Thoughts?

PipeSwinger

yes, Im going to.

When I heard the announcement I thought this game wouldn't be any good, since they most likely spent the most of the budget on the big name, sebastien loeb, as usual in such games.

So I bought WRC5, got the Platinum, and swore myself to never put it into my PS4 again - WRC5 is bullshit.

Then the SLRE-Demo came out which was surprisingly good. 

I had a few thoughts about it, and if I would rather wait till Dirt Rallye. But I'm going to buy them both. The SLRE-Demo is quite fun, so it's going to span a bridge to Dirt.

I played the demo version on PS4 and I was quite disappointed. Idk if the PS4 controller is totally wrong in this game (and consequently the racing wheel is a must-buy), 'cause I tried all cars available (Abarth 500, Toyota Celica and Citroen DS3) and it was very difficult to keep 'em on track without crashes on Sanremo track. First, I tried using 'em without any electronic aids and it was just...awful. Understeer or oversteer anytime I pushed to throttle. Then, after countless retries, I decided to put on all driving aids and the feeling of cars on the ground was a bit different, but not enough to say "I'll buy this game, it's a must buy".

The only rally game that (maybe) I'll buy it's Dirt Rally. It seems much more driveable with a controller.

Edited by Killjoy_21

This game (demo) with a controller is an absolute joke. I can't ever stop the car from falling of the track. I'm still going to buy this because I love racing games. On a more positive note, this game looks to be an insanely easy platinum!

you should take a look at WRC5, which ist as pretty easy platinum too!

Edit: as i see, you already did :D

Edited by Der_Mugar
  • Like 1

Thoughts on what, exactly, the trophy list or the game?

I watched 2 raw gameplay videos of Darin Gangi from Inside Sim Racing playing 2 stages of this. I don't know if it was on PS4 or PC but I could tell straight away that the graphics looked pretty ordinary and the game sounds were terrible. It just sounded very digitised. Darin's driving looked... uncomfortable. It might have been his first runs on the stages, or with that car, but this is a sim racing veteran and you could tell he was having trouble coming to grips with the game engine.

I later found out this was developed by Milestone, so my original conclusions came as no surprise. Every WRC game made by them was terrible. It's no surprise they lost the official WRC license. So many good rally game over the years. They had big shoes to fill and they pushed out 2nd rate titles, banking on the license to sell them. If I found this game in a bargain bin later this year for $25AUD I would get it, but certainly not for the price they're asking now.

If I had the choice between buying this or DiRT Rally, sight unseen, I would probably go with the Codemasters title (as much as they're on my shit list).

Every WRC game made by them was terrible. It's no surprise they lost the official WRC license. So many good rally game over the years. They had big shoes to fill and they pushed out 2nd rate titles, banking on the license to sell them.

Milestone themselves actually opted out of making any further WRC licensed games due to the tight brand restrictions that the franchise has.

Plus having played WRC 5 (made by Kylotonn), I thought it was much worse than any of the games that Milestone made. It's pretty substandard.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently playing this game and i find it quite good. You have to change you camera-view cause driving with the full car in sight is just awful. Other than that the physics are ok, and the game has good enough content for hours of gameplay. The Sebastian Loeb Experience mode is nice for hardcore rally fans. And the platinum is easy. Currently aiming for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 05/10/2016 at 6:57 PM, Methild said:

First 2-3 hours were a pain but now when i learned how to drive... i really enjoy this game. Easy platinum is just a matter of time:)

Yes, with this game you really need to understand how the cars react.

Not intuitive like WRC old/new serie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...