Iutycyr Tower Tips

RobertMeownyJR

This set up definitely seems to help. I am having a much easier time. Not getting lucky with my digging but I almost have all the necessary components. Just need some more copying items. Inventory management is becoming a pain but it is doable. I can confirm that after the Founder shows up, it has to get next to you and turn you into a goon, and then you have a few turns (though I do not know how many) to get to the elevator and escape or be sent back to the beginning of the tower. I am confident you don't lose your items but it has not been tested yet.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Late post, but it seems like you need to get a lot of items in a hurry with this set-up. Is it feasible to expect that you'll get all of this stuff?

It's not really a hurry. The dark knight is the key, get that within the first 5-6 floors or start over. The rest will work out afterwards. Just follow the general game plan which is explained in this thread.

• Like 1

So, massive shout out to the OP for the build. Also, a huge shout out to @de_digibeet. He had some ideas in an earlier post that I decided to take up in full, and even with my early blundering, I got this done in about 9 hours. I think had I understood the game's mechanics, I could have done it in about 6.

Anyway, my totally unnecessary thoughts:

1. Mortgage the farm to get the 5 dress spheres mentioned in the build. Any order is good, but if you are using Dressmaker Folios (as I did), I would recommend this order: Dark Knight, White Mage, other three. The Dark Knight's Black Sky will clear any room in the first 20 floors in a single turn, and the white mage's Curaga will ensure that this is done for the low, low cost of 5 MP. The other 3 regenerate MP, which is absolutely necessary, but you should see a lot of ethers early on. I personally did this through Dressmaker Folios, which seemed to be quite common. 
  2. Confuseproof and Doomproof are absolutely necessary to finish the tower and beat the Tonberries (Tonberrys?). However, I never used them anywhere else. I know that some enemies confuse you or put doom on you, but with Black Sky, they never got close enough to do anything. I put Doomproof on because I got it first, and only just noticed that I had never changed it at the 61st floor. 
  3. However, the Stealth accessory (protecting you from traps) is vital. I recommend getting the three dress spheres for that after setting up your room clearing powerhouse. This is annoying, because that's already 9 different dress spheres you need, which is a lot of inventory space. But traps can just ruin you on some floors (boo trap followed by pit trap? what a bunch of crap).
  4. Outside of making the steath accessory, the thief dress sphere is useless. In particular, the triple tiara is a total waste of space and accessory slots. You can still miss attacks when you have it, and the sum total of physical damage from 3 attacks doesn't add up to the damage from one Black Sky with a level 99 Dark Knight dress sphere.
  5. The Trainer dress sphere's dig ability is useful, but it is annoying. I would recommend using it until you get a Dark Knight to level 25. I stopped here (having no luck with finding Copy Folios), and that was good enough to put me to the 61st floor. After the two copying techniques there, I was at lvl 99, which broke the game.
  6. I had a lot of good luck with Find Secret Rooms Folios. In fact, I was selling them at the item shop after a while. However, if you're digging with the Trainer dog, you'll likely find them. remember that the notebook (a fairly common find) can copy Find Secret Rooms, but cannot copy Copy Technique.
  7. I think you can get to the secret tonberry room by level 41. No one mentions this, but here's my hypothesis: from floors 1-20, you can find the secret room with stones in a circle. Further, I think this is the only room you can find here. From floors 21-40, you can find the room with stones in a cross. Again, I think this is the only room you can find here. Finally, from floors 41-60, you can find the room with stones in a triangle, and I am about 99.5% sure this is the only room you can find here (I know because I experimented here). Once you find the room and appropriately open the door, it stays open forever, so open the circle room some time between floors 1 and 20, the cross room between rooms 21-40 and the triangle room at 41. if this works (and I might even test it some day), this saves you the trouble of keeping around the otherwise-useless save folios, since you can just do this at floor 6, 21 and 41, and utilize the auto save. Further, this gives you access to a level 99 Dark Knight, and you flat out need nothing else to whip the game at this point.
  8. Finally, thanks to @Hemiak for pointing out that you can read folios off the floor. It saves so much time when you find, say, a dressmaker folio with a full inventory. I actually got pretty fast with fusions, simply by dropping dress fusion folios, reading them off the ground, and picking them up once a space opened after fusion.

One last thing: what computer genius thought it was a good idea not to allow fusion of equipped dress spheres?
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, massive shout out to the OP for the build. Also, a huge shout out to @de_digibeet. He had some ideas in an earlier post that I decided to take up in full, and even with my early blundering, I got this done in about 9 hours. I think had I understood the game's mechanics, I could have done it in about 6.

Congratulations :D.

• 3 weeks later...

So, i didn't play with the Mascot, Black Mage, or Gun Mage hardly at all.  I suppose I went more 'survivability' than anything making this game silly easy to the point I didn't look at my HP bar hardly at all.

Used Rikku (To Start Stealing From the Founder on Floor 1)

Gunner (Primary)
Thief (Secondary)
Samurai (Secondary)
Dark Knight (Secondary)
Trainer (Secondary)

[Looking back I should have gone Dark Knight or Trainer as Primary (For the Damage) But oh well]

This set up gives Confuseproof / Doomproof / Detect All Traps

Triple Tiara Accessory (3 Regular Attacks)
Soldier's Bandana Accessory (1/2 Damage From All Attacks)

Rolled through the entire game... stopped stealing from the Founder around Floor 30.

• 7 months later...

I thought the samething too. Read as much as you can about this then give it a try. I didn't acquire all the minimum items (dress spheres and accessories) until late F20's. I got triple tiara on F44. I find stealing very stressful. I'm at the point where I feel very comfortable and can breeze through everything. I just need the secret room folios to continue on. It was quite the struggle and things get hard past F10. It's kinda fun now that I'm OP. It has steep learning curve in my opinion but easy once you understand what your doing and that's the catch.

Edited by SirWaWa

After about an hour of dig farming I got Secret Room folio (2) and used a notebook to copy it and got more than the 3 required.

Got the Tonberry Treasure trophy. Finished the tower. Done with Last Mission.

I had just enough MP to beat the last boss.

50 Yuna

50 Dark Knight

6 Gun Mage

4 Mascot

2 White Mage

2 Black Mage

Triple Tiara

Rune Sanity/Longevity Charm

Careful when combining dress spheres. I had a level 50 DK and a used copy technique on it and tried to fuse them together and it wouldn't let me. Max dress sphere level is 99. It looks like if the sum exceeds 99 it won't let you fuse them. So 49 is the highest you can fuse if use the copy to get 98. I read alot about this game and no one mentioned this. I had to drop my 50 DK on the ground. A re-load wasn't an option because I had just found the Secret Room Folio's and didn't save yet.

Edited by SirWaWa

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this, it helped a lot. At first, I was about to give up because I had to restart several times without ever having luck. When I suddenly got lucky and got some good items right at the start, the tower became a breeze. I still have to get the Tonberry treasure and get to floor 80, but everything went smoothly thanks to this :highfive:

• 4 months later...

Thanks!  Just finished this after following the advice here and I feel like I can contribute a bit to clarify a few things.  I wanted to just jump into this mode and experience things myself, but there was a lot I was unprepared for.  Hope everything below helps those looking to start climbing this tower.

Character: Yuna - Gunner

Accessory Farm (Lvls 1-10):

1. Psychic + Thief + Songstress = Stealth Cloak | Throw out Psychic, Songstress, and Thief dress spheres when done.

2. Gunner + Dark Knight = Confuseproof Accessory |  Throw out Gunner dress sphere when done.

3. Dark Knight + Samurai + Trainer = Doomproof Accessory | Throw out Samurai dress sphere when done.

*Prioritize the stealth cloak to avoid any curse tiles while farming the early levels.

** The guide suggests getting the tiara from Trema on floor 44, but this is not necessary at all.  

Item Farm (Lvls 1-10):

1. Restart Guides | Use at level 10 when you need to reset the dungeon.  You will keep character levels, dress sphere levels, and any items or gil acquired during your run.

2. Dark Knight Dress Spheres |  Farm up enough DK dress spheres to get your primary DK dress sphere to level 11.

3. Copy Techniques | Farm 2~3 of these by using the Trainer on each floor.  You also get 2 free ones if you are doing the Tonberry treasure trophy later on.

4. Save Memos | Nice to have in case you need to leave for anything.  Your life will be easier later on if you decide to go for the Tonberry trophy as well.  Keep 2~4 at all times.

