Obligatory trophy thoughts thread

ShadowStar83x

I think the photography trophy is going to be the hardest for me. There's a lot of missable photos in the game and I doubt we'll be able to replay chapters or come back to boss fights in this version. I'll have to do them as I go along and I'm definitely going to need a checklist.

Looks pretty straightforward to me.  As for the whole "missable photos" issue, my recollection from having played this years ago on the PS2 is that there aren't very many of them in the first place -- maybe one per boss fight and one potential missable in one of the Georamas?

Some grinding will be required, but I don't think it's much worse than that.  They could have asked for something obscene, like successfully completing a round of Spheda in every single level.

Looks pretty straightforward to me.  As for the whole "missable photos" issue, my recollection from having played this years ago on the PS2 is that there aren't very many of them in the first place -- maybe one per boss fight and one potential missable in one of the Georamas?

Some grinding will be required, but I don't think it's much worse than that.  They could have asked for something obscene, like successfully completing a round of Spheda in every single level.

Medalhead

Earn all medals in every chapter.

and as much as i can remember every floor has 1 medal for clearing spheda game.  .... so you have to beat every single spheda challange.

Oh man, I can't wait! The platinum image looks so pretty!

Hopefully none of these are missable, I never played this one even though the first is my all time favorite game ever ever.

Does anyone know if any of these are missable? Or is it all just grindy?

yes there are missables .  Some photos are missable (and you need almost all to invent everything) .

If i remember correctly you cannot go back in chapter 7 areas , so getting the medals there as long as you are there.

Kinda wish the number of trophies was bigger, since i'm more into expanding my number of trophies rather than actually platinuming every game. But i really loved this game on ps2, so i'm happy with the 31 we get. :)

Edited by Ryumoau

Medalhead will be a huge pain in the ass. You can't return to Sirus's castle and there are some painfully difficult medals out there... Kill all enemies only using items, badges, etc. Not to mention the speed runs for each floor, though I guess a well-upgraded ridepod can help you there.

Fishy Frenzy, photos, etc. will be time consuming... But not hard with a guide.

• Like 2

I am very happy with this list.  I think that Dark Cloud 1 list was too easy.  There is some good challenge in here, and i look forward to getting it.  My only complaint is the missable trophies.  I would prefer to play through at my own pace, but I would hate to miss something along the way.

If i remember the time trials in the underground channel (Chapter 1) and the item only challenges for the stages were somewhat tricky, but other than that this game is perfect ! I'm so glad that they ported it to PS4 after seeing 1 get ported. Now after this a Dark Cloud 3 hopefully hmmm ....  :huh:

As the first person to get the platinum trophy, all I can say is that max monster transformation and all 396 medals are the only grindy trophies. Also, beware the prima strategy guide, I own it and it lacks details that I could only find b yoking through random guides online. Overall a fun game, 83hrs 13mins on my file, but I shall keep playing it for the fishing :)

Medalhead

Earn all medals in every chapter.

and as much as i can remember every floor has 1 medal for clearing spheda game.  .... so you have to beat every single spheda challange.

Not all of the floors have Spheda trophies, others have fishing trophies which require you to pull a fish of a certain size, which can be a pain unless you are invested in the fishing. I never did fishing or Spheda much but yeah, the medalhead trophy is probably going to be the most hated trophy as the Spheda medals everywhere but Moon Flower Palace are a bitch to get. :(

• 1 month later...

Think I'm done with the game. 109 hours. Some of that was the game chilling by itself. Still didn't get the platinum missing fishing frenzy medal head and leveling monster to max level. Cannot go through the torture of medal head. Got 134 medals about a 40% of that is sphenda. and feeding the fish is just to boring. Time to move on....Got to finish off fallout 4 and destiny...

Was fun for awhile still debating if i prefer it over Dark Cloud 1...it's been awhile only thing i remember is loving the fishing!!!

Good luck to all 

Edited by majicman067

• 1 month later...

I love this trophy list! And whilst I only bought this game to fulfill my nostalgia, it will be a really challenging one to complete. Just for the pure sake of the photos, as I don't really want to follow a guide on my first playthrough and it's a relatively long game to play through again for a few trophies

I love this trophy list! And whilst I only bought this game to fulfill my nostalgia, it will be a really challenging one to complete. Just for the pure sake of the photos, as I don't really want to follow a guide on my first playthrough and it's a relatively long game to play through again for a few trophies

Just an fyi, you don't have to follow a guide, you can just use a checklist.  So that you know which ones are missable, and make sure you get them before moving on.  Almost every boss fight has a photo you need, and they are all missable (most of the missables in the game) so also keep that in mind.