Project Platinum: Dynasty Warriors (old->closed)

Xionx

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Platinum

1. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
  2. Dynasty Warriors 7
  3. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires
  4. Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
  5. Dynasty Warriors 8
  6. Warriors Orochi 3
  7. Arslan:The Warriors of Legend
  8. Samurai Warriors 4
  9. Samurai Warriors 4 Empire
  10. Samurai Warrior 4-II
  11. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Still in progress

1. Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends

Impossible to plat (thanks to certain ad-hoc trophies)

1. Dynasty Warriors Next
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2016 at 3:18 PM, Xionx said:

HWimP7b.png

Hide contents

Dynasty Warriors 7

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtrem Legends

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtrem Legends

Dynasty Warriors Next - Coalition Mode S Rank

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn

Warriors Orochi 3

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Samurai Warriors chronicles 3

Samurai Warriors 4

Samurai Warriors 4-2

Arslan:The Warriors of Legend

Guides for Samurai Warriors 4 and Samurai Warriors 4-II were published not too long ago.

Also, my 12th plat with Samurai Warriors 4-II :D 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, acasser said:

Are you going to add Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers to this PP now that it's out?  Even if it's an sRPG take on the series and nobody has yet to platinum the North American version?

...And are you also going to be adding "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk"? Its a Dynasty Warriors game but with the Berserk licence. It's out in Japan already, and will be releasing worldwide at the end of this month.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Xionx said:

Everything updated. 

Added Games , Plat rank is now 22 games and gold 11+ . No change for ranks because in gold everyone has 11+ already.

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk

Damn I completely forgot that I platted Arslan: The Warriors of Legend just a couple days ago until I saw this in My Content. :facepalm:

That would be plat 13 for me. :P 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to be a few hours before my profile updates, but I just picked up my 8th platinum in this challenge a short while ago.  It's not enough to promote me another class, but it can serve to update the number next to my name way above.

The eight in question:  DW-6 Empires, DW-Strikeforce, DW-7, DW-7 Empires, DW-8, DW-8 XL, DW-8 Empires, DW: Godseekers.

And yes, the last one is every bit as grindy as other Dynasty Warriors platinums.  Just a different style of grindy.

5 minutes ago, acasser said:

And yes, the last one is every bit as grindy as other Dynasty Warriors platinums.  Just a different style of grindy.

Overall would you recommend the game? I am interested in the different style of gameplay but I honestly didn't do too much research into the game.

Any bugs/glitches? I'm assuming like any other Musou/Warriors games there are no missables.

Also, estimated time to plat? I play really slow so most of them take me between 100-200 hours lol. (I also co op and controller swap with my brother)

33 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Overall would you recommend the game? I am interested in the different style of gameplay but I honestly didn't do too much research into the game.

Any bugs/glitches? I'm assuming like any other Musou/Warriors games there are no missables.

Also, estimated time to plat? I play really slow so most of them take me between 100-200 hours lol. (I also co op and controller swap with my brother)

Think of Godseekers as "Dynasty Warriors meets a relatively generic Strategy-RPG".  If you've played other SRPGs, you'll get a similar experience, although Godseekers doesn't do anything remotely innovative or groundbreaking.  It's simply the experience of creaming tons upon tons of faceless peons re-imagined in a different genre.  It's an okay game, but I hesitate to call it more than that.  And I'm not going to go back to playing it again.

I haven't found any bugs or glitches and I haven't heard about any.  There aren't missables, and there isn't even the need for challenge or creativity to get all of the weapons.  There's no need to perform certain challenging feats on high difficulty levels.  Heck, there's not even a need to turn the difficulty up above "Easy" -- although not using Ultimate difficulty to grind out sufficient SP to fill every Skill Board will lengthen the process substantially.  You do have to beat the game twice for one trophy, and you'll need NG+ to finish the Paths of Destiny requirements that can't be done in a fresh start for other trophies and unlockables.

I clocked in at 101 hours (plus a little change) for the Platinum.  I imagine a dedicated player looking to push things down could get it into the 80-90 hour range, but there really isn't a shortcut for the excessive grinding for the trophy for Skill Boards.  You've got 63 characters to maxx out when it's all said and done.

