Trophy thoughts?

DJROE95

Prefer the Vita list by a mile /: trophy names are better with lots more references and puns, and the list is less lazy with no plethora of "Use this, this, and this in free play". Got it preordered on PS4 but will likely get the vita version too, especially since its open world on Vita this time.

Edited by Kurisu
  • Like 2

Couldn't agree more with what you said :)

I am starting to perfer the vita LEGO games over the console counterparts, I'm simply renting the ps4 version this time round but will be keeping my vita copy in the collection ;)

Edited by DJROE95
  • Like 2

There was an interview a few days ago, or a blog post or something, where one of the main guys behind the portable versions of the Lego games straight up said this is going to be pretty well the same game as console, but with a couple of exclusive challenges and shit.

I already doubted his story, but thanks to this trophy list, I don't have to wait until a week or two after release to find out if he was bullshitting or not.

Here's the blog post http://videogames.lego.com/en-gb/community/blog/2016/blog20160121

Edit: I forgot to put my thoughts on the list down, that's just my thoughts on the situation. I think the list is disappointing because for a little bit there I was actually hopeful the portable people would get the same Lego game this time around. You know, like back in the day, Star Wars 2, Indiana Jones, and Batman on PSP for [insert chosen deity here]'s sake. I'm more than fine with the portable versions being different if they're actually good still, but I've played pretty well every Vita Lego game (I have Hobbit up there unplayed but I still have it) and for the most part they're shit...on top of that, Batman 3, Marvel 1, Batman 2, and some other ones, including Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, are all on Android for 5 bucks. Which is fitting, because if what this trophy list tells me is true, that it is yet another lazy portable job for Lego, then good, because all the previous Vita Lego games are only worth 5 bucks.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

There was an interview a few days ago, or a blog post or something, where one of the main guys behind the portable versions of the Lego games straight up said this is going to be pretty well the same game as console, but with a couple of exclusive challenges and shit.

I already doubted his story, but thanks to this trophy list, I don't have to wait until a week or two after release to find out if he was bullshitting or not.

Here's the blog post http://videogames.lego.com/en-gb/community/blog/2016/blog20160121

Edit: I forgot to put my thoughts on the list down, that's just my thoughts on the situation. I think the list is disappointing because for a little bit there I was actually hopeful the portable people would get the same Lego game this time around. You know, like back in the day, Star Wars 2, Indiana Jones, and Batman on PSP for [insert chosen deity here]'s sake. I'm more than fine with the portable versions being different if they're actually good still, but I've played pretty well every Vita Lego game (I have Hobbit up there unplayed but I still have it) and for the most part they're shit...on top of that, Batman 3, Marvel 1, Batman 2, and some other ones, including Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, are all on Android for 5 bucks. Which is fitting, because if what this trophy list tells me is true, that it is yet another lazy portable job for Lego, then good, because all the previous Vita Lego games are only worth 5 bucks.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would observe that of the LEGO games on your list, the only ones you have completed are the Vita versions, and the PS3/PS4 stacks of Marvel. The other console versions are incomplete.

This is endemic of the problem - people clamor for more content, but often don't really use it anyway.

Personally I prefer the Vita versions, as the have most of the main game content, without the repetitiveness of the open world hub - which Marvel was the worst for, there was so much in the hub, but after the first few encounters, it was really just the same old, same old.

As for this game and the trophy list, I'm going to say it is a more varied list and certainly a harder list, than the console equivalent. There are very few story trophies - only 3. The rest are action specific. This is a much slower list, as 5-6 hours in you probably only have a couple of them done. Once you finish the story you can earn a chunk quickly, but unlike the console list, where everything is just use X character, this requires some work - certain types of kills, combo moves etc. It is actually a much more creative list.

But, and this is a big but, the hub sucks. It is washed out, glitchy, woefully underpopulated, and has horrendous camera controls. I would like to give it credit, but it is clear that the Vita can't handle it, and while it is, for all intents and purposes, the full Manhattan hub from the main game, it is a relatively miserable experience.

It will certainly make the plat harder, as finding the collectables is painful (there is no map assist or red brick for the majority of the hidden items), but it detracts from the rest of the game, which is notably shorter.

I will stop short of saying it breaks the game, but it feels like they catered to the criticism, probably from people who wouldn't buy the game anyway but used it as an excuse. Those of us who enjoyed the change of the Vita vs console versions, will probably not like this. So they may ultimately further lose sales.

Hopefully this is the last hub in a Vita game.

