Tips for a flawless Hospital Dark World run.

DownloaderBizz

Do you love this game but are having a hard time earning the flawless run trophies? Here I will share some probably already well known techniques that will make things a little easier, specifically for the first 'hard' run 'BLOOD CLOT BOY' which requires you to beat the Hospital Dark World without dying-

*snip*

feel free to add to the topic. I wrote this because the existing trophy guide doesn't explain certain aspects that can be confusing if just watched on video. Im not even sure if im allowed to post this topic due to the existing guide.

Yeah, you can create a thread like this. You can also post a link to this in the guide comments or even ask the guide writer to join as a contributor to add things like these to the guide.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Eh, meatboy being the best character for all levels is demonstrably false considering that later on in the game some obstacles can be completely by passed by "the kid" with his double jump. Also, there were some good video guides using the fly wrench for some more difficult levels for "missile boy" trophy that made it really easy to pass. 

Who wants to read how a level is done? Plenty of iron man video guides out there already.

Eh, meatboy being the best character for all levels is demonstrably false considering that later on in the game some obstacles can be completely by passed by "the kid" with his double jump. 

Its true, my brother took much less time achieving this trophy as he switched to Jill and Kid for certain levels (thats why I emboldened who to switch to if youre having trouble for each level). The point of using meatboy everywhere is to be able to make cotton alley's flawless run less frightening.  

Edited by DownloaderBizz

Eh, meatboy being the best character for all levels is demonstrably false considering that later on in the game some obstacles can be completely by passed by "the kid" with his double jump. Also, there were some good video guides using the fly wrench for some more difficult levels for "missile boy" trophy that made it really easy to pass. 

Who wants to read how a level is done? Plenty of iron man video guides out there already.

Many people prefer text guides to video

• Like 2

Many people prefer text guides to video

lol. Not for this game. There are so many tiny nuances in some of these perfect runs that cannot be easily translated into text. It's seriously way easier to look at the many great video runs that already exist. If you're looking to platinum the game, use the videos, start with levels that are difficult, and don't give up. That's the best advice I have.

Its true, my brother took much less time achieving this trophy as he switched to Jill and Kid for certain levels (thats why I emboldened who to switch to if youre having trouble for each level). The point of using meatboy everywhere is to be able to make cotton alley's flawless run less frightening.  

Hmm, this is a good point. I think enough levels require using Meatboy that you will get used to the character by then. There are a few levels where you don't want to use meatboy for a perfect run. I'd say use Meatboy for just clearing all the levels first, then start switching up characters when you go for perfect runs.

• Like 1

There are so many tiny nuances in some of these perfect runs that cannot be easily translated into text. It's seriously way easier to look at the many great video runs that already exist. If you're looking to platinum the game, use the videos, start with levels that are difficult, and don't give up. That's the best advice I have.

In such cases, text guides can actually be pretty useful in my experience. ;p It's a bit like in N++, where you can actually see people's best replay of a level or episode, there you can turn on a setting to see people's button inputs on screen too. The button inputs can be very useful, because they tell a lot about what the player actually does rather than just what the character in the game does. This can help you perform the different actions much easier.

In such cases, text guides can actually be pretty useful in my experience. ;p It's a bit like in N++, where you can actually see people's best replay of a level or episode, there you can turn on a setting to see people's button inputs on screen too. The button inputs can be very useful, because they tell a lot about what the player actually does rather than just what the character in the game does. This can help you perform the different actions much easier.

Well, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Just as an example, the difference between life and death on Cotten Alley dark level (6-x) is making sure you coast up the wall fast enough, then jump over the spinning gear on the same side of the wall. But the jump has to be a hard jump and you have to coast up just enough to land somewhere in the middle of the two locked key tiles. Then jump across to the other side, but it's sort of a weird jump. Start out as a hard jump, then go soft to land just right on the other side. Then jump to the other side, but not a hard or soft jump (medium jump?), because it makes it easier to start the rapid jumping when the level begins to narrow.

I dunno, I feel like that's a bit hard to understand until you watch it happen on video because you can watch the maneuver happen in real time. If you die a lot you can ask, "Damn, where am I going wrong here?" Then watch the video and see that the person landed on a certain part of the level, twisted the character around to make a sequence of jumping easier, or made the character walk instead of run. Then there's the levels with multiple projectiles, how would you write a guide for that? Watching the route is way easier.

Edited by Beatmania2dxs

Well, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Just as an example, the difference between life and death on Cotten Alley dark level (6-x) is making sure you coast up the wall fast enough, then jump over the spinning gear on the same side of the wall. But the jump has to be a hard jump and you have to coast up just enough to land somewhere in the middle of the two locked key tiles. Then jump across to the other side, but it's sort of a weird jump. Start out as a hard jump, then go soft to land just right on the other side. Then jump to the other side, but not a hard or soft jump (medium jump?), because it makes it easier to start the rapid jumping when the level begins to narrow.

I dunno, I feel like that's a bit hard to understand until you watch it happen on video because you can watch the maneuver happen in real time. If you die a lot you can ask, "Damn, where am I going wrong here?" Then watch the video and see that the person landed on a certain part of the level, twisted the character around to make a sequence of jumping easier, or made the character walk instead of run. Then there's the levels with multiple projectiles, how would you write a guide for that? Watching the route is way easier.

It's easy to understand for someone who has played the level several times and need help making it so they can beat it pretty much every time on first attempt. You usually know what to do, but it's just how to do it and how to make it easy to do it that is important.

Edited by MMDE

I've recorded all my No Death runs and upload them to youtube

for those having problems, you can try watching my videos and the techniques/characters i prefer to use on each level

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsX52vWlQRpOAAgLnVCkrg

I love your Kid run of Hell lightworld, im not too familiar with this character as I want to stick with meatboy for my trophies, but seeing you pass all the elevator and moving platform levels is convincing me to start switching. 

• Like 1

I love your Kid run of Hell lightworld, im not too familiar with this character as I want to stick with meatboy for my trophies, but seeing you pass all the elevator and moving platform levels is convincing me to start switching. 

Thank you so much and good luck! The kid can make your runs a lot easier

Edited by LucasDiasC