said it.

Its boring, so tediously boring and repetitive.

I managed to get as far as level 3 before I stopped punishing myself.*

"Oh, you can't say that about Suda51, He's a genius." I hear you cry. the only thing that makes the guy a genius is that he managed to get so many people to buy a game that's newest idea is about 15 years old.

The most praise I can give the game, is that its slightly bonkers in the typical Japanese appealing to a western market kind of way. Fortunately, I only rented the bastard, but as I only played 2 out of the 5 days I had it for, I still feel ripped off. Those of you that are thinking about buying it, I really would suggest that its a rental title at the most. Those of you that have mad skills will have it nailed in a couple of days...

But honestly if you want something like this, and you're a PS+ subscriber download the Warhammer game, same thing, different skin, less dick jokes.

*But yeah, I did get the "I swear I did it by mistake" trophy before removing it...

That's funny you mentioned Warhammer. I loved Lollipop and hated Warhammer, so much so that I did a "this game sucks" thread for it. Polar opposites high five :highfive:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This game is not very fun. Too many annoying side games that are just dumb and repetative. Forced myself to get the platinum and see no reason to play it ever again. The only part I did like was Nick. Some of his dialogue was pretty funny.

• 2 weeks later...

The game's a throwback to older hit-em-up games. So yeah, repetition is going to occur, but that's kind of the point. I think the game was fun. The dirty humor fades out as the story goes on, with the school level being the only big offender if I recall. I would suggest people try it out. But it's not for everyone, and I wouldn't praise it as a mind-blowing game. Just silly fun that fills its purpose.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I really tried to like the game, but maybe its because of the three playthroughs required to finish the game (I guess you could do it in two, just easier in three) but really the gameplay is atrociously bad and repetitive, and if you're looking for a game with any seriousness don't expect any. Its cheeky fun humour is ok but not enough to warrant butchering myself.

This really is one of those games that you just have to hate or love and I love it.

Yeah its repetitive but its funny and campy enough to keep me entertained.

And the color palette and art style are just pure eye candy, not to mention Juliet herself (hachi machi)  :awesome:

Just gonna platinum a couple of unfinished games before starting on my copy as I don't want to ruin my stats on here D;

Edited by rsoto1125

This is like a year after my first post in this thread and I have purchased it and plat it. I prefer Shadows of the Damned over Lollipop Chainsaw, but I really enjoyed it. There are games out there that are way worse! Then again I have a weird taste. I'd rather play Lollipop Chainsaw or Duke Nukem: Forever instead of inFAMOUS any day.

At first I didn't like it aswell, but then I played it again after some time and totally loved it. I would even plat it again. The characters, the simple gameplay and the stupid humour are the things that made me love this game. Needless to say that I immediately bought No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned after getting the platinum in it. Suda51 is one of my favorite developers now and I'm pretty excited for Killer Is Dead tomorrow! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I finally got around to playing this awhile back, after being iffy on it for awhile. I had every reason to be. But I was bored.

This was seriously one of the dumbest games I'd ever played. Repetitive, dumb, incoherent garbage. Usually, I love hack n slash games,

but this one has too much anime and bibble babble dialogue in it that gets annoying real fast. I barely finished it.