post the hardest thing you ever did in your entire gaming life

yiazmat50112254

the meaning of this topic is very clear of course as you can see in the topic's name, but this are the specific details:

* it is about a specific thing, so platinums and 100% don't count  (posting it next to it is no problem. it even makes it a better answer, just don't ONLY post it)

* the hardest thing can be everything you want (except above) so this mean it don't have to be literally hardest, but also time consuming, a thing with a lot of missables, very boring stuff and whatever you may think off.

* the hardest thing can change of course, so editing your previous answer is no problem, but if you forget or don't want to change your answer is no problem too.

so if you are reading other people's posts keep in mind the answer of that person can also be changed.

*posting the reason why is not neccesary but make the answer more clear

so here is my answer:

my hardest thing is killing the ethereal queen within 10 minutes and deal the deathblow with lymle in star ocean the last hope  (so4)

this is because

getting to the ethereal queen will take about five hours and you can't save in the wandering dungeon what means if you fail what probably will happen multiple times you can do everything again. and even if you kill her but don't do it within 10 minutes or you didn't it with lymle you are forced to play it over again because if you save it and fight it again she is double as strong, you literally can't kill her in 10 minutes. and lymle is a fairly weak character because the strong moves she can are elemental and the ethereal queen is immune to all elements. also you can't see a life bar, so you have to switch to lymle when you guess she is almost death. i succeeded with this but it took me six times, and because you lose much after playing five hours for nothing, after the first time i losed this it was enough reason for me to don't play it for a year, so doing it five times after it took much stress, it was the hardest thing i ever completed in the entire gaming and i game for around 10-15 years.

about my hardest platinum/100%:  i think my hardest thing until now is getting the platinum of dragon age origins (i have 6 plats)

the reason is quite easy it's just because it is the hardest platinum i have until now (and platinums have all kinds of reasons what makes them hard. however i can say it took the most time of my platinums and it have a lot of missables.

that's everything, so have fun with posting :)

• Like 2

Uncharted 3 100% ...Thanks to my late PSN friends who helped me with competitive modes , especially DarthAcaelus 3TDM  which  was beyond my skill , and coop treasures . CRobertC and ProfessorSkully thanks to those guys i got my last cursed treasure Ottoman Bracelet ,during my boost at Chateu , after a Month of frutless matches . Also huge thanks to RULER2009 and RULER2010 with Overseer trophy .   As for my individual playing it would be GT5 platinum , i had to giltch Vettel challenge . All on DS

Trophy Wise; i would normally say P4A, but since i got the perfect strats and could execute them very well, the SA ended up as an huge grind. Combo Crazy would be something worth to say, that this one would be my hardes Trophy i did. Other then that, Trophies can't compare in anyways of some certains DMC4 WR's, like M18/DMD 1.2 Millions, which requires a lot of knowledge, using a glitch to get into a secret stage perfectly and 100% luck is needed for getting the right stages you need to gain enough Stylish PTS, or that the saviour doesnt kill his support. I remember to this very well, that this WR took me 2 full weeks to get. And just for knowing, i did this run when i was in this time, damn good,- one of the bests DMC4 players., not sure how to say it like not to stay here as an ignorant guy. lol.( http://i.imgur.com/yYGTiFN.jpg) - FINALFANTASY-VS did an awesome job there! Hard way to beat ya ;]

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-

Currently, doing the Master Ninja run on Ninja Gaiden Black. It makes me want to rip my soul out and give it to the gods.

Beating Uncharted 2 on Crushing. It was brutal man ;-;

Not difficulty related, but rather morally.... killing the Colossi on Shadow of the Colossus.

Searching for heist members in GTA V, especially on ps3. We had a 3 man crew so we always had to invite a random player from a random lobby. Because the matchmaking was so bad, this took ages and took away a lot of fun.

But gaming wise, I think the hardest thing was a combat challenge in Batman: Arkham Asylum called "Shock and Awe (Hard)". This was the last thing I had to do for platinum and it took me a very long time before I finally got this. It was a huge pain in the ass.

AgcbMHH.jpg?1  wVETK2B.jpg?1

These were the hardest things I've ever done in gaming. Brutal is a very high difficulty mode that was added to the Uncharted games in their remastered versions for the PS4. You die VERY quickly. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I knew that I would either beat Brutal in a totally legit way or I wouldn't at all. It never crossed my mind using the golden guns (that I didn't even have) or any kind of other cheats. My brutal playthrough was a 100% legit playthrough. And I'm so proud of it! The hardest part, was, definitely, chapter 4, especially the plane wreck section. Overall, brutal was very hard, but it always felt manageable. I actually enjoyed brutal a lot and I'm glad I beat it without using the trick that allows the player to activate cheats. It would have definitely ruined my experience. Of course, I needed an enormous amount of love and patience, but my love and patience are unlimited when it comes to Naughty Dog's games!  :lol: 

To have my 100%, I also had to complete a speedrun of the entire game in under 2h30m. Considering the game, normally, takes 6-8 hours to beat, I was very apprehensive at first. However, this wasn't that hard, but I was so nervous! I was a nerve wreck, because it was the first time I was speedrunning through an entire game and I would have to start over from the beginning if I failed. I did lots of stupid stuff during my speedrun, because of how nervous I was, but, in the end, I actually achieved the required time, with still more than 10 minutes left!

