• Racing
    • NCAA Football (Men's and Women's)
    • NCAA Basketball (Men's and Women's)
    • Soccer
    • Other

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Football (or as Americans call it, soccer). 

I have watched football my whole life, as far back as i remember, and have played Fifa since the days i used to play Fifa '97 on my pc :D Actually, i've played every single Fifa since '97. My favorite gaming series of all time (close call between Fifa and GTA, but i just enjoy playing Fifa, it's a game i can play no matter what mood im in). 

My team is Manchester United, and boy, it's been a rough 8+ years lately. But it seems like things are changing in our club, finally <3 

• Like 2

Basketball… 

I’m British but my first memory of any major sporting event is watching the ‘92 “Dream Team” at the Olympics, a few years later that lead me to the OG NBA Jam and I’ve loved the NBA ever since.

As a SuperSonics fan, I moved to Seattle (from the U.K.) for a year just to be in attendance for their final season. I also saw Kobe’s last game at Staples and two “Linsanity” games (amongst roughly 40-50 games I’ve been to at MSG).

Nothing compares to the NBA…

Baseball. Grew up around my grandmother who was a huge Baltimore Orioles fan. I remember hearing the 1983 world series on the radio in the car. In the summer time she always had them on tv when available. Even though I really don't watch much anymore it is still my favorite sport. 

• 1 month later...

It’s football (the real football, not the one played with your hands)

For me, basketball it cant be. Any game that can end with both teams on 100+ points when one scoring shot nets you 2 points, demonstrates straight off the bat that there is no value in scoring or no jeopardy in conceding. Which in turn makes it incredibly dull to watch. Its just watching two teams take turns to score whilst waiting for the end of the match. Major yawn fest.

baseball I don’t  really get. I’ve even been to the sky dome to watch yankees vs blue jays. Didn’t have a clue what was happeneing (which wasn’t much, just watching 30 odd fat dudes sitting on a bench mostly). Most of the fans seemed more interested in the food than what was happening on the diamond. And I don’t blame them.

rugby stops far too much, ball is hardly ever in play. And American football takes that to a whole new level. Feels like you are literally getting 7 seconds of action every 5 mins...mind numbingly dull

thnks that’s enough for now, I’ve suitibly offended the fans of the sports above for time being lol

hockey I really enjoyed live and wanted to get into it and gave it lots of chances. But it’s impossible to watch on tv, just never any idea where the puck is....so yeah. It’s hands down football. Nothing even comes close. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My favorite sport is Table Tennis. And is one of the most interesting and fascinating game for me.

As it is one the best hand eye coordinated game and requires not only your physical presence but also your mental presence all the time. It is fast and you need to be quick to response every moment in the game.

Also you need to be fully concentrated during every stroke as the ball needs to be beneath the table in your every time.

Over the time as you becomes more and more grown up in this sport, this sport becomes more challenging as now one need to play his/her shots on the basis of hand movements of opponent (though you still can see the ball ?). In this whole process on needs to be mentally active all the time.

Cheers. ?

• 6 months later...

My love of pro baseball comes from my grandparents, who were New York Mets fans from when the team was born in 1962 until the end of their lives.

Fun Fact: My great-grandfather (whom I'm named after) lived within walking distance of the Polo Grounds for much of his life after he came to America (home of the Giants baseball team before they moved to San Francisco). The Mets played there while waiting for Shea Stadium to be built for them, their home long before Citi Field. So my grandmother ensured my grandfather was a Mets fan before marrying him!

Boxing personally, I remember waking up early in the morning several times in the 80s to watch Mike Tyson fights with my dad, as a kid some of my best memories growing up. I still watch fights when I can.