Mighty no.9 delayed a 3rd time lmao.

Daniel_Shadow170

As always, I can't help but feel sorry for backers.

Also, the delay was for network functions. That's something that could be added in later.

I don't know. Better they do it really well the first time around, and that the network functionality is there when "everyone" gets the game.

It's annoying that they waited only two weeks from release to announce this. I can't believe that they would have only just realised they're going to need another few months of development.

I wonder how long ago it would've been cancelled if they had only gotten the amount of money they asked for.

Isn't one of THE most successful Kickstarters of all time? How much money do they need?

Fucking Christ I hate Kickstarter. Too many people just scamming it because it's not their money at risk neither is it anyone "important's". Hot tip guys: it's not general development difficulties, it's them dicking around with YOUR money and wasting it on useless nonsense/embezzling it, and the game itself is suffering for it due to the mismanagement/misappropriation. At least they're not like Lab Zero and complaining that they're not getting enough of YOUR money without any sort of guarantee that they will even deliver it or if it will be of any quality, if Mighty No. 9's consistent downgrades are anything to go by. 

I bet you if the Mafia funded the game they wouldn't be delaying it this much (in fact from what we've seen so far it'd probably be better) or wasting as much of the money as they are. 

• Like 1

What really pisses me off about this, is that the game is done. The ONLY thing they're working on is the online. And to be completely honest, that shit doesn't matter, and there's absolutely no reason for them to be delaying the game like this for such a small feature. They could easily just remove the online options, release the game, then patch in the online once it's done. It's such bullshit.

This delay only proves that most developers are not good at dealing with the PR side of game development. All the discontent on this thread and on the internet was caused by the development team telling, the general unwashed masses who know nothing about all the work it takes to develop a game, too much of the wrong information.

The developers were given $3.9 million to make Mighty no.9 and most people think that a lot of money, but for game development since the PS1 era no it's not. $3.9 million is a little over 4x as much money as they asked for, but when you think about it that may not have been enough to make all content they promised with the stretch goals.

The base game they were going to make for $900,000 was a PC only HD mega man game with maybe 10 levels and a final boss. That I could have seen them making, but once all those stretch goals where added they didn't think about all the problems those stretch goals could add to the development of the game until it was too late. If you haven't looked at all the stuff that was added to this game via stretch goals go look again. The extra levels and modes was a bad idea, but porting Mighty no.9 to all those other systems and releasing them at the same time is the worst idea they made. Even the Shovel Knight developers were smart enough not to do that. 

Mighty no.9 will most likely be the mega man that the developers promised every one, but that won't be enough to satisfy most people. Because once people put their own money into something they will never be satisfied.

Kickstarter and crowdfunding in general is slowing, but surely proving the big bad evil publishers were right all along about developers and gamers. Without a strict publisher most developers can't make the games they are supposed to in the time they are given and gamers don't really know what that want half of the time and the other half they just complain.

• 2 months later...

First I thought there would be another delay-announcement. Good, that this is not the case.

I find it quite disturbing that at first they literally spammed an update every week, then moved to a monthly wrap-up post and since last October they became rather silent and posted only two Kickstarter-updates. And when I look on the official site, Twitter and Facebook I see the last update as the one from January. Great.

Sometimes I wish devs would be as honest as the ones for Hyper Light Drifter. They at least mention that it was idiotic to consider an online-mode stretch goal:

Third: some of these goals are still in the works, such as the art book with featured artists, the b-sides album (Disasterpeace is just finishing his pass on the actual OST to be released SOON).

We did miss some things, for different reasons:

• Coop: we made a hard decision very late in production that it was just too unstable to ship with this feature. We plan to tackle this soon, and if we do end up with a great version of it, will release it down the line as a free patch for everyone. It requires a fair amount of play testing and bug fixing that just wasn't possible within our timeline.

• Online Challenge mode: this is nightmare feature to implement. We decided to avoid delaying the game any further and drop any network integration. We feel it was the best call, as we have seen other games get delayed by months for a feature that is not vital to the core experience.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/1534048

Wonder if they referenced games like MN9 with this statement.  xD

... GameStop existed back in 2001? Also i read 0.00 twice O_o"

Well Electronic Boutique has been around since 1977. I remember visiting EB Games when I was a kid in the 90s. But yeah, people who preorder games are giving their money in hopes that companies release the game as advertised. I never really understood giving money (whether it is 5$ or 70$) months or years in advance for a game that you don't know is going to be any good or not.