First Platinum Stories

TheVader66

Pretty sure my very first Platinum was Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. I had played Sly 2 years ago, and I was wanting to get back into the series, so when I got my PS3 it was one of the first games I picked up.

I wasn't planning on platinuming it at first, but I enjoyed the game enough that I decided to 100% complete it. I went through most of it just going by my gut... which meant spending a LOT of time searching episodes for that last clue bottle. But somehow, I think I either managed to find every overworld collectible on my own, or MOST of them, without using a guide. The exception was the masks, which were stuffed away in Job specific maps anyway, and you couldn't check whether you got those until you entered that specific map. So I don't feel guilty about using a guide to help me grab those things.

And hey, since I got all the collectables? Might as well wrap up other trophies like shooting penguins and playing the arcade machines.

Thus, when I finally laid my lips upon Mask and Stripes Forever, I began my slow descent into trophy hunting madness...

Edited by CediFonei

My first platinum was TRINE for ps3 on August 12th, 2012

I saw that my best friend had like 18 platinums, at the time and I was kind of jealous, I hated seeing that 0 mark next to the platinums in my profile on ps3

And I wanted something that I could play with my girlfriend at the same time so I downloaded both 1 And 2 from the store

I then just made a goal to try to surpass my buddy

long story short

I crushed him

Since then I've gotten several platinums on my platinum anniversarys (august 12th)

And I've unlocked atleast 1 Platinum a month, every single month since, that's 43 consecutive months, netting me 110 platinums in the process and still counting

My friend who I was competing against now has 45 plats lol :)

My first platinum was Dante's Inferno. Having just bought a PS3 around that time, I picked the first game that caught my eye. Haven beaten it the first time, I realized I missed some collectibles and tore through the game again. Before I knew it, that beautiful platinum popped up and thus kickstarted my trophy hunting.

My first one was Naruto storm 3, I actually bought my ps3 a few months ago because I really wanted to play Naruto games.

Since my friend had all of them he let me borrow his Naruto storm 3. But then we realized it was the regular edition and we can't fight Kabuto.

A month later I found Full Burst edition at a local store and wanted to surprise him. That's pretty much how I got my first game.

I became more interested in trophies while playing Full Burst and after a while I decided to create PSN account and also got my first Platinum.

My first platinum was the much-maligned Terminator Salvation.  Got the game not too long after buying my first PS3, and since I didn't especially care about trophies back then, it really didn't matter to me.  I play through it on Normal (I think), wasn't impressed by it, and shelved it to go and play whichever other games I was playing back then.  Eventually, I took a look at my trophy collection and decided it might be nice to get a few 100% sets, so I decided to replay Terminator on Hard, since I was going to get rid of it anyway.  Beat the game again, got the platinum, and that was that.  It would be another 4 months before I got my 2nd platinum, but again, I wasn't too fussed about trophies yet.

The first platinum I got was on Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 a long time ago on a diff acc. I was obsessed with HP and loved the series, I read the books and watched all the movies multiple times.. I bought it digitally since years 1-4 were on disk and my ps3 was broken. -_-

My very first platinum was 'Modern Warfare 2' on my old account. I got it back in the summer of 2011. Didn't really know what trophy collecting and all was back then. Every time a trophy popped up I usually didn't pass any remarks to it. But as I started earning more and more it felt good. So I decided to look at the MW2 trophies to see what it was like. The only trophies that were left were the Intel ones, The 69 stars in spec ops and a lot of missable ones like getting a certain amount of kills on a mission. Doing all the intel was a breeze and the missable ones were easy but THOSE SPEC OPS were a PAINNNNN. At the time I had nobody to do them with. So I had to use 2 controllers on certain mission such as the AC130 one. It was so awkward switching from one controller to the other every 30 seconds. Spec ops solo was definitely something I don't suggest anyone doing. Got it in the end. I was only like 12 at the time aswell haha

My first platinum(for this account, anyways) was LEGO Jurassic World for the PS4. No, don't look at me like that. LEGO games are much more involved than you think. But what really made the game for me was the story. In a bold move, LEGO covered all four of the Jurassic Park movies. I had seen Jurassic World in an Eva's Heroes movie event a long time ago, but never touched the original trilogy as I thought it was too violent. Jurassic World is violent but it doesn't show too much blood, and the way LEGO handled it was cute. I really liked LEGO Claire Darling. LEGO figures look the same no matter what they go through, while the real-life actress looked like crap as the real movie progressed. But all in all, this was a great game and I loved playing through the story. Sadly, the PS3 is a bit inferior and glitchy which is why PS4 versions of games are better. It's like the company half-assed the PS3 versions.

