PT-inspired game Layers Of Fear is coming to PS4 next month

Finozzi1696

I want a game based around Begotten... That film is easily the most messed up shit I've ever seen. Then you find out what the story is (because it's basically a silent film) and it's somehow worse.  

Did a quick readup on that movie without stumbling into spoilers as best as I could, on the download list. If nothing else, it looks different. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait for this, i NEED to be genuinely scared through a horror game again! I wonder if it was just my youth that made me jump out my skin at the original Resident Evil & Silent Hill series, because i haven't experienced anything like it since. I mean, obvious titles in your minds would give me jump scares and be generally unnerving, but nothing that made me feel like playing without headphones, with the light on... and that's what i want  :lol:.

@Gortys

I watched Begotten last night and it's not even anything. It's just an artsy fartsy, over saturated, poorly filmed nothing.

Nothing is creepy, nothing is messed up, there's no merit to even suggesting others watch it.

The "story" sounded good, but too bad it means nothing and you'd never infer it from just watching.

Edited by yowzagabowza

• 1 month later...

I got Slenderman, Outlast, Layers of Fear and Until Dawn all on my PS4. Just haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

Until Dawn falls apart in the second half because once you've seen the wendigos it's not that freaky.

Honestly speaking I'm no horror fan by any stretch of the means but there really hasn't been any good horror film in over a decade. Many of the fairly recent ones have horrible reviews on IMDB, there hasn't been anything too scary. Maybe the new virtual reality will bring a new element to horror games but so far I haven't found anything impressive.

A shame about PT. Looked so damn good that I was hoping to find it on the store, with no success.

I got Slenderman, Outlast, Layers of Fear and Until Dawn all on my PS4. Just haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

Until Dawn falls apart in the second half because once you've seen the wendigos it's not that freaky.

Honestly speaking I'm no horror fan by any stretch of the means but there really hasn't been any good horror film in over a decade. Many of the fairly recent ones have horrible reviews on IMDB, there hasn't been anything too scary. Maybe the new virtual reality will bring a new element to horror games but so far I haven't found anything impressive.

A shame about PT. Looked so damn good that I was hoping to find it on the store, with no success.

well until dawn is just a parody/homage/satire of every horror movie, they werent trying to create a serious horror game, just a silly parody of everything that you find in every horror movie, serial killers, ghosts, spirits, monsters, teenagers, stereotypes, cliches, jumpscares, etc so more like an interactive horror movie experience.

Edited by smellslikejavier