First Platinum Stories

TheVader66

Well, I tried to find a similar Topic but I couldn't find one. So I am going to make one, it is going to be split into two questions: How did you get the game? and How did you get the Platinum trophy?

When I first got my PS3, I actually tried to make The Lord of the Rings: Conquest my first platinum but it had online trophies and to make things worse the servers were down, so it was impossible for me to get the platinum trophy. So I just gave up, and I started playing the games normally without the thought of completing them for 2 and half years.

How I got the game: In Gamestop I ran into the Original Hyperdimension Neptunia, it caught my attention because of combination of bright colors: Black, Purple, Green, White. I still remember when I saw it, I mocked it at first because I usually found those games to be boring. My sister told me to get the game since at the time I was going to quit gaming because I got bored of playing just shooters and fighting games, so she suggested play something different. Well long story short, I feel in love with the game because of it's characters, they actually had personalities instead of just being walking fanservice.

How I go the platinum: Well, After beating the first playthrough of the game and while scrolling through the mene. I get the idea of seeing my trophies and I see the number 76%. I never had a number that high before since The Lord of the Rings: Conquest attempt but I get the urge to get the Platinum. So I look up a guide and finish the other two playthroughs because the pain in the ass trophy :gold: Histoire Enthusiast, you need to see all the monsters in the game and some are exclusive to certain playthroughs. In the end, I get my Platinum trophy, I have never been so happy about beating a game since the PS2 era with the GTA Series and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Hyperdimension Neptunia

1Lfa4b79_zpsym0qjf4g.png

:platinum:1# The Master System

You've been diagnosed with Neptunia.

Also with that first Platinum, my thirst for Trophies began, I just wanted more so I went to my backlog of games and started getting platinum for each one like Infamous and Jak and Daxter. Later during my platinum run of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, I found this website.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 3

My first Platinum was Prince of Persia (2008). Ordered it online because I loved the Sands of Time trilogy on the PS2 and wanted to try this one out. I loved the world and its characters and it wasn't all that hard to get the Platinum. I later found out that the Epilogue DLC was delisted from the Portuguese PS Store and I would therefore be forever unable to 100% the game, so I got the X360 version (which at the time still had the Epilogue available), gave the PS3 version away to some friends of mine and hid the trophy list, seeing as I no longer owned the game. If only I knew all I had to do was get the DLC from the UK Store... oh well.

• Like 2

My first plat is from Okami. I got it via PS+ played one walktrough and really enjoyed it. Then i saw that i missed just one trophy (concerning killing enemies from a death list). I was frustrated and began a second walktrough. After around 85 hours i was happy to see my first plat :D

1Lc0b30d.png

#1 Top Dog

Okami HD

• Like 1

I've had a PS3 before and had many different accounts, all of which with no 100% completion and like 8% completion rates. I cared about trophies but couldn't give a shit about completing games. Then when I made a new account in October 2014, I figured I was gonna sell all the games that I probably won't play or plat and try and take trophies seriously. Around that time, while browsing the PS Store I noticed a demo for the Miku games I've heard about. Since vocaloid was my new found obsession I immediately tried it out and fell in love with it so I decided to buy it, but since I was a noob I initially bought the JP version, though I quickly sold it for the NA version as I wanted to understand the game and not need a guide for the menus and such. When it arrived, I was addicted and found a trophy guide online. Since it looked entirely doable I guess I just did it, and just over a week later on Halloween 2014 I had my first platinum. I guess that kickstarted my love for trophies, and while I'm not a serious hardcore trophy hunter, I still care very much about them and every platinum feels satisfying

• Like 4

First platinum was Assassins Creed Unity, almost a year ago. Have loved playing the Assassins games for the last few years but never had the inclination to hunt the trophies or go for the platinum. I bought the special edition of this game on the release date and still have the figurine (which is quite sizeable) on the shelf. Really enjoyed it too, glitches and dodgy co - op aside, was a sizeable game and had a great DLC story (better than the main story ).

Well it definitely got me on the right path as just notched up my 21st platinum today, may the journey continue :)

• Like 2

Even though God of War III is my first platinum on this account, my real first platinum was Skate 2.

My brother had got the game as a Christmas present in 2010, along with Call of Duty: Black Ops. I hadn't really known much about games in general than, so I had never bought games myself. Whenever I wanted to play a game, I'd just play his. :D Some time after, I found out about trophies, but I hadn't really cared too much about them. Didn't even know there was such things as trophy sites or trophy guides. I thought that I'd be lucky to ever get a platinum in it, as it had some difficult trophies that I couldn't see myself getting. But after I started unlocking some of the most difficult single-player trophies, (I was trying to do all challenges in the game) I saw the only trophy I had left was a online trophy for getting top rank. I was close to there already, as I was playing online pretty frequently already, so I got the plat hours later. :D

I had also got the LittleBigPlanet platinum a month later, but I hadn't started to take trophies seriously until 3 years later. :S

1L43cab1.png

Platinum Trophy

Platinum Trophy

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD
  • Like 2

First platinum was Batman Arkham asylum. I did this game with no guide and just me and my friend looking everywhere for the riddles, the challenges were really fun too, I don't know if there tricks for them now but when I did them I was pretty happy, they were that hard but at the time it was a good challenge for me :D

• Like 2

First plat was Heavy Rain. I saw it in Big W, picked it up and read the back. Thought it sounded interesting so I bought it.