I had never felt so good about winning a couple of trophies! This experience made me love Uncharted even more! I still have to complete brutal and the speedrun on both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 Remastered and I'm looking forward to it. I'm just playing The Last of Us for the ninth time, before I return to Uncharted again! 

• Like 1

Let's see, I'd have to say either:

1. Persona 4 Arena's Score Attack Mode - I'm [still] currently working on this, and it's just awful. One wrong moment and you're back at the beginning. Just ugh. (Challenge Mode I found to be pretty easy however.)

or

2. Demon's Souls (Getting the Last Ring) - One of the last trophies I needed for this game happened to be the "Collect all the rings" one. I had every single ring, minus one (I believe it was the friendship ring, but don't quote me on that). To get it, you had to completely switch all the worlds to being white, and the player had to be white as well. It takes more than one playthrough to completely shift the world if it was black - as nearly all of mine were. That was downright awful and time consuming, all for one ring that I didn't even use.

Skill-related: beating the Gradius spin-off Life Force with not too many deaths (5 deaths total). Boy, that stuff is NUTS! NUTS I tell you! Many hard plat requirements today pale in comparison with that. Boss patterns are tough to learn, the scenery can kill you in a second, etc.

Skill-related number 2: Contra III with 3 lives, another freaking hard game that will pulverize you over and over at first. One shot to you and you lose a live. Classic hard stuff.

Gut-wrenching: Red Dead Redemption: going out of the barn at the end of the game. I won't say more cuz of spoilers.

• Like 1

For me, it's easily the GT4 A-spec challenge (although I didn't actually finished it, since I only got 11.669 of 111.813 possible points, 5 one-make races away from the max..) As far as I know I'm one of the few (if not the only one) that tried to do it while keeping the pointless 100% win rate as well as the person that got closest to finish it without actually finishing it (less then 20 people finished it according to the subforum for it on GTPlanet)

GT4_Status.jpg

It was a 1-year+ journey, where the hardest (or at least memorably hard) things where Mazda MX-5 Tsukuba 4 hours, since it was nerve wreaking and had to be flawless (actually had to do it twice, because of a mistake 3 hours into the race..), and Nurburgring 24 hours.. run over 3 days with me afraid of power outages (no mid-race save..) and with nearly nerve wreaking conditions, ending up with a gap of less then 2 minutes for 2nd place after 24 hours.. 

Really can't think of trying anything more brutal then that challenge.. and don't think that anything I did for trophies comes close to it (although, I think I did got some somewhat hard trophies..).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

AgcbMHH.jpg?1  wVETK2B.jpg?1

These were the hardest things I've ever done in gaming. Brutal is a very high difficulty mode that was added to the Uncharted games in their remastered versions for the PS4. You die VERY quickly. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I knew that I would either beat Brutal in a totally legit way or I wouldn't at all. It never crossed my mind using the golden guns (that I didn't even have) or any kind of other cheats. My brutal playthrough was a 100% legit playthrough. And I'm so proud of it! The hardest part, was, definitely, chapter 4, especially the plane wreck section. Overall, brutal was very hard, but it always felt manageable. I actually enjoyed brutal a lot and I'm glad I beat it without using the trick that allows the player to activate cheats. It would have definitely ruined my experience. Of course, I needed an enormous amount of love and patience, but my love and patience are unlimited when it comes to Naughty Dog's games!  :lol:

To have my 100%, I also had to complete a speedrun of the entire game in under 2h30m. Considering the game, normally, takes 6-8 hours to beat, I was very apprehensive at first. However, this wasn't that hard, but I was so nervous! I was a nerve wreck, because it was the first time I was speedrunning through an entire game and I would have to start over from the beginning if I failed. I did lots of stupid stuff during my speedrun, because of how nervous I was, but, in the end, I actually achieved the required time, with still more than 10 minutes left!

I had never felt so good about winning a couple of trophies! This experience made me love Uncharted even more! I still have to complete brutal and the speedrun on both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 Remastered and I'm looking forward to it. I'm just playing The Last of Us for the ninth time, before I return to Uncharted again! 

...and here I thought Crushing was a pain in the butt. Yeah, probably won't be going after it when I buy the Remastered editions of the first three Uncharted games.