I probably wouldn't recommend anyone pay "full price" for this title -- it was $60 if I recall correctly.  I especially wouldn't recommend it for SRPG enthusiasts because they'll be disappointed with how simple and shallow the gameplay tends to be (and because the storyline isn't really anything more than "meh" on top of that).  But if/when it eventually goes on sale for a pretty fair discount, it's not the worst way to spend money on PSN at that time.

Once I recharge my batteries a little bit and work down some of the other titles I have "in progress", I suppose it's time to pull Samurai Warriors 4 out of my backlog pile.  B)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, acasser said:

Think of Godseekers as "Dynasty Warriors meets a relatively generic Strategy-RPG".  If you've played other SRPGs, you'll get a similar experience, although Godseekers doesn't do anything remotely innovative or groundbreaking.  It's simply the experience of creaming tons upon tons of faceless peons re-imagined in a different genre.  It's an okay game, but I hesitate to call it more than that.  And I'm not going to go back to playing it again.

I haven't found any bugs or glitches and I haven't heard about any.  There aren't missables, and there isn't even the need for challenge or creativity to get all of the weapons.  There's no need to perform certain challenging feats on high difficulty levels.  Heck, there's not even a need to turn the difficulty up above "Easy" -- although not using Ultimate difficulty to grind out sufficient SP to fill every Skill Board will lengthen the process substantially.  You do have to beat the game twice for one trophy, and you'll need NG+ to finish the Paths of Destiny requirements that can't be done in a fresh start for other trophies and unlockables.

I clocked in at 101 hours (plus a little change) for the Platinum.  I imagine a dedicated player looking to push things down could get it into the 80-90 hour range, but there really isn't a shortcut for the excessive grinding for the trophy for Skill Boards.  You've got 63 characters to maxx out when it's all said and done.

I probably wouldn't recommend anyone pay "full price" for this title -- it was $60 if I recall correctly.  I especially wouldn't recommend it for SRPG enthusiasts because they'll be disappointed with how simple and shallow the gameplay tends to be (and because the storyline isn't really anything more than "meh" on top of that).  But if/when it eventually goes on sale for a pretty fair discount, it's not the worst way to spend money on PSN at that time.

Once I recharge my batteries a little bit and work down some of the other titles I have "in progress", I suppose it's time to pull Samurai Warriors 4 out of my backlog pile.  B)

I'll take all of this into consideration. I wasn't paying full price for it anyways lol. I pretty much despise digital unless it's the only way and I will likely never pay full price on a digital title. I'll wait for a good sale on it. 101 hours isn't bad considering I clocked in 198 on One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 recently. :facepalm: 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

Platinum

1. Arslan:The Warriors of Legend
  2. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
  3. Dynasty Warriors 7
  4. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires
  5. Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
  6. Dynasty Warriors 8
  7. Warriors Orochi 3
  8. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
  9. Samurai Warriors 4
  10. Samurai Warriors 4-II
  11. Samurai Warrior 4 Empire
  12. Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada

Still in progress

1. Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
  2. Dynasty Warriors Next (damn ad-hoc trophies)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Still the same level as before, but now I have 8 plats instead of 6:

DW7

DW8

DW6:E

DW7:E

DW8:XL

DW:Strikeforce

DW: Gundam 2

Warriors: Legend of Troy

Looking to get to that gold tier.

I want that Gundam 2 plat so bad lol. Still kicking myself for selling it after not being able to find matches online. (especially since it was a gamble I wasn't fond of taking anyways)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I want that Gundam 2 plat so bad lol. Still kicking myself for selling it after not being able to find matches online. (especially since it was a gamble I wasn't fond of taking anyways)

Yeah. I kept it, and "bought" a 2nd copy at Gamestop. I had two PS3s, so I just self-boosted. After that, I just took back the copy to Gamestop. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  Got my 9th Platinum in this Project Platinum last night.  Doesn't change my rank, but it's still nice to get that grind out of the way.

The nine in question:  DW-6 Empires, DW-Strikeforce, DW-7, DW-7 Empires, DW-8, DW-8 XL, DW-8 Empires, DW: Godseekers, Samurai Warriors 4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...