How did I get it? Believe it or not, it was the first game I got from GameFly. I had been holding off on using GameFly until I got into my new apartment but eventually I realized that I could rent games and send them back when I was done with them. Sadly, there aren't any more video game rental stores(I miss the good old days of Blockbuster!) and the only local rental process, Redbox, was unreliable, so I got an account. I had put it in my parent's name because I couldn't figure out how to get the right zip code but then I got my account fixed up.

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed 2 was my first platinum. I believe I got it with a Black Friday Bunduru when I bought my second PS3.

Never really knew anything about trophy hunting or communities like this, I thought trophies were just some little bonus and a cool ping sound.

Anyway... I noticed I had pretty much all the trophies for the game and just went for that plat. Too many collectible feathers later and I was looking at my first shiny platinum trophy and my awareness of trophies changed from "that's neat" to "what's next?".

My first plat is from Okami. I got it via PS+ played one walktrough and really enjoyed it. Then i saw that i missed just one trophy (concerning killing enemies from a death list). I was frustrated and began a second walk through. (SNIP)

Ugh, the feeling you get when you realize that you have to do a second playthrough because you missed a trophy is painful. When I went for the PS Vita version of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy I had missed the PS Vita exclusive trophy and had to go all the way back to one minigame to get it! That was 20 hours of play! :(

Since I got my PS3, I played games 'cause I was enjoying them. And my very first Platinum ever to pop was Assassin's Creed 2:

AssassinsCreed2.png

:platinum:Master Assassin

At first, I never thought that I had a big backlog but thanks to this site I got it visible. And then - since the Assassin's Creed franchise is just awesome - it came to the conclusion that any of these games should be my first Plat. The humble beginnings of Ezio Auditore as an assassin got me to that and thanks to that game (I got it as a pre-owned copy from my local GameStop for maybe 15€) I started to realize that this was a thing I searched long for. It only took 3 1/2 years, until September 7th, 2015, to reach this goal.

How I got to that Plat? Well, I was playing and found out that I've got some of the collectable stuff to clear out. Later on I also saw that some of the fun trophies (like Sweeper or Man of the People) were missing - as well as the remaining part of the story, that is. So I decided to get the clean-up trophies first, then take the Plat while beating the game. And that's that - as soon as the story was cleared, the Plat also found its way to my trophy collection.

This also got me to think about trophy hunting to clear the backlog - that was literally the start of my trophy hunting career. So, I just have to say: Grazie, Messere Auditore!

• Like 2

Ugh, the feeling you get when you realize that you have to do a second playthrough because you missed a trophy is painful. When I went for the PS Vita version of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy I had missed the PS Vita exclusive trophy and had to go all the way back to one minigame to get it! That was 20 hours of play! :(

Okami wasn't a problem because i finished the trophies within 7 hours of second walkthrough - and quite the game afterwards :D (okay, spent 80 on the first :facepalm:xD)

Worse was the case for Splinter Cell HD: 7 walktroughs for 2 Gold Trophies (Killing Very Few Enemies and Stealth Walkthrough)  :( All because of a Bug :facepalm: 

It was the Burnout Paradise Platinum and it was a very enjoyable game I taught I would of hated the Online trophies which I kinda still do but I ran into the most helpfully group players so it was a quick and fun time to obtain those trophies.

Edited by Shaowsintzu

My first plat was Persona 4 Golden on the Vita. My brother had his VITA lying around and didn't use it so I went out and got the game. I went for the Platinum just to see if I could get it and eventually did. VITA ended up becoming my favorite handheld after that. 

