Outlast 2 (Releases 4-25-2017)

snakebit10

Teaser trailer. Surprised I can't find anything on Psnp about it.

http://www.redbarrelsgames.com/

https://twitter.com/TheRedBarrels?ref_src=twsrc^tfw (Release in link)

I am kind of excited for it. I did enjoy the first game but it was a little on the short side. I do hope with the succes of the first game it will allow them to make a little longer game and maybe have enough content that it may get a platinum trophy.

Here is some gameplay footage from Pax East.

Any thoughts On what you would like to see post below.

Edited by snakebit10
Put release date in title.
  • Like 3

I'm pretty excited for it. Hopefully they won't butcher it. The isolation feeling and being totally defenseless made this a lot of fun. In some aspects I felt the same sort of isolation feeling I felt in Dead Space 1. Of course in this case you just can't fight back. Thanks for sharing the teaser trailer. 

Edit: It would be nice if they can make the sequel longer than the first game. 

Edited by PipeSwinger
  • Like 1

It's been almost a year since I finished the DLC, I re downloaded the game last night and am thinking about doing collectible runs in both games and maybe attempt insane mode. Not sure if I am ready for it or not.

That way I can get myself ready for when 2 does drop later this year.

Edited by snakebit10

It's been almost a year since I finished the DLC, I re downloaded the game last night and am thinking about doing collectible runs in both games and maybe attempt insane mode. Not sure if I am ready for it or not.

I've been thinking about doing that as well. Insane mode will definitely take some practice before getting it right, but if you know what you're doing you can beat the game in around an hour. I'll definitely try and go back and get all the trophies for the base game and DLC before 2 comes out. 

I've been thinking about doing that as well. Insane mode will definitely take some practice before getting it right, but if you know what you're doing you can beat the game in around an hour. I'll definitely try and go back and get all the trophies for the base game and DLC before 2 comes out. 

If you are going for the Insane playthrough I recommend cheking out some videos for glitches and exploits. There's a very useful glitch to skipt the doctor's part completely and making the game even shorter.  I was able to complete the game in 42 minutes on my insane run a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

If you are going for the Insane playthrough I recommend cheking out some videos for glitches and exploits. There's a very useful glitch to skipt the doctor's part completely and making the game even shorter.  I was able to complete the game in 42 minutes on my insane run a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the info! :D

• 3 months later...

I haven't played outlast ,but i have watched a ton of playtroughs of it . It's seems extremely intense and i'm afraid my heart couldn't handle it lol . I'm now playing DS3 and when going for bosses my heart is going CRAZY, so i don't really know how i would hande outlast ,but maybe it would be fun.

• 10 months later...

Since the physical version of Outlast 2 includes the first game and the DLC, I wonder if it will get a platinum now, either one plat for both or one for each game. It would be kind of ridiculous if neither one had a platinum considering My Name Is Mayo exists (AKA the new low for platinum standards).

I'd buy the physical copy (even though I have the first game & DLC) if it had a plat this time around, and didn't have any ridiculous trophies like on Xbone.

Have yet to actually finish it though.. It's creepy but I feel I'll need a guide and to dedicate a few days to complete it.