Do you ever regret spending a lot of time playing games

y6ner

hey everybody this is my first post i was mostly nervous on what to post since im not good at thinking stuff so i went simple on asking

So have you guys ever felt regret or regret spending a lot of time playing games?

for me mmmmmmmmmmm nah lol i had alot of fun playing n bonding with other people with games sometimes i just people play games or join them i love video games and people might say it kills your social life oh well lol but no never regret playing games even if im busy i still find time to play its not that i don't want to grow up it just became a part of me my whole life

• Like 3

No regrets here. I usually find time to do absolutely everything I want to do and still keep pushing what's important for me academically/professionally, and I get a decent to hefty amount of gaming hours. Time management is the best skill my brain will ever have xD

• Like 1

The only game I regret spending a lot of time on is Runescape, which is an MMORPG. I have over 21,000 hours logged into that now and I barely play it anymore, aside from checking out new updates here and there.

For the most part I did enjoy playing, but the problem with spending all your time on one game is that when you lose interest in it, you either feel like it was a waste of time or force yourself to continue playing in an attempt to convince yourself it wasn't. For the last few years I did the latter until trophy hunting finally weaned me off it.

Then there's the game's developers making all the achievements I earned during those hours trivial by introducing overpowered training methods and pay-to-win. For example, I spent several months playing all day every day to reach the experience cap in the Defence skill, but thanks to updates, that can now be done in a two weeks of completely AFK training - one week if you buy bonus experience. So I can't even say I achieved anything worthwhile on it anymore.

Now that I'm having so much more fun trophy hunting, it feels like even more of a waste of time. If I had just gotten a PS3 when it was released instead of continuing to play Runescape, I could've experienced hundreds of other games and actually had something to show for it by the end :(

• Like 2

The only game I regret spending a lot of time on is Runescape, which is an MMORPG. I have over 21,000 hours logged into that now and I barely play it anymore, aside from checking out new updates here and there.

For the most part I did enjoy playing, but the problem with spending all your time on one game is that when you lose interest in it, you either feel like it was a waste of time or force yourself to continue playing in an attempt to convince yourself it wasn't. For the last few years I did the latter until trophy hunting finally weaned me off it.

TBH, if you get that many hours out of a single game, it just means it's been a damn good game to you (I say this since I tried Runescape years ago when it was just new and hated it lol), not a lot of games that offer that many hours of gameplay really, a lot don't even break 50-100 hours these days.  Shouldn't be looked at as a waste of time if you enjoyed the time you had in-game.  I've spent nearly 2500 hours on FFXIV, I don't think I will regret it even when I do quit (will likely only quit when SE stop making updates).  It will eventually die off like FFXI did, but then a new one will be in its place.

Edited by DEMON

Nope, not at all. I have never changed my plans in order to play games. 
24 hours in a day is enough for everything. I regularly train, socialize and play games.
If it's your free time activity don't feel sad at all, if you don't do anything beside gaming and feel bad about it, simply play less and go out :)

There have been times in the past when I've played for 5 Hours straight and did feel like it was bad to play that much at once. However these days I don't really care as long as I know I have that time available to play Games. I think it's all about Balance as others have mentioned here. Also playing Games helps me to relax and makes me feel happy. It's something that I always want to do for as long as I live. I don't think I'll ever get bored with it and give up. Finally, If something makes you feel happy and other positive feelings and emotions then I'd say it's good for you to do. As long as you have that Balance. It's your life and whatever you like to do and whatever makes you feel happy is a good use of your time and productive in my opinion.

Totally agree with you. Although when i look back i have to admit i had a great time with it. But Jagex just ruined the game by turning it into easyscape.

Which is why osrs is more popular nowadays.

Reapect on reaching 200m def exp though. I was glad with 99 :P

Edited by Zone Hunter

I regret the amount of games I play everyday.  Sometimes I just look out my window and think I could be out there helping out at an animal shelter or building homes for people.  But then when I think about popping my next trophy or platinum any thoughts of helping out for the greater good completely flies out the window.  But seriously no I mean what else would I do go outside.  It's either too cold or too hot and all my friends play games as well so we already socialize enough.

• Like 2