MGS4 Trophy Patch Live Worldwide

Gotakibono

The MGS4 trophy patch is finally live. The fucking thing only took four years so I thought you'd all want to know!

Edit: It's a worldwide patch, contrary to reports it would only be released in Japan. So get your worldwide ass comfy for some gaming.

Edited by Gotakibono

It's "too little, too late" for Konami for me. I played the game when it first came out and I liked it a lot. After hearing so many rumours of a trophy patch I just gave up and got rid of it. Now that there is a trophy patch I can't bring myself to care about it at all. It's just another one of those "should have done it sooner" situations for me

It's "too little, too late" for Konami for me. I played the game when it first came out and I liked it a lot. After hearing so many rumours of a trophy patch I just gave up and got rid of it. Now that there is a trophy patch I can't bring myself to care about it at all. It's just another one of those "should have done it sooner" situations for me

I share your pessimism to some extent but sometimes you got to just say 'you know what, at least they did it.' For me, it's like that girl you were with during your teen years, the beautiful girl you have great memories of being with during much simpler times. She's the girl that for all good times just slipped out of your life until you meet her out one night a few years later with the promise of starting anew. She's as beautiful as you remember, but slightly older and wiser. You reconnect but as you turn around to give her her drink she's gone again. You meet her at the bar at various times over the next few years and just when you think 'this is it,' the bitch hops off and disappears without so much a hint of lipstick on your cheek.

Now, it's like the girl has suddenly just jumped on you when you least expect it. And confused, surprise sex is always the best... Wait, did I just turn the MGS4 trophy patch into a story with an underlining theme of rape? This is why I shouldn't start typing with the purpose of making a point.

• Like 4

I had given up hope for a trophy patch for this game, so this is a pleasant surprise. I've been in a PS3 funk lately, not wanting to start any of the new games just sitting there, but not wanting to play any of the older ones either. Replaying MGS4 is a good excuse to get back on the horse and fire up the ol' 3 Play SonyStation again.

Honestly, I'm more excited about the full installation. Hate having to sit through a glorified loading screen in between acts :|

I share your pessimism to some extent but sometimes you got to just say 'you know what, at least they did it.' For me, it's like that girl you were with during your teen years, the beautiful girl you have great memories of being with during much simpler times. She's the girl that for all good times just slipped out of your life until you meet her out one night a few years later with the promise of starting anew. She's as beautiful as you remember, but slightly older and wiser. You reconnect but as you turn around to give her her drink she's gone again. You meet her at the bar at various times over the next few years and just when you think 'this is it,' the bitch hops off and disappears without so much a hint of lipstick on your cheek.

Now, it's like the girl has suddenly just jumped on you when you least expect it. And confused, surprise sex is always the best... Wait, did I just turn the MGS4 trophy patch into a story with an underlining theme of rape? This is why I shouldn't start typing with the purpose of making a point.

Brilliant! I think you should start typing with the purpose of making a point more often :D

As for the patch, I have it installed already. As far as I'm concerned it's better late than never. Maybe this was the point you were trying to make earlier :hmm::P

I had given up hope for a trophy patch for this game, so this is a pleasant surprise. I've been in a PS3 funk lately, not wanting to start any of the new games just sitting there, but not wanting to play any of the older ones either. Replaying MGS4 is a good excuse to get back on the horse and fire up the ol' 3 Play SonyStation again.

Honestly, I'm more excited about the full installation. Hate having to sit through a glorified loading screen in between acts :|

It may have been a loading screen but I fucking adored it. Gave me a moment to reflect on what just happened and made me giddy with excitement about what's coming next. Plus, I enjoyed sharing a smoking break with Snake.

i think duck will be the first one cause he's a big fan of MGS

Your post is as mysterious as it is silly - please elaborate on this duck you speak of. The first one to what as well? Get an erection? Become famous? I'm so intrigued... =3

• Like 2

I asked him on facebook few days ago and he said that he makes the platinum trophy now. And he only synchronize his trophy when he get a platinum, maybe he has already done it but he didn't synchronize?!

Yeah, but the thing is I don't really give a shite, and I doubt anyone else does either. We're here to talk Metal Gear Solid 4.

What do you guys think of the patch and trophy list?

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 3

Yeah, but the thing is I don't really give a shite, and I doubt anyone else does either. We're here to talk Metal Gear Solid 4.

What do you guys think of the patch and trophy list?

I like the list because it's hardcore and trophy whores won't get this because it's easy, this will take real skill which I like.

I don't like the trophy emblems or the image that appears on your trophy list. I understand this is a retro patch but it seems a bit lazy but hey, let's not complain at least we go the patch. Also I thought we would have gotten more trophies for messing with guards etc.

Overall I'm just happy that it has trophies

• Like 1

I agree. I like it as well. Though I won't touch it for quite some time. I'm glad they implemented the trophies but obviously it was fantastic without them. Trophy images are ehh, but I'm not here to complain. I also wish there were more for messing with guards as well! :xD:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...