Got the plat because a mate wouldn't stop paying me out about taking ages to plat it and not having any plats. So I went and did it, just to prove I could.

Riding on the hype of E3 2013, I got the PS4 at launch having skipped the PS3 last generation. Picked up InFAMOUS Second Son at the same time, only game that interested me at the time since I adored SuckerPunch's Sly Racoon back in the PS2 days.
A pretty easy first Platinum to start off the current generation, and since I wasn't interested in any of the other launch titles, InFAMOUS ended up being my sole PS4 game for quite some time. Naturally I got 100% and replayed the game a couple of times before my next PS4 game came along

Edited by JokerJoe14

My first platinum story makes me feel so emotional, because it's my beginning as a trophy hunter and the beginning of a great love story between me and  <3 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  <3. My love for this game (especially for its multiplayer and coop) is only beaten by what I feel for the main campaign of  <3 The Last of Us  <3

Uncharted 3 came in a bundle with my PS3, four years ago. I completed the campaign and I absolutely loved it. Coming from PS2 games to an experience like the one Uncharted 3 has to offer was overwhelming; it was a truly a next gen experience. When I got my PS3, I didn't even know trophies existed. When my first trophy popped (collecting the first treasure in U3), I enjoyed the feeling so much, that I immediately fell in love with trophies. Being completely inexperienced as a trophy hunter, I thought that I would never earn a platinum trophy, because, even a relatively easy list like the one Uncharted 3 has, seemed impossible to me!  :lol: Since I loved the game so much and I wanted an excuse to play it again, I thought "Well, let's see if I can beat the game on Crushing and earn a couple more trophies..." and so I did. This was the beginning of my trophy hunting career, because I slowly began working towards this shiny platinum trophy, that eventually unlocked:  :wub:

1L3a97ae.png

I, then, fell madly in love with this game's multiplayer and coop and I spent the following years playing it almost non-stop, which lead me to win my proudest 100%.  :)

This is my story and, even though I don't have any very hard ultra rare plat, which wouldn't even make sense, since I don't like very hard games, I feel very proud of my profile and of my nice 75 platinums. I treasure these memories and the fun that I had playing all of my games so much. I wouldn't trade my profile for any other.  <3

• Like 3

My first platinum was inFamous Second son. I bought xbox 360 and ps3 back in like 2010 but somehow I have never played them both ( really no idea why )

I was watching Sony conferance then I saw they introduced PS4 by playing Watch_Dogs and Dying Light ( still remember how number 31 cuts zombies head off with a machete )
then they said this was how next generation would be. I was having hard time to get my jaw from floor. Got super hyped bought a PS4 in Prague as soon as it was introduced in Europe. It was Kill
zone bundle I also bought a FIFA 14 along it.
Playing fifa was fun but Kill
zone on the other hand was totally a turn off. I wasn't able to play it even 30 minutes straight ( even if there was almost  no AAA games for PS4. It was that drought I paid 60 bucks to Thief ) then I saw inFamous Second son.
Started playing it and it was totally like an oasis. I simply couldn't stop playing and whenever I was doing some stuff trophies just pop and I found myself enjoying that noise and feel. Then start collecting trophies :)

My first platinum was Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

My story isn't that interesting, but when I decided to switch from achievement hunting to trophy hunting (March 2013), Naruto UNSG was the current game I was playing on the 360. I'd only gotten about half way through before I made the switch, so I decided to buy it again for the PS3. Wasn't sure if I could platinum the game at first but it turned out to be really easy and of course, it ended up being my first. As a big Naruto fan, I'm happy with that as my first platinum, even if it is one of the weaker storm games. 

1Lfab22e.png

I'm the greatest ninja! 
You've acquired all trophies.
Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

My first Plat.. Zero Escape: VIrtue's Last Reward

1Lcc3f89.png

Virtue's Last Reward 
Acquired all trophies.

26th Dec 2012

3:44:03 AM

How did you get the game?

-I am pretty sure I have mentioned this lots of times before... I love 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors... so after knowing that it will have a sequel, it was a no-brainer for me, I need to get this game ASAP... some backstory: there was the dilemma... what version to get... 3DS or Vita... at the moment this game has been released, I don't have a Vita yet, so I actually considered buying it's 3DS version. But after reading some comments in gaming sites(not PSNP during that time though :P) about how there is a bug in 3DS version that could corrupt your save file, I got paranoid and decided to get the Vita version instead. A month later... bought a Vita and a day after my Birthday on the year 2012, bought this game as a present for myself... ^_^

How did you get the Platinum trophy?

-I love Visual Novels, but it never fails to lull me to sleep. This was no exception... for a VN game, it took me a week to finish/plat this game after purchasing it... I actually don't mind, since I really love this game just a few moment after starting this game...

