Challenge Trophy

PSX_Trepie

I finally got the trophy after rage quitting several times. I think this was the worst thing I've done on my ps4 yet. The game was awesome, but this challenge ruined it a little. But I was never so relieved in my life when I finally got it. 

Also here are a few tricks I used, that make the challenge a little easier:

• I set my tablet up on a table to take a picture of the fourth puzzle after I finished it (thanks to yashtur)
  • And I also positioned my phone on the table to make a video after the labyrinth. 
  • I walked slowly around both pillars and put my ps4 into rest mode afterwards (pause or home screen doesn't work)
  • I then drew those two puzzles from the video on paper and solved them 
  • Tripple checked my solution and the video if it's really correct
  • Turned my ps4 back on and solved the puzzle 
Edited by neluba5

I finally got the trophy after rage quitting several times. I think this was the worst thing I've done on my ps4 yet. The game was awesome, but this challenge ruined it a little. But I was never so relieved in my life when I finally got it. 

Also here are a few tricks I used, that make the challenge a little easier:

haha

Nice hints.

There we go, challenge done! I was doing it blind without realising the 4th puzzle was the map for the maze room ( :facepalm:), probably attempted about 5 or 6 times before I realised. Did it on my first try after that by just quickly scribbling the path down on a piece of paper. I found the triangle and the wrap-around puzzles just 'clicked' with me somehow and I managed to solve them first time, the major puzzles I had issues with were the tetris shape puzzles but there was only one of those fortunately. Getting my February platinum in nice and early.  :)

Had to check how to get into the challenge room though, I had solved almost all of the other panels in the secret mountain area wondering where this 'challenge room' was, ha.

• Like 1

Guys, quick question to clear things up. I just activated my 11th laser and climbed the mountain, opened the plate, and started my way down the stairs. I looked up, saw the thing bellow the box, activated it and went down. What now? Shoud I finish the game first? Will I be able to do the challenge after that or? Not sure how save game works in this game or how the challenge works after you fail it? Is there some kind of restart, or you just walk to the begining and start it again? I really dont want to end up in a situation of starting a new game just for the challenge.

Guys, quick question to clear things up. I just activated my 11th laser and climbed the mountain, opened the plate, and started my way down the stairs. I looked up, saw the thing bellow the box, activated it and went down. What now? Shoud I finish the game first? Will I be able to do the challenge after that or? Not sure how save game works in this game or how the challenge works after you fail it? Is there some kind of restart, or you just walk to the begining and start it again? I really dont want to end up in a situation of starting a new game just for the challenge.

After you finish the game you can reload and be right outside the end door and continue solving puzzles.

As for the challenge, the line under the yellow box lights up a yellow wire so try following that.

Edited by GiantLaughingMan
  • Like 1

For those of you wondering, I just got it, the rows of three puzzles only have one solvable one; look for the patterns that make one unsolvable. Two colors crossed in diagonal are impossible:  Black White

White Black

Also Three different colors on a wall like Green White Blue are also unsolvable

I'm at the "challenge" now, and holy crap.  Must have spent 3 hours on it last night, still haven't finished.

Trying to find the triangle puzzles inside the maze kills what time I have left.  I've only gotten to try the pillars once due to running out of time in the maze trying to find both triangle puzzles.

Also, a question about the challenge:

Do the 3 panels on the ceiling in the 3 spots actually serve a purpose? 1 above music box, 1 above entrance to maze, 1 above locked vault door.

Sorry if someone answered this already.

A puzzle you solve BEFORE returning to the maze after activating the music box gives you the locations of your puzzles in the maze. (They'll be represented by orange dots.)

The three panels above the music box tell you the time you have left to complete the challenge. 

As far as I know no guide will help because every panel required for obtaing challenge trophy is random and they change every time you try again :(

This guide DOES help a bunch.  

( I didn't use guides throughout the main game, but damn did I need it for the Challenge.)

You can actually extend the time you have for each puzzle by however long you want, by taking a screenshot of the puzzle, and putting your PS4 in Rest Mode. This is the only way to stop the timer from going, and all the while you can take your time to finish the puzzle. If it sounds like cheating to you, don't do it, but I know I'm planning on using it if I don't pull it off after 10 legitimate tries.

I might consider using the "trick" above.

I'm