Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection help.

Sooo about the bean game....I'm on the last Robotnik level and I thought I understood the concept but I guess not. I get a high score while he has a low score and yet he still manages to fill my screen with freaking garbage beans! I can rarely get a single bean on his side! I had like 2,000 to his 400 points and there still managed to be more garbage beans on my side than his! I'm not sure how this is possible. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I match the beans in fours and they disappear but he still fills my screen with six beans almost every time that somehow manage to block my next best chain move. Can you control where to drop the beans on the opponents side? He sure can. When I do manage to get a few beans on his side he just makes them all vanish in the cheapest ways and I really just want to throw my controller at him. I did manage to fill his screen with beans just once and he somehow still managed to get back to the bottom! Does anyone know a good strategy for this? I've looked up a few but have had no luck with them. Can a strategy even be applied here or is it just luck based? Thanks for any help in advance.

I don't think you can control where the bean things go on his side.

Only strategy I used when I went for this trophy was not worrying about what he did and not looking at his side. Just concentrate on what you're doing and you'll beat him.

• Like 1

It's not so much score as large combos. The bigger combo you get, the more rocks you'll send over to him.

^This

Don't worry about your score, it's all about filling the other screen up with beans. You need to concentrate on setting up combos and also hopefully you'll get lucky and get some good chains unintentionally too, Also you didn't mention it so I'm assuming you're not using it so make sure to save the game when you're doing well, that time you had Robotniks screen filled you probably should have made a save state to give you many more chances at beating him.

If you don't how to save, press select and then you'll see it in the menu, you can literally save at any point so if you wanted to you could make a save every time you get a good chain or just feel like you're doing particularly well.

Hope this advice helps in anyway and good luck  :wave:

Edited by SilentBun
  • Like 3

i was worried myself attempting this challenge, maybe took 5 tries? my strategy was laying down the beans to connect just to avoid hitting the top and praying eggman would fill his too high to recover.

long story short, i finished this game in under 8 hours (plat and all) it felt good despite the long trophy drought.

I thought this one was very easy, and I've actually done it more than once. The trick is basically to press the XMB button IIRC. This will pause the screen and you can see what's on it and plan ahead. You don't need big combos or anything like that, just make sure you clear enough at a consistent speed. This will dump a lot on Robotnik all the time, and they won't be able to pretty much clear anything and losing pretty quickly. Not clearing anything means you won't get a lot of annoying dumps too! :)

• Like 3

• 4 years later...