It was the night of Christmas Day 2012, after getting some sleep after my 3 hour trip from my hometown, I decided to continue playing this game, I actually don't have plan to finish it that day, I just want to make some progress, maybe unlock one ending... then it happens, lots of mind blowing information plus unlocking endings in my run... I got hooked and want to know what happened and what will happen... thanks to the nap I had, got immune somehow to VN lulling me to sleep... and then at December 26, 2016 (super) early Morning... I witnessed the last Ending I haven't seen, reached the True Ending... and the plat popped...

And three years later, here I am.. patiently waiting for the release of the third game... which is reserved as my 100th Plat ^_^

Edited by JaM

FUSE

1L64ebbe.png

Platinum Trophy
Earn all trophies.

I was interested in the game since the first trailer, it was known as Overstrike then and looked fun and colourful, it had an Incredibles kinda vibe to it. But then when it changed to Fuse it lost all it's spark and looked like a generic third person shooter so my interest just disappeared. I was browsing Amazon one day and saw it was really cheap so i thought i'd give it a try. The game wasn't as bad as i'd heard infact i had fun in the echelon mode, but it wasn't amazing either and makes me think what it could of been when it was called Overstrike.

It took me 1 week, 4 days, 21 hours to achieve the platinum.

Edited by SteelFreaxx

The first game I got when I purchased my ps3 was R&C Tools of Destruction, but it doesn't have trophies. I played all 4 ps2 R&C games, and reached 100% in all of them. Played them all a ton of times.

I got R&C A4O and played it a bunch with my daughter. Once we had beaten all the levels I started looking at all the bolts and skill points I had left and set about cleaning them up. Several hours later I heard a ding and looked up to realize I had earned a platinum trophy. I pulled up my list (for the first time ever) and noticed all the trophies were tied to in game reward stuff. I noticed several other games where I had a pretty high completion and decided to see what I could earn. And that's how I got into plat hunting.

The first plat I deliberately went for was for Rage #2, and damn at the end of my 2nd run (nightmare + 100% story) my heart was beating like a hammer as I waited for the ding.

My first platinum was Modern Warfare 2. Before I got really into trophy hunting I played mainly shooters. I remember I had just been racing with a friend to see who could hit prestige master in Black Ops II first. After that race I wanted to change things up from just playing multiplayer. So I went back to Modern Warfare 2 to play the story and after that I just gathered all the trophies because I loved the challenge that it provided. 

First plat was uncharted 3. I didn't really care at the time about plats just played whatever from infamous to anything really. But i started seeing my friends online have these platinum trophies so i gave it shot. I knew everything about the game i beat it twice before. The game is really easy i just put it on easy got all the other trophies i needed except for the treasures which i just looked on YT but that was my first plat and i got many more after. I got the game with my ps3...

My first platinum was Tearaway. I bought it for 25 on sale. I was looking for some new vita games....and this person had 2 Vita games: Rayman Origins and Legends for sale. I had offered him Tearaway for both games.

He agreed with additional 10 dollars. I agreed to meet up...but I had to meet the next day. I tried to extend so I can get the platinum/complete the game...which took me 2-3 days.

It took me one play through and a few repeat levels to get the last scrap( I think one was glitchy)...Had to replay the jumping off cliff segment.

Getting the platinum felt very rewarding. I hope to replay it on the PS4, one day in the future.

• Like 1

It started in September 2013. A friend was really telling me about how far he went in LA Noire, and laughed at me as I really hadn't made much progress. Platted & 100% the game just to show him and forgot about trophies for a while. Found another zambian [Cypha911] who was at level 13 at the time with 4 plats. I went after him only to find Koya-47 at level 16 and 15/16 plats. I really pushed hard to beat him,and a ear later it was done. Now aiming for top 10 in South Africa. 100 plats almost within reach!

• Like 1

I wanted Batman Arkham Asylum to be my first platinum as it was my first game for ps3 but I couldn't beat a few of the challenges. My first platinum was actually Dragon Age: Origins. I didn't really like the game at first but the game grew on me and seeing the platinum trophy pop was a very exciting feeling.

• Like 1

My first platinum was

Tales of Xillia

1L3749c2.png

Lord of Xillia

The mark of complete Xillia mastery.
Thanks for playing!

This was my first Limited Edition game and the possibility of different viewpoints of the story really sparked my interest. I even cosplayed as Jude once (but almost no one recognized the character...)

• Like 2

Ok. My first plat was on GOW: Ghost of Sparta.

?How did i get the game?: I was hyped at Kratos baddasery and background story and also at the God of War franchise so i began to buy the games on my PS3 in wichever sales store i found because getting a new polished game here in Mexico costs a good amount of money. I bought Ghost of Sparta in the "Origins Collection" disc after i bought the "Collection" (GOW I and II).

?How did i get the platinium?: I think it was a sort of a proud feeling. At first i didn't care about trophies but months later when i created my acccount on PSN and watched my level and percentage grow becaue of earning trophies, i became interested so, after practically 3 weeks of battling against the game (getting the "Zeus May Cry" trophy was a good challenge), tackled the challenges, finished them in about 3 days and then buying everything from Zeus temple like crazy, when i got the shovel, i got the platinium.

• Like 1