First Platinum Stories

TheVader66

My first plat was Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

How I got the game:

I loved the demo and at the time I didn't read any reviews or anything I just knew I wanted the game. And I got it for X-mas when it came out. It was my third PS3 game (first was F1 Championship Edition, then Stranglehold but no trophies for either).

How I got the platinum:

I've always been a completionist and I did all the in-game medals (or whatever they're called) right away. Uncharted was one of the first games that got trophies patched in and when it did I revisited it for the plat. It was easy too since they match the medals and I've already done that before. I've never looked back since in trophy hunting.

• Like 2

My first platinum was Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4. I don't remember exactly how I got it, I just really like Harry Potter and Lego games, so I probably just grabbed it at my Walmart. The final trophy of the game, to get 100% I think, actually glitched twice. I jumped in this extra underground section, where there were some collectibles, but there was no way out. You were supposed to jump on a Dragon and it would fling you out, but it wouldn't do that. Eventually, the game updated and it worked. I was then at 99.9% completion, and the last character was some generic character literally just named "boy". I did the thing to unlock him, which was just to switch around a couple books, I saw the particle effects that are usually paired with a character token appearing, but it didn't show up. The game finally updated again, and the character showed up. I collected him, got 100% and got the platinum!

• Like 2

Fallout 3

It was my first PS3 game. I already played the game to death on the PC, but I always did the good-karma path. Platting the game on PS3 while going for bad karma really made the game more fun to play, couldn't believe all the things I had missed. I was able to plat the game in little less than a week, playing 12 hours a day... slept a few times in class that week but it was worth it! :D

• Like 1

Mine was Skyrim on the PS3 - Got the game for Christmas from my brother, got the platinum completely unintentionally. Essentially, I loved and played the game so much, every trophy unlocked. I literally just played the game lots and lots and lots. Was fun :)

Edited by Jacob_Neal01

Well, I went through another account with a plat before this one, so I technically have two stories:

First First Platinum (as sabsarron7192):

Assassin's Creed II

1Ledd3c0.png

Ended up getting ACII after playing through the original Assassin's Creed. At this time, I never had the general interest in collecting trophies at all, however, I managed to get a heavy majority of the trophies during my playthrough, so I went "screw it" and went for the rest of them. Of course, the only bitchy trophy was collecting all of the feathers, but overall, it was an easy platinum. On this specific account, this remains my only platinum and on the account I actually use, it is my third.

Second First Platinum (as BlueFireReaper):

Borderlands

1L0e571e.png

Got this back in March of 2013. I remember a friend I had on PSN who I played Black Ops II with talked a lot about Borderlands 2, and while I got that from PS+ in December of the same year, my habit of playing games in order got the best of me and considering that it was on sale for $10 at the time, I got the original. Spent quite a long time over the course of a few months before I got the platinum though; it took until July to get it, and other than that one trophy that requires you to play with someone who got a specific trophy (or a Gearbox employee), I got the entire plat alone, with most of the trophies acquired in my playthrough with Roland. And while it was my first platinum, it wasn't until either my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th platinum that I started going for trophies. But it was from this platinum that I found this site, and I'm glad I did.

Edited by BlueFireReaper

Wow, hope you get the platinum. Also how is that game, I been thinking of getting it but I don't know

I really like it, even enjoyed the story. I bought the collector's edition when it was just came out and don't regret it (even though the glue they used for the box was so cheap it actually started falling apart).

My first damn platinum was Duke Nukem Forever. Duke 3D was one of the first games I had ever played so the nostalgia hype was real. I get my hands on it and it's by far the most disappointing thing ever. I felt like I owed it to good ol' Duke 3D to get the platinum, though, and it was what started me off

I really like it, even enjoyed the story. I bought the collector's edition when it was just came out and don't regret it (even though the glue they used for the box was so cheap it actually started falling apart).

what was included in the collector's edition.

Edited by TheVader66

Old account and first plat ever was Heavy Rain. Borrowed from my sister, enjoyed it, a friend told me about the trophies thingy, had free time, no money, so why not!?

New account, totally premeditated and executed to perfection, got The Order 1886 (we bought it among some colleagues on release) and made it my first  plat. Because it was easy and because I freakin LOVE the game.

My First PS3 Resident evil 5 (2009) was my first platinum i was new to the playstation 3 system was aiming for platinum back then since i never get time due to my brother hogging it till he destroyed it, My second PS3 Resident evil 6 (2012) is my first platinum after getting my own playstation this became registered and officially my first i decided to make it 100% cause there were few trophies till the dlc arrived.

As of now untill im currently getting 100 plats before starting the ps4 for the first platinum

Edited by maurjen

Didn't give even a single fuck about trophies.

Tony Hawk HD came out. I love Tony Hawk. Getting the platinum was inevitable.

Then I went to a friend and laughed at his inferiority for having only one platinum.

Time passes, a month or two later, he comes back with inFamous 2 and Spidey Edge of Time plat'd, thus doubling my plat count.