• 1 month later...

My first Platinum was Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. I have been a fan of the series for so long and when this game came out I wanted to play right away. When I saw the Trophy List for the first time I decided to make it my duty to make this game the very first one to Platinum as the list looked very easy. After playing for two weeks straight the Platinum popped and after that, I felt so accomplished and decided to be a trophy hunter from here on out.

PlayStation: ALL STARS- Battle Royale

(Unfortunately, this platinum was on my OTHER account, llAkii, but I recently made this new account in december 2015 so I have a new 'first platinum', but this is technically my true first)

"How Did You Get The Game?"

Honestly, I got the game on my 16th birthday, 3 years ago. It was an absolutely terrible birthday, bad day, so much arguing and such, but that game made up for it. I'd been dreaming of getting that game for a while and I finally was aloud to get it. So I did. 

"How Did You Get The Platinum?"

Well, I actually played through the game without one bit of being tired. I'm a HUGE InFamous fan so I constantly played Cole. I'm a huge Bioshock fan, so Big Daddy was also my guy, I loved Nariko because I was a huge fan of Heavenly sword, Kratos from God of war, I loved ALL of those characters. I had such a deep love for so many that I just kept playing constantly until one day I was online and I eliminated 3 people with a level 1 on a x3 overtime, and bam, I got the platinum.

I was only 16 mind you, I never even dreamed of getting a platinum, and when I got that, wow, I was like a kid in a candy store.

My new 'first platinum' on this current account was InFamous Second Son, but that story is for another day.

• Like 1

I don't recall what my first platinum was on my first account, but I was pretty indifferent about trophy hunting at the time. On this account, my first platinum was for Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. I loved this game and went out of my way to discover 100% of the collectibles and do every possible thing there was to do in the game. I grinded the multiplayer for a while, and did all of it without any guides. Since I typically like to find a guide or two for games nowadays, this was a little out of character. But games like the Assassin's Creed Franchise really get me amped to trophy hunt, but I've expanded my list of genres.

My first platinum was God of War III. I did not have a PS3 at the time the game came out, but I remember heavily enjoying God of War II on the PS2, and looked up some gameplay to see how the third one was. It pretty much sold me. So two months later on my birthday I received my PS3 and God of War III and LittleBigPlanet as my first games. I enjoyed both to death, but I moved onto other games and started juggling between playthroughs of various games. I decided to go for a Platinum trophy and decided God of War III would be the first game to receive Platinum treatment since I enjoyed the game so much. I now don't go for Platinums as much as I used to, and that is not usually the main focus when I play a game, but if it's a game I thoroughly enjoy, I'll go for the Platinum if it looks like something I could accomplish and not too insane with its requirements. 

Funny thing, is that when playing God of War III for the first time, I sucked a ton on Normal difficulty and changed to Easy at Hades...but when I played the game on Hard, I breezed through the whole game like it was nothing. Very odd but I'm not complaining.

Sheesh.. Well, it didn't happen overnight, that's for sure. When I bought a Vita, it was because I wanted a new portable, and it was more enticing to me than the 3DS. I cared very little for trophy hunting, then, and just beat games on it for the first year and a half. 

When I bought my PS3 on Black Friday, 2013, nothing had changed. I fully intended for the 360 to still be my go to, and would just buy exclusives for it. But then I played a little game called Resistance: Burning Skies. I don't remember if I was trying to get the Platinum, but I had to of been. It's easy, but not a "beat game, get all trophies" game. I liked the game a lot, actually, so that's probably why I completed it. And bought all the rest in the series.

After that one, something clicked, if you couldn't tell. xD I became a trophy hunting addict/Sony fanboy, and my 360 became a designated DVD player. I started buying everything on PS3, and absolutely nothing on Xbox. Started earning more and more Plats, and moving up the ranks. And went with the PS4, instead of the Xbox One this gen, so I could continue feeding my addiction. ;) It didn't help that they tried and failed with the Japanese audience, and getting exclusives like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean IV(at first), and the like was slim to none..

