Amplitude - Deleting high scores?

NotAFoxAnymore

I asked this on another thread but didn't get a reply and I'm impatient so I'm asking here instead. Basically the trophy for getting a triple bar rank on every song is a little misleading. Simply getting the rank doesn't cut it, it has to be a high score also. And because score doesn't simply dictate your rank (I'm not sure what does) there's 4 or 5 songs in which I can easily get the rank but because I can't beat my previous high score (which got me 2 bars), they don't count and the trophy doesn't unlock.

So my question is would deleting my save file clear my scores, or are they saved to the server?

Just a heads up, if you do this then you might encounter trouble with the Aggregate Results trophy as it's based on your local high scores rather than the actual high score on your leaderboard. Just keep playing and it'll unlock, if you wanna know how close you are then add up all your local scores (the score next to the song, not in the corner). I got this after doing that, my online leaderboard was at 46.5k

Edited by AkiraTheFox

• 1 month later...

Just to add this for those who are curious and maybe don't understand what's happening, the system works like this:

You set a score on your chosen difficulty - let's say Advanced for the sake of this. Your score there is enough to earn 2 bars [Your score is the only thing that affects (effects? Not sure which to use here) your bars. Much like Rock Band and stars. Hit, or, in this case, sequence percentages are just an indicator of how well you played the song. No bearing on your final rank.]. You move on to a lower difficulty - we'll say Intermediate - and get a 3 bar score, but that score doesn't show up on the song selection screen/leaderboard. Why?

It's not a glitch.

It's a lower score than your current high score. Much like other rhythm games, lower difficulties have a lower score threshold to get a high rank, because they generally have fewer notes. For example, a score of, say, 1500 could be enough for 3 bars on Beginner - but only enough for 1 bar on Intermediate. This also varies by song, depending on the length of the song and complexity of the tracks. More notes = Higher score required for higher bar ranks.

So, while your score on the lower difficulty may be enough for a 3 bar score, there's a good chance that simply because the higher difficulty had more notes, you got a higher score on it. Therefore, the lower difficulty may not have enough notes to actually beat your score, depending on your skill and ability to properly path a song.

TL;DR - You can beat your previous bar rating without beating your previous score by playing on a lower difficulty. However, your score will not update on the leaderboards or the song selection screen with the new bar rating unless the score is higher than your previous.

• Like 1

So essentially if you're not good at the game you need to either do them all on a lower difficulty and not play on the higher difficulties until you get the trophy or if you got a lower bar rating on a higher difficulty (negating your three bar rating on a lower difficulty) then just get good enough to beat it? The bar ratings carry across all difficulties, but in terms of this trophy which can theoretically be done on any difficulty but negated by worse performances on higher difficulties they should at least state this or have separate bar ratings for each difficulty like they do on Rock Band. 

Also I noticed that you can get the three bar rating back on a lower difficulty so long as you beat the score you got on a higher difficulty (which in essence would grant you higher bar ratings, most likely three). 

So essentially if you're not good at the game you need to either do them all on a lower difficulty and not play on the higher difficulties until you get the trophy or if you got a lower bar rating on a higher difficulty (negating your three bar rating on a lower difficulty) then just get good enough to beat it? The bar ratings carry across all difficulties, but in terms of this trophy which can theoretically be done on any difficulty but negated by worse performances on higher difficulties they should at least state this or have separate bar ratings for each difficulty like they do on Rock Band.

Also I noticed that you can get the three bar rating back on a lower difficulty so long as you beat the score you got on a higher difficulty (which in essence would grant you higher bar ratings, most likely three).

Yeah pretty much. But the issue with earning them back is that sometimes you could earn a high score that's simply not possible on the lower difficulties

Edited by Akira Fox

Yeah pretty much. But the issue with earning them back is that sometimes you could earn a high score that's simply not possible on the lower difficulties

It's annoying, because chances are you're gonna get bored playing on the lower difficulties, and you need to play the songs a lot of times to unlock them all as well. 

• Like 1