Is my "Not Your Usual Assassin" trophy glitched? Or am I doing something wrong

So I've been through all the non-timed levels and only choked out the marked, gold targets. In the running levels, it seems impossible in some areas to not kill the enemies so I figured they didn't count towards the trophy. Well, despite my best efforts, I cannot get this trophy to pop. Am I missing something or did my trophy glitch? Can I really not kill dudes in the running sections? Because there's at least two spots where you get trampled by an elephant in sequence 9 if you stop for even half a second to throw a smoke bomb. >__>

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been through all the non-timed levels and only choked out the marked, gold targets. In the running levels, it seems impossible in some areas to not kill the enemies so I figured they didn't count towards the trophy. Well, despite my best efforts, I cannot get this trophy to pop. Am I missing something or did my trophy glitch? Can I really not kill dudes in the running sections? Because there's at least two spots where you get trampled by an elephant in sequence 9 if you stop for even half a second to throw a smoke bomb. >__>

I haven't gotten the trophy yet, but I guess you really have to kill no one on sequence 9. It is possible, I made it to use a smokebomb on the guard and still get away from the elephant.

Oh and you have to be careful on sequences 4 and 5, the falling rocks can kill guards too.

Anyway, I'm still working on the trophy, and I will write a guide for the game after I got 100%. ;-)

It sucks, but sequence 9 counts.  I got through it by jumping that entire stretch so I had time to throw a smoke bomb, and get in front of the elephant, and it still took a few tries.  It's very annoying.  >_<

I haven't gotten the trophy yet, but I guess you really have to kill no one on sequence 9. It is possible, I made it to use a smokebomb on the guard and still get away from the elephant.

Oh and you have to be careful on sequences 4 and 5, the falling rocks can kill guards too.

Anyway, I'm still working on the trophy, and I will write a guide for the game after I got 100%. ;-)

Is there a way to tell which chapter had kills in them?  Or do I need to cross my fingers and hope that it was chapter 4/5?

Is there a way to tell which chapter had kills in them?  Or do I need to cross my fingers and hope that it was chapter 4/5?

Unfortunately, no, there isn't. I had the same problem. I really thought I played all levels without kills, but the trophy didn't pop after sequence 10. It popped once I carefully replayed sequence 4 though.

• 5 years later...

I played the trilogy pack, and Not Your Usual Assassin  :silver: didn't pop. :(

I killed main mission-related gold/yellow guards in chapter 2, 6, and 10. Is it okay to kill those gold/yellow guards?

I might have killed some guards in chapter 4 and 5 though I played said chapters very carefully. :S

:hmm:

P.S. Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

EDIT:

I loaded level 4 on Plus mode, and trophy popped. Also, seems that it is okay to kill gold/yellow enemies in non-timed levels.

Edited by zizimonster
Trophy earned

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 3:11 AM, zizimonster said:

I played the trilogy pack, and Not Your Usual Assassin  :silver: didn't pop. :(

I killed main mission-related gold/yellow guards in chapter 2, 6, and 10. Is it okay to kill those gold/yellow guards?

I might have killed some guards in chapter 4 and 5 though I played said chapters very carefully. :S

:hmm:

P.S. Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

EDIT:

I loaded level 4 on Plus mode, and trophy popped. Also, seems that it is okay to kill gold/yellow enemies in non-timed levels.

I think that all of those target's can be choked. Just played chapter 2 and although it says kill them i choked them and finished the assignment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jurassic_00 said:

I think that all of those target's can be choked. Just played chapter 2 and although it says kill them i choked them and finished the assignment.

Yes, they can be choked, but that does not matter. I replayed that chapter, and it didn't pop the trophy until I replayed chapter 4 and chapter 5. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I've recently completed India as part of the trilogy pack on the Vita, unlocked 'The End?' and 'Invisible Master' but not 'Not Your Usual Assassin' which makes no sense as I didn't kill any enemies that weren't highlighted in gold (assassination targets) except for ones in the Speed run levels which (as far as im aware) are complete fair game as the game says you are not marked down for them.

5 hours ago, Martain2 said:

I've recently completed India as part of the trilogy pack on the Vita, unlocked 'The End?' and 'Invisible Master' but not 'Not Your Usual Assassin' which makes no sense as I didn't kill any enemies that weren't highlighted in gold (assassination targets) except for ones in the Speed run levels which (as far as im aware) are complete fair game as the game says you are not marked down for them.

Replay Sequence 4 and/or Sequence 5. There are parts where rocks can crumble down and hit an enemy.

6 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Replay Sequence 4 and/or Sequence 5. There are parts where rocks can crumble down and hit an enemy.

Just tried this and no luck, also replayed 9 and 10 made sure to kill no body, choked or smoke bombed everyone I needed to including the guard that gets hit by the elephant and still no trophy so really getting worried that some how it has got bugged out completely as I have Shadow Gold on all the point based levels hence me having the The End trophy associated to that.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had the exact same issue as everyone (completed all Points based levels with Shadow Gold and was pretty sure I hadn't killed anyone except for the yellow glowing enemies in timed levels).

So I figured I would replay all timed levels and guess what... after completing Level 4 the trophy popped. You need to be extra careful of the falling rocks and stalactites because they will count as kills if they fall on enemies. There's always a way to maneuver around those, take your time to navigate those sections.
Also, be mindful of Precursor traps in the temple areas... apart from a few story related deaths, no enemies should be killed by the traps... so try to avoid triggering them or drawing enemies too close to them.

On 9/5/2022 at 6:39 AM, Martain2 said:

I've recently completed India as part of the trilogy pack on the Vita, unlocked 'The End?' and 'Invisible Master' but not 'Not Your Usual Assassin' which makes no sense

In fact, it does make sense. "The End?" only requires you to get High Scores (which you indeed need to not kill to get) and fastest times (but you could inadvertently kill enemies with the environment if you trigger traps or falling rocks). "Invisible Master" on the other hand only requires you not to be seen... you could still stealth kill enemies without being seen... so even if you did get both those trophies, you could of killed enemies on the timed levels OR on you Plus Hard mode without getting seen.