• Like 1

It will certainly make the plat harder, as finding the collectables is painful (there is no map assist or red brick for the majority of the hidden items), but it detracts from the rest of the game, which is notably shorter.

My collectibles map will save us all once I find the last few things I need.  :D

• Like 1

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would observe that of the LEGO games on your list, the only ones you have completed are the Vita versions, and the PS3/PS4 stacks of Marvel. The other console versions are incomplete.

This is endemic of the problem - people clamor for more content, but often don't really use it anyway.

Personally I prefer the Vita versions, as the have most of the main game content, without the repetitiveness of the open world hub - which Marvel was the worst for, there was so much in the hub, but after the first few encounters, it was really just the same old, same old.

As for this game and the trophy list, I'm going to say it is a more varied list and certainly a harder list, than the console equivalent. There are very few story trophies - only 3. The rest are action specific. This is a much slower list, as 5-6 hours in you probably only have a couple of them done. Once you finish the story you can earn a chunk quickly, but unlike the console list, where everything is just use X character, this requires some work - certain types of kills, combo moves etc. It is actually a much more creative list.

But, and this is a big but, the hub sucks. It is washed out, glitchy, woefully underpopulated, and has horrendous camera controls. I would like to give it credit, but it is clear that the Vita can't handle it, and while it is, for all intents and purposes, the full Manhattan hub from the main game, it is a relatively miserable experience.

I will stop short of saying it breaks the game, but it feels like they catered to the criticism, probably from people who wouldn't buy the game anyway but used it as an excuse. Those of us who enjoyed the change of the Vita vs console versions, will probably not like this. So they may ultimately further lose sales.

Hopefully this is the last hub in a Vita game.

I agree with most of what you've said, short of a couple things. Mostly though, look at Lego Marvel, you know I've plat'd all the versions of it. PS3/4 are the same, but the Vita version isn't even remotely similar. Entirely different gameplay and camera and style and levels and level structure and narrative and graphics and everything. I don't mind them deviating from the console versions a bit but when the two versions aren't even identifiable as remotely similar then why bother releasing them as the same game. Well, actually, fair point Dylan, Marvel Vita did release with a subtitle, indicating it's difference, but still. Anywho, the main problem is that the portable games are so clearly made for 3DS and then just copy pasted on Vita and that doesn't necessarily make them bad, it just makes them smaller. If smaller is your thing, then awesome, lucky you, but it's not my thing and that's where my distaste for it stems from. It's not 2002 anymore, we're not trying to make a version of a PS2 game on the Game Boy Advance nowadays, we have serious portable hardware capable of delivering a serious portable experience but instead we get Lego Marvel Vita selling for 50 bucks. The reason I brought up the phone prices is because at that price, these side games are fun and well worth the money, even 10 bucks, but when released as a full fledged, full priced game on a portable system, they're a bitter disappointment, especially in comparison to the portable Legos of yesteryear for PSP.

Also, here's why my Lego lists are how they are, just, I don't know, to explain myself I guess, I don't know.

1. PS3 Bats 2, LotR, Harry Potter, and Pirates ... not only am I not very interested in those franchises, and definitely nowhere near enough to plat them, I just borrowed them a couple of times from a friend who was way more into the Lego games than me. I personally stopped finding them fun, aside from Marvel, after Lego Indy 1.

2. Star Wars 3 I was fully intending on platting when I went into it...but the game disappointed me so much I didn't even want to play it, let alone plat it. Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 have stolen so many hours of my life, I'm a decently big Star Wars fan, and on top of that I actually liked Clone Wars (and fucking LOVE Rebels), but for some reason, this game just didn't click with me.

3. The reason I've done a bunch of the Vita ones is because I got my girlfriend into them for a while when PS+ gave out like 3 of them. I'd play through the stories which was more my thing, and then she'd play a bit of the free roam and stuff and then I'd do a bit and we'd go back and forth, they got done because she liked them not because I did. Up on the shelf I have copies of Bats 3 and Hobbit on Vita but since we sold our Vitas she's lost interest it seems, doesn't dig the idea of playing them on the PS TV.

4. Last one, I did Marvel on PS4, then the girlfriend bought me the Vita version because she knew I'd never pay that much for it because I'm the cynical cheapskate I am, and then finally she bought the PS3 version for herself (at this point we weren't living together and she only had her PS3) which I would borrow and replat. Lego Marvel was a blast, maybe it's because I have a certain affinity for a certain arachnid powered man, maybe... Also notice that he's not in Lego Avengers, and that I've not rushed out to get Lego Avengers day one.

• 4 months later...