Gold Chocobo NO-Racing Guide Confirmed Works on PS4!

ZygyK

I performed the "hard resets" by yanking the power cord out of the PS4.........I know I know, not so great for the PS4 unit, but it works!

Quitting the game itself (Hold The Home Button > Close Application) works you don't have to remove the power cord while the console is active, that'll just get you a dead database. 

This better be some bait or a joke because I can't fathom anyone being this mentally handicapped when handling a modern console.

Edited by Ramonachan
  • Like 4

This method isn't in the guide.  The way the guide explains how to get a Gold Chocobo without racing is by defeating Ruby Weapon and turning in the item to the Kalm Traveler.

And like Ramonachan has mentioned, please don't "yank" your power cord out of your PS4.  That has never been good for any console or electric device ever.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you do not like to breed any chocobo's, do as I did: with godmode enabled:

Beat Ultima weapon by spamming him with limit breaks -> this gives cloud his ultimate weapon

Then give cloud (and maybe some other party members too) 1 or 2 mastered HP PLUS materia (just make sure you have +8000HP and you do not equip more than 6 or 7 materia/member so his Aire Tam move can't kill you)

Spam Emerald with limit breaks (cloud, sid and barret all have pretty powerfull limits) - if you are short on time, get the Underwater materia by morphing a ghost ship (path to underwater reactor or encounter in the battle square) into the guide book and trading that one in for the underwater materia (man on the second floor in the most right house in Kalm Village).

When you beat Emerald: turn in the earth harp (man on the second floor in the most right house in Kalm Village) and receive a set of master materia (summon, magic and command!).

Then for Ruby: make sure you either have 10 or more remedies (cures all ailments = prize at battle square - this option not preferred, but it works) or have a ribbon equipped (armor that prevents ailments you get by completing the special battle in the battle square or by morphing a master tonberry - this is a better option) and having some dazers to stun Ruby could help as well. Once you are good with the ailments, get into a random battle against weak enemies, turn godmode off, let cloud kill the other two members in your party (this way ruby can't use his whirlsand move on cloud to remove him from battle). Then fly the highwind into ruby's face and once the battle starts, turn godmode back on, throw dazers at him, then spam KOTR-summon (from your master summon materia)-MP turbo combo on him, and mime this move as many times as you want (by using mime from your master command materia). I dealt 8000 damage per hit, times 13 because of the 13 knights -> 104.000 damage/summon. Ruby has 800.000HP, so 8 summons later, you beat ruby (having the W-summon makes it even easier, but it isn't necesarry). Turn in the desert rose (man on the second floor in the most right house in Kalm Village) and get a GOLDEN chocobo. Use that chocobo and go to the north-east corner of the world map to find the KOTR-summon materia (and the trophy!) without breeding 1 chocobo :D And all of this in less than 2 hours which you would otherwise have spend on breeding a golden chocobo.

Edited by second_god
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beat Ultima weapon by spamming him with limit breaks -> this gives cloud his ultimate weapon

Then give cloud (and maybe some other party members too) 1 or 2 mastered HP PLUS materia (just make sure you have +8000HP and you do not equip more than 6 or 7 materia/member so his Aire Tam move can't kill you)

Spam Emerald with limit breaks (cloud, sid and barret all have pretty powerfull limits) - if you are short on time, get the Underwater materia by morphing a ghost ship (path to underwater reactor or encounter in the battle square) into the guide book and trading that one in for the underwater materia (man on the second floor in the most right house in Kalm Village).

When you beat Emerald: turn in the earth harp (man on the second floor in the most right house in Kalm Village) and receive a set of master materia (summon, magic and command!).

Then for Ruby: make sure you either have 10 or more remedies (cures all ailments = prize at battle square - this option not preferred, but it works) or have a ribbon equipped (armor that prevents ailments you get by completing the special battle in the battle square or by morphing a master tonberry - this is a better option) and having some dazers to stun Ruby could help as well. Once you are good with the ailments, get into a random battle against weak enemies, turn godmode off, let cloud kill the other two members in your party (this way ruby can't use his whirlsand move on cloud to remove him from battle). Then fly the highwind into ruby's face and once the battle starts, turn godmode back on, throw dazers at him, then spam KOTR-summon (from your master summon materia)-MP turbo combo on him, and mime this move as many times as you want (by using mime from your master command materia). I dealt 8000 damage per hit, times 13 because of the 13 knights -> 104.000 damage/summon. Ruby has 800.000HP, so 8 summons later, you beat ruby (having the W-summon makes it even easier, but it isn't necesarry). Turn in the desert rose (man on the second floor in the most right house in Kalm Village) and get a GOLDEN chocobo. Use that chocobo and go to the north-east corner of the world map to find the KOTR-summon materia (and the trophy!) without breeding 1 chocobo :D And all of this in less than 2 hours which you would otherwise have spend on breeding a golden chocobo.

That is true, and thank you for posting this. The main advantage to the method I posted is that you can complete it as soon as you get the highwind where you control Tifa as your party leader and no cloud. In my screenshot (hard to see) it is Tifa riding the Chocobo. :)

This is great. Thanks!

To get to 8000+ HP is a long ride though, I think I am lvl 45 or so and I am still smth like 3,500HP with one HP plus materia equipped. Guess it's a matter of stuffing HP plus materia somehow.

Gonna try this, I really don't wanna breed chocobos in 2016, I already did my part 18 years ago.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...