No Wii U version. Troubling for Nintendo?

Precise--Rhythm

It just occurred to me that there is no Wii U version of this HD remake of Resident Evil Zero. That is sad. What was once an exclusive for the Nintendo Gamecube is now on rival platforms alone. Has Nintendo fallen behind this much--that no publisher will bring any game to the Wii U, even if it once proudly found its home alone on the old purple box? Is Nintendo dead and irrelevant? What do you guys think?

It's probably because of the Wii Us low install base and Nintendo's audience. Most people who buy Wii Us buy them for Nintendo games.

I could see why it's upsetting though that some 3rd parties are moving away from them. The more baffling example being another RE game. Revelations 2, the sequel to a game that was originally a 3DS game is nowhere to be seen there and is even on the Vita. lol

• Like 1

Pretty much what Blue Flare said. 

Compared to the PS4 and Xbox One, the Wii U has a small install base. Not surprising since the console sold like 10 million units compared to the PS4's 36 million. Also, people are mainly buying a Wii U for exclusives such as Smash Bros. 4, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8. That's the reason why I originally bought the console during its launch period. But in the end, it's sad that both REmake and Zero didn't make to the Wii U, maybe the NX?

It just occurred to me that there is no Wii U version of this HD remake of Resident Evil Zero. That is sad. What was once an exclusive for the Nintendo Gamecube is now on rival platforms alone. Has Nintendo fallen behind this much--that no publisher will bring any game to the Wii U, even if it once proudly found its home alone on the old purple box? Is Nintendo dead and irrelevant? What do you guys think?

Oh come off it, that's just baiting now. Oh no, Nintendo are fucked, the Wii U didn't get Resident Evil Zero! As far as Resident Evil games go it isn't exactly the most high profile. It along with REmake also got ported to the Wii as well, so maybe they didn't see the point? Although yes, it is a bit silly that it isn't on there but I don't think that's a massive cause for alarm. I think them not getting Revelations 2 though was worse. I mean maybe not the 3DS but come on the Wii U got the first one, guys. 

Oh come off it, that's just baiting now. Oh no, Nintendo are fucked, the Wii U didn't get Resident Evil Zero! As far as Resident Evil games go it isn't exactly the most high profile. It along with REmake also got ported to the Wii as well, so maybe they didn't see the point? Although yes, it is a bit silly that it isn't on there but I don't think that's a massive cause for alarm. I think them not getting Revelations 2 though was worse. I mean maybe not the 3DS but come on the Wii U got the first one, guys. 

It's still baffles me how people can defend the Wii U's crippling status. The only reason it's relevant is because of Old Nostalgia titles and the highly waited Bayo 2. I ALMOST bought a Wii U just for Bayo 2. Same as how I bought a New 3ds for MH4U and that was almost 10 months ago now. Still only has that game and Persona (which I bought the same day too, seemed nice to have 2 games at any moment since MH4U was never in stock over here I bought it digital). 

What killed the Wii U was the inability to recognize that while motion controls where kinda cool, no one seriously wanted them included in every game. Had they gone back to a real controller without depending on that iPad ripoff and focused more on a better console (34 gb is reaaaaaaaally small. Ps3 on launch was what? 20 or 40 the smallest?) the Wii U would have been this generation's Xbox 360 that launched a year/ year and half earlier and was a big contender all through it's lifespan.

Edited by MxWhiteKnight

It's still baffles me how people can defend the Wii U's crippling status. The only reason it's relevant is because of Old Nostalgia titles and the highly waited Bayo 2. I ALMOST bought a Wii U just for Bayo 2. Same as how I bought a New 3ds for MH4U and that was almost 10 months ago now. Still only has that game and Persona (which I bought the same day too, seemed nice to have 2 games at any moment since MH4U was never in stock over here I bought it digital). 

What killed the Wii U was the inability to recognize that while motion controls where kinda cool, no one seriously wanted them included in every game. Had they gone back to a real controller without depending on that iPad ripoff and focused more on a better console (34 gb is reaaaaaaaally small. Ps3 on launch was what? 20 or 40 the smallest?) the Wii U would have been this generation's Xbox 360 that launched a year/ year and half earlier and was a big contender all through it's lifespan.

Oh no I'm not defending that at all I'm just saying that it's not exactly alarm bells that the Wii U didn't get Resident Evil Zero (as those bells had been going off well before this), plus there's already a way to play it on the Wii U anyway. 

This is what is going to bite Nintendo in the ass when the NX releases. Can't get any 3rd party companies to care enough about their console.

Meanwhile, Sony has the opposite problem with the Vita. 3rd party supports it and it gets no first party love. Yet somehow, my backlog for it keeps growing, and growing, and growing...