DLCs question

Forgot that those dlcs are region locked, nice way to burn my money  :facepalm:

they should, both are region one (R1). Let us know after you test it.

I don't think it'll work, they aren't even installing, i'll wait until the patch is installed, but i'm almost 100% sure that i fucked up lol

Forgot that those dlcs are region locked, nice way to burn my money  :facepalm:

I don't think it'll work, they aren't even installing, i'll wait until the patch is installed, but i'm almost 100% sure that i fucked up lol

Brazil and US are from the same region. Unless they uploaded different versions of the game to both stores (doubt it, why bother recoding for Brazil?), you should have the same game regardless of the country you buy inside a region.

Why are you installing dlc before installing the patches??? That's like building a roof without support walls!

Brazil and US are from the same region. Unless they uploaded different versions of the game to both stores (doubt it, why bother recoding for Brazil?), you should have the same game regardless of the country you buy inside a region.

Why are you installing dlc before installing the patches??? That's like building a roof without support walls!

Just found that https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2rxse8/why_is_dlc_region_locked_they_just_stole_my_money/

This problem in particular isn't a good example compared to yours since New Zealand store is considered a different region from US store, so the season pass would never recognize the game in their case (NZ store is considered R4 if I'm not mistaken)

But in your case, already explained above by Yuri, is that US store and BR store fall under the same category/region (Region one, or simply R1), so technically, most games and its DLC/Season Pass could work/sync between them as they share the same Product ID.

I had a similar problem months ago with Bloodborne: I bought the main game from the US store, then after its DLC was released I noticed its price on the BR store was relatively cheaper compared from the US store. The DLC worked since they were from the same region and shared the same Product ID on both websites, in short; they were basically selling the same digital content.

Now note that certain games, even from the same region, they will have different IDs on each store, which happens to be with your game.

To make it simpler and easier to understand, I'll use Bloodborne and Shadow of Mordor as examples in identifying their IDs. You can check the ID of any game and its region by going to their respective store and checking the URL. The identification they use in this case is CUSAXXXXX (X = number)

Bloodborne

PSN - US
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/bloodborne/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-BLOODBORNE000000 
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/bloodborne-the-old-hunters/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-SPEXPANSIONDLC03

PSN - BR
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/bloodborne/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-BLOODBORNE000000
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/addons/bloodborne-the-old-hunters/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-SPEXPANSIONDLC03

Notice how they share the same ID between both stores (CUSA00900), so in theory, the main game from US store would work with the DLC bought on BR store.

Shadow of Mordor

PSN - US
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/cid=UP1018-CUSA00102_00-SHADOWOFMORDOR01 
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-season-pass/cid=UP1018-CUSA00102_00-MESOMSEASONPASS1

PSN - BR
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/cid=UP1018-CUSA00725_00-SHADOWOFMORDOR01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/addons/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-season-pass/cid=UP1018-CUSA00725_00-MESOMSEASONPASS1

Notice this time how they have different IDs on each store, so I'm afraid your US season pass might not work with your BR game copy.

I can't tell for sure if it wouldn't work with you though, since I only experienced the first example I demonstrated here (sharing the same ID), I couldn't find anything about different IDs from the same region store and if they worked or not. :hmm: You might as well test it and report back the results.  :ninja:

• Like 4

This problem in particular isn't a good example compared to yours since New Zealand store is considered a different region from US store, so the season pass would never recognize the game in their case (NZ store is considered R4 if I'm not mistaken)

But in your case, already explained above by Yuri, is that US store and BR store fall under the same category/region (Region one, or simply R1), so technically, most games and its DLC/Season Pass could work/sync between them as they share the same Product ID.

I had a similar problem months ago with Bloodborne: I bought the main game from the US store, then after its DLC was released I noticed its price on the BR store was relatively cheaper compared from the US store. The DLC worked since they were from the same region and shared the same Product ID on both websites, in short; they were basically selling the same digital content.

Now note that certain games, even from the same region, they will have different IDs on each store, which happens to be with your game.

To make it simpler and easier to understand, I'll use Bloodborne and Shadow of Mordor as examples in identifying their IDs. You can check the ID of any game and its region by going to their respective store and checking the URL. The identification they use in this case is CUSAXXXXX (X = number)

Bloodborne

PSN - US
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/bloodborne/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-BLOODBORNE000000 
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/bloodborne-the-old-hunters/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-SPEXPANSIONDLC03

PSN - BR
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/bloodborne/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-BLOODBORNE000000
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/addons/bloodborne-the-old-hunters/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-SPEXPANSIONDLC03

Notice how they share the same ID between both stores (CUSA00900), so in theory, the main game from US store would work with the DLC bought on BR store.

Shadow of Mordor

PSN - US
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/cid=UP1018-CUSA00102_00-SHADOWOFMORDOR01 
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-season-pass/cid=UP1018-CUSA00102_00-MESOMSEASONPASS1

PSN - BR
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/cid=UP1018-CUSA00725_00-SHADOWOFMORDOR01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-br/games/addons/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-season-pass/cid=UP1018-CUSA00725_00-MESOMSEASONPASS1

Notice this time how they have different IDs on each store, so I'm afraid your US season pass might not work with your BR game copy.

I can't tell for sure if it wouldn't work with you though, since I only experienced the first example I demonstrated here (sharing the same ID), I couldn't find anything about different IDs from the same region store and if they worked or not. :hmm: You might as well test it and report back the results.  :ninja:

Got the season pass from the BR store, it was on sale, that's my only game with this problem  :shakefist:

Thanks for the help, never noticed that i could see the CUSA on links from the store, this will definetely help with future purchases. ^_^