"Fuck that guy" I couldn't have that, could I? Then I went about finishing up a few games I knew I could plat like Duke Nukem and Call of Duty, then, I was in front again.

I don't remember anything after that, I know he got the Dark Souls plat, possibly Dark Souls 2 as well, one or two other plats, and then he bought a computer and has been away from PlayStation for 2+ years. I win.

• Like 2

My first platinium was Jak and Daxter : the precursor legacy

I bought my PS3 in June 2014 and so many games to play, mainly ps2 HD remastered (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X <3 ) and the 3 trilogies : Ratchet, Sly Cooper and Jak

I found the Sly and Jak trilogy for a really low price on a canadian website (around 15€ both games and new not used).

I started with Jak I (memories) and really enjoyed it (I never finished it on ps2). After that I played Ratchet 1 and Sly 1, then Ratchet 2 and Sly 2 but meh Jak 2 is not really fun :unsure:

• Like 1

My first plat came 7 years ago. Had been playin Resident Evil 5 with my cuzzy and both of us were steadily working towards the plat, One of the first decent horror games with trophies. And on April 13th 2009 we got there and had a blast doin it.

Ever since then I've given trophies a decent nudge and I'm pretty proud of my virtual display cabinet. I don't do it to gloat about, personally I don't mind what people think as their entitled to their opinion, I only play games that I want to play and don't consider myself a 'trophy whore' there's plenty of games that I could finish for some cheap points and sure I may have a couple of those games on my list, but the quality of the majority outweigh those.

A good few games I have continued to play and plat with my cuz which is what I feel gaming is all about. We've managed some of the hardest trophies coop, with laggy servers and disconnection dropouts imminent, even dedicated around 20 hours to the 'it's in the trial' trophy for dante's inferno which is only a bronze but so satisfying once it finally popped.

I initially only really cared about plats and not so much completion, but after buying a few dlcs cheap and being satisfied with *100% I pushed on and have managed to tidy up most my games and I try to keep my completion rate around 98%

These days I don't game all that much but still give it a decent go when I do get on.. have to give my wife a mention too, thanks for putting up with my eyes being glued to the TV, the relentless sound of the buttons being mashed furiously, the roar of the race cars screaming out of the surround sound,the heavy breathing when I have a headset on and all you want is peace, the thousands of gunshots I have fired echoing throughout the house and yea.. all the cursing when things wernt goin so well =)

I think I've gone a wee bit off topic so my apoligies but I don't post often and think this is an excellent topic. It's mint reading everyone's posts.

Cheers R3D

what was included in the collector's edition.

It had the soundtrack, an art book and a Shampuru bath set (hand towel and sponge) in a "Premium" box, in this case premium means box put together with crappy glue that comes apart on its own just sitting there  :facepalm:

Edit: Oh yeah, it also came with a limited edition Nendoroid figure set consisting of Chou-Chou, Altis and a Shampuru.

Edited by BooneIronshield
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It had the soundtrack, an art book and a Shampuru bath set (hand towel and sponge) in a "Premium" box, in this case premium means box put together with crappy glue that comes apart on its own just sitting there  :facepalm:

Edit: Oh yeah, it also came with a limited edition Nendoroid figure set consisting of Chou-Chou, Altis and a Shampuru.

Interesting, I may start with Mugen Souls Z. I don't know why probably because it is adorable.

My first platinum was Infamous Second Son. It was a game I was following since E3 2013 because it looked interesting and fun, with the fire super powers and fast mobility and whatnot. When in finally came out I had so much fun playing it that I did the additional playthroughs I needed to get all of the trophies.

I actually planned for my first platinum to be Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. But I got frustrated with the gummi ship trophy. (Damn you, Atlantica!) So on a lark, I purchased a digital copy of the Jak Collection and played through Jak & Daxter, another one of my favorite games. I beat it within 24 hours, lol. So not only is Jak & Daxter my first platinum, it's still my fastest platinum to date.

My First Platinum was Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I Loved this game. I first played the game on Normal difficulty, and left the game for a week. I was then stuck with getting trophies everyday, so I decided to go back and play the game on Hard, found all 61 treasures, then I unlocked "Crushing" which took me 2 days to finish the game, then I finally got the Plat! 

The best thing is, it Leveled me up to Level 7

First Platinum - Tekken 6 (PS3).

The first game I bought for my PS3 was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I didn't even have the console yet, I just saw it and loved it. Trophies hadn't come out yet and sadly never got added to Oblivion. A few months later, I bought Tekken 6 from an Australian retail store called Big W. I've been a fan of Tekken from a very young age so I bought this on launch day. Trophies were still a new concept to me, with my first trophy coming from Batman Arkham Asylum (still haven't platted that) and I remember wondering what the trophies were for Tekken 6 and if I could get them all?

A couple of the trophies were quite challenging, such as defeating Nancy and the fight on the train but I remember how proud I was to go platinum for the first time. It would be a couple of years later until I started taking trophy hunting as seriously as I do now.

Bring on Tekken 7!!!