It's like I'm back where I belong, in a way. I went with Xbox last gen, largely because of the $200 price difference. But before that, I had been a long time PlayStation gamer. After NES, SNES, and Gameboy, that is.  :ninja:

Edit: All that text, and I forgot to put how I got it. :/ Not as interesting. Bought it and a few other games from Amazon, when they were on sale around the holidays. Burning Skies, LBP Vita, and Unit 13 for $9.99 each. And FFXIII-2 was thrown in to get free shipping. 

Edited by DamagingRob

For this account it was Wipeout HD.

Easy why. I've been a fan of the series since PS1, infact it was my first game for it. On my old account I played it every week atleast a few hours (I had a PS3 with Uncharted 2) and I'm pretty sure it was one of the only games I collected trophies for. It's one of my fav PS series. I intentionally got it first, it just so happened I started this account pretty much the day before a boost for bling brigade(might of been same evening not sure now) so managed to get a high completion speed too:D (6th fastest)It's one of the only games I fancy adding to my profile from PS3 too (bar remasters Ill play again lol) as I doubt they will remaster it, but I can dream. It's the only game I'd happily stack.

Edited by VitalFury

Here is my story.

I am studying Japanese at evening class and currently sitting my end of year reading/writing exams and I wanted to find a game that I could relax to and still learn Japanese from, it seemed like a win/win scenario.

IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>2 イグニッション・ハーツ

Now I have played through this game multiple times so far after obtaining the platinum trophy because I never understood every Kanji in the game, I mean that is perfectly understandable from a student, so I would play the game and then when I got stuck I would use dictionaries (see my profile) to understand what I was reading better and then repeat and rinse.

This would increase with each play, but a guide is also a good move when you are truly stumped.

For anyone on my friends PSN list they might see me still playing this game occasionally as I keep going back over to learn more Kanji as I go.

For me, the games that I play are both for fun and for learning, they are largely Japanese themed as a result of this.

My PSN name is not new, I just didn't use it, I claimed it before anyone else thought of it.

I do not get loads of trophies at the moment, so my account might look sparse, this does not bother me, game time will come after studying is over :)

I only have 3 more lessons left in this years course... then it is fun fun fun, add me on PSN if you want to.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

• 2 weeks later...

My first plat was uncharted 2

What started out as a general bordom of me looking through my computer i happened to stumble upon either a uncharted 2 gameplay or review but all i knew was that it looked amazing and i had to have it so i begged my mom to get it for me and she came with the game of the year edition evem though i never played the first uncharted and found out about the story i dint really care the story in 2 had me hooked and kept me in amazement throught out

The only thing that i kinda wish i dint do back then was look up a trophy guide for all the collectiables even though it probably wouldve took me longer if i dint do that i wouldve like the challenge and its part of the reason i always look at youtube videos for guides now like a unhealthy obsession

So then i finally played uncharted 1 and 3 and loved both but for me 2 will always be at the top until i get my hands on the uncharted 4 libertalia edition i will probably save it for my 50th or 100th platinum

My first platinum was Bayonetta. I got the PS3 back then and got introduced into trophies by a friend. I was amazed at that time and decided to give them a try. Initially I planned to get FFXIII as the first game and platinum that since I originally got into gaming due to JRPGs. Bayonetta was a random choice but it turned out to be a great action game like the Devil May Cry series. I never played a game more than 2 times or at higher difficulties in the past but in order to get a platinum for this game I have to complete on all difficulties. This gave a new level of challenges and opened my gaming horizon. I was glad to get into gaming and getting trophies at the same time with great enjoyment and experience as one of my interest in life ever since.  

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

platinum.png #1: Jak and Daxter platinum.png

1L9c00f5.png

My first platinum was from a classic game: Jak and Daxter. I've been playing this series along with Sly Cooper and Crash Bandicoot ever since I was a kid. I wasn't even into trophies when I got this, I played it to play it. I'm pretty OCD so I wanted to collect everything in the game. I could play this game a million times over. Never gets old.