Delete patch from games

X-BiGBoSs-

Hi guys, i have a simple question:

There is a way to download a game without patches or maybe the possibility to delete them?

When i download a game from psn the game's version is not 1.00 but it's 1.04. Is there a way to download the 1.00 version?

Thank you,

X-BiGBoSs-

That's not possible, every game downloaded from the store is already patched to its latest version.

As for the method above for disconnecting from the internet; unfortunately it wouldn't work since it no longer downloads updates separately, the first thing it does after the download is complete is install its game/content on PS4.

EDIT: By the way that's only on PS4 as pointed below, updates can still be downloaded separately on PS3 and Vita, even when the game is downloaded from their store.

Edited by Ryoudji

I thought things you downloaded automatically had the patch installed? :hmm:

That's not possible, every game downloaded from the store is already patched to its latest version.

As for the method above for disconnecting from the internet; unfortunately it wouldn't work since it no longer downloads updates separately, the first thing it does after the download is complete is install its game/content on PS4.

They are both correct. The games are now bundled with the patch included with the download. It is something new Sony started a number of months ago.

Edit: As Yuri pointed out this only applies to PS4. PS3 and Vita patches are still separate from the game.

Edited by skateak

Just wanted to ask the people above to edit their posts stating that this is PS4 only, vita and ps3 still get patches and games in separate. I know this is the ps4 section of the forums, but this is the Internet and you can't expect people to properly read shit and before you know it, people are spreading that this is also for ps3 and vita (heard it last week).

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I read that if you have the disc version you can play the game without patches.  :hmm:

That's possible. If the disc is already installed, then you just need to uninstall and then disable the automatic update for the patch.

But i believe he was talking about the digital version of the game, and in that case it's impossible.

Hi guys, i have a simple question:

There is a way to download a game without patches or maybe the possibility to delete them?

When i download a game from psn the game's version is not 1.00 but it's 1.04. Is there a way to download the 1.00 version?

Thank you,

X-BiGBoSs-

Nope, not possible when downloading a PS4 title from PSN. Can I ask why you want version 1.00 vs the patched version?