Great game, easy plat

For anyone wondering, it's a very easy platinum as long as you grind during Kharg final chapter. Overall, I would recommend it. It took me around 46 hours to plat and it was so much fun. Graphics look good, and story is enjoyable. These ps2 games are really great and worth the money in my opinion. I'll play the others soon.

• Like 1

i consider it easy to grind trophies if they arnt bugged or MP.... Trophies that require you to die 4000 times for one luck based play through to make it pop are not easy, or find every piece of something you have to constantly consult a guide for and if you miss once piece your ducked.. is annoying at best. thanks for the info! ill definitely try it out

I understand what everyone is saying. However, to me a hard platinum is stuff like dark soul and blood borne. Stuff, you need to grind is easy, you will get it eventually as long as you are willing to do it. Velocity 2x for example, that's the hardest game I am struggling to platinum. I highly recommend arc the lad though, but only check it out if you love these types of games. You will definitely grind for about 10 hours on the last chapter of Kharg. They are also a lot of missable trophies, they are hard to miss though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a thought, but I would not normally call a 46 hours plat which has grinding 'easy'.  It may not be difficult, but most 'easy' plats are <10 hours.  But I am glad you enjoyed the game, I am loving that both Dark Clouds are here :)

As long as the grind isn't like pure boredom for like 10+ hours, I wouldn't say it adds anything to difficulty, even 10+ hours is just a slight increase. It doesn't make the game harder, just more time consuming. If the grind is somewhat hard, sure that adds to the overall difficulty.

Get Fit with Mel B (EU version) is just navigating a menu and pressing up and X once in a while, though it takes like 20 hours. Do you think this is anything other than 1/10 difficulty? You can basically read a book while doing it rather efficiently.

For anyone wondering, it's a very easy platinum as long as you grind during Kharg final chapter. Overall, I would recommend it. It took me around 46 hours to plat and it was so much fun. Graphics look good, and story is enjoyable. These ps2 games are really great and worth the money in my opinion. I'll play the others soon.

Anyway, good to hear. I bought the game already. Never did play it on PS2. Missable trophies etc? =o

Edited by MMDE

As long as the grind isn't like pure boredom for like 10+ hours, I wouldn't say it adds anything to difficulty, even 10+ hours is just a slight increase. It doesn't make the game harder, just more time consuming. If the grind is somewhat hard, sure that adds to the overall difficulty.

Get Fit with Mel B (EU version) is just navigating a menu and pressing up and X once in a while, though it takes like 20 hours. Do you think this is anything other than 1/10 difficulty? You can basically read a book while doing it rather efficiently.

Anyway, good to hear. I bought the game already. Never did play it on PS2. Missable trophies etc? =o

Missable trophies are for the following things:

• Both collectible trophies (Spirit Dictionaries, Ancient Tablets)
  • All Arena Challenges completed (Crowd Pleaser trophy)
  • Obtaining the Gorgeous Ring (it can only be stolen from one specific enemy during one specific part of the game)
  • Equipping three Romantic Earrings on one character
  • Recruiting the two secret characters

46 hours EASY! OK ……. Some people have jobs and family I don't think I have 46 hours to play a game! But glad you enjoyed

You're talking about the game being time consuming, that's not the same as difficulty, as in skills required. Besides 50 hours plats aren't that much. I'd get it if we were talking 150-200 hours or something. :P

• Like 2

You're talking about the game being time consuming, that's not the same as difficulty, as in skills required. Besides 50 hours plats aren't that much. I'd get it if we were talking 150-200 hours or something. :P

Well, in a way its the same 46 hours grind is not easy for people that don't have the time to do so … So, ITs not EASY to do the grind different yes but still falls under easy or not!

This is just my personal opinion now, but when I say a game is an "easy platinum", I am not just referring to the difficulty of the game, but the length of time as well.  To me, a 1/10 difficulty that takes 40+ hours would not be "easy".  Sure, it is not difficult, but since it takes so much time and commitment, I would not use easy as a word to describe it.  Clearly that could just be me though :P

EDIT: To call a plat easy would have to take into account the overall difficulty.  Now while the actions you perform may be easy in their own right, the length of time you need to perform them is not.  If I were to try and correctly describe this plat, I would say an easy 46 hour plat.  Without the length of time descriptor, I don't think this plat is really easy overall.

Edited by Sir_Bee

This is just my personal opinion now, but when I say a game is an "easy platinum", I am not just referring to the difficulty of the game, but the length of time as well.  To me, a 1/10 difficulty that takes 40+ hours would not be "easy".  Sure, it is not difficult, but since it takes so much time and commitment, I would not use easy as a word to describe it.  Clearly that could just be me though :P

EDIT: To call a plat easy would have to take into account the overall difficulty.  Now while the actions you perform may be easy in their own right, the length of time you need to perform them is not.  If I were to try and correctly describe this plat, I would say an easy 46 hour plat.  Without the length of time descriptor, I don't think this plat is really easy overall.

If you mean quick and easy then just say that. If someone say easy plat, like the thread starter and especially when the mention the time required, they are obviously talking about how difficult/hard it is to get the trophies, not how long it takes to get the platinum. This is very useful information, because it means that someone with enough time will be able to 100% with little difficulty, and he even specified how much time that is.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

If you mean quick and easy then just say that. If someone say easy plat, like the thread starter and especially when the mention the time required, they are obviously talking about how difficult/hard it is to get the trophies, not how long it takes to get the platinum. This is very useful information, because it means that someone with enough time will be able to 100% with little difficulty, and he even specified how much time that is.

You are correct, OP worded it well.  I was more just trying to put my thought process to words, which doesn't always go as planned lol.

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2016 at 3:13 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Good to know. I remember a big difficulty jump when I played this on the PS2. I think it's because I didn't do the grind you mention.

So, bought this earlier this year, and am getting back to it now. Holy smokes - the boss for chapter 5 is so much harder than anything you've fought to that point.

This might be the first time that playing for trophies is actually helping out in playing the game itself. I know for a fact that I got stopped by Droguza back on the PS2, But with the arena battles under my belt, he was imminently doable.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Then it's easier than Nier, if you can plat Arc the Lad: TotS in just 46 hours. I'm way over 50 hours in Nier, yet I still have 9 trophies left to obtain the platinum. Also I'm stressed because any trophy can get bugged and I would need to do another NG+ in order to obtain it. That is, if it is not a story trophy. Because if a story trophy gets bugged, I would have to restart everything again. Still have to unlock endings B, C and D. I want to cry :'(