5. Secret Room Folio | Another item that can be found by the trainer.  You won't need these until floor 61, but if you can get them early you won't have to worry about them later.

6. Goon Folio | For floor 70 you need to be a goon to unlock the elevator to progress.  Having one will alleviate any stress with having to deal with Trema.

7. Notebooks | Can be found on the ground but are handy to have.  Can be used to copy the Secret Room Folios.

Once you've farmed 2~3 copy techniques use them on your DK dress sphere to level it up from 11 -> 22 -> 44 -> 88.  A level 88 DK will carry you through the dungeon to level 61 easily and you get two more copy technique folios going for the Tonberry treasure.

Climbing Build (Lvls 1-80):

1. Dark Knight (Primary) Lvl. 88

2. Gun Mage (Passive) Lvl. 7

3. White Mage (Passive) Lvl. 2

4. Black Mage (Passive) Lvl. 2

5. Mascot (Passive) Lvl. 2

As you progress through the dungeon there will be levels with gates/locks on the elevator.  I didn't know how to unlock them and lost my level 99 DK and GM at level 15.  There is no in-game indication of what to do so I'll just leave this here but you will notice that if you do certain things the locks will open.

Levels with Conditions:

Level 5:  Defeat three enemies

Level 10: Defeat ten enemies

Level 15: Drop (Not throw) two items and defeat five enemies

Level 25: Drop two items and defeat eight enemies

Level 30: Drink two of the same potion (Ex. Two ethers) and defeat eight enemies

Level 35: Drop three items, defeat eight enemies, and attack the air three times

Level 45: Defeat eight enemies, attack the air five times, and read two books

Level 50: Defeat ten enemies and stand still for five turns (For PS4 players you can pass time by holding :circle: and pressing the touch pad)

Level 55: Defeat eight enemies, attack the air three times, read two books, and stand in place for five turns

Level 65: Let The Founder spawn

Level 70: Use the Goon folio

Level 75: Drop three items, throw three items, defeat eight enemies, attack air five times, and stand still for five turns

Level 77: Pass time until The Founder appears.  Allow him to turn you into a goon and then allow him to teleport you.  This brings you to the final boss.

Q&A:

Q: When using the Trainer dress sphere do I need to dig a different square if nothing could be found?

A:  No, you can dig the same tile until you find something.

Q: How often should I save?

A: After you are done farming I suggest saving right away so that you don't lose any progress.  Personally, I saved after every 10th floor since you can find save memos on the floor fairly easily.

Q: The Founder has spawned.  Should I be worried?

A: Yes and no.  If you are near an elevator that is not locked you can run to it and use it.  If he catches you he will turn you into a Leblanc goon the first time and teleport you out of the tower the second time.  If he teleports you out YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING that isn't stored outside of the tower.

Q: I can't use DK's Black Sky ability and my DK has full HP.  Why can't I use it?

A: Using HP in this mode actually draws from Yuna's own HP pool.  You can heal Yuna by selecting Curaga and going to the third tab.  Her HP increases as her character level increases.

• 4 months later...

I finally got the Plat for FFX-2. I used the strategies mentioned in the first post, however I found that there was a lot of luck involved. For me, it took about 5 hours of restarting to get the right dresspheres and items needed to actually reach the top of the tower. Last Mission took about 12 hours for me in total from start to finish. I think you would need to get very lucky with item drops for it to be possible in under 10 hours.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd check this thread after the nightmare that was the 'Monster Master' trophy and it feels like I've just climbed a hill to find a mountain on the other side. 

...Maybe I'll try finishing it in another 5 years lol.

(Does anyone know, no save data carries over from the main game right? Thinking I might bail out for now and pick this back up on PS5, which sadly doesn't seem to allow PS4 saves to transfer)

Worked like a charm. I went the extra mile and actually leveled all the dresspheres to 99 before going past floor 10. I was able to even kill all the mega tonberries with just Black Sky. Really had to spend a few days farming for some copy techniques

• 3 months later...

Trying to read through all the advices around, but after the first few hours, this is gonna be horrible regardless.

PS. I've managed to reach floor 40 and defeat the boss with ease using the Doom everything approach, only to read that the final boss is immune to Doom, so assuming I manage to go all the way to floor 80, it will be worthless without investing time to make a proper build anyway.

Edited by Brightblade76