Transformers PS3 multiplayer game with melee weapons?

Gscorpio14

Hi everyone I am trying to figure out which of the Transformers PS3 games let you wield melee weapons (swords axes hammers etc) in the game and online multiplayer? I know there is Transformers Devastation which is awesome but it doesn't have online multiplayer. Are there any others?

There are a few Transformers games on PS3. The best ones are Transformers: War for Cybertron and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. 

There is also Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers: The Game (Released in '07), Dark of the Moon, and Rise of the Dark Spark. The only ones I know for sure have multiplayer are the War and Fall of Cybertron games, I'm not sure if they are still active though. 

Parker

• Like 1

The only two TF games that don't feature multiplayer are TF The Game (based on the 1st movie) and Devastation.  All the others do, and by far the best ones are War For Cybertron and Fall Of Cybertron.  They may be pretty quiet online nowadays, but if you can find matches, they can be great fun.  All characters have a melee weapon of some kind, usually blades or axes or some sort.  I have many fond memories of playing the Conquest and Escalation modes with friends.

Rise Of The Dark Spark also has a surprisingly decent Escalation mode, although it lacks any kind of competitive multiplayer.  Again, you can use bladed melee weapons here as well.

Thanks for the information guys. I found a video

Is combat like this in the online play of any Transformers games? I can only find videos of the online melee to be a one hit type of thing. Do you know what button activates the melee attack? Sorry for more questions I'm just hoping to find a game similar to Space Marine.

War for Cybertron was the best TF game. It had both co-op AND competitive campaign where up to three people could play. Unfortunately it had no split screen for couch co-op as the only way to do co-op was online. That being said, the MP has an average of 100 people or less and the only game mode you'll most likely get to play is TDM since all the objective modes are dead. Also, MOST people that still play that game glitch the hell outta it. In other words, you'll encounter hackers/cheaters if you play it.

Fall of Cybertron (a sequel to WfC) removed co-op campaign all together and was overall a lesser game. Ask any veteran of the two, they'll prefer WfC. Ask any casual player, it'll probably be the other way around, but both games are pretty dead in the MP department. Shame because WfC, in its hay day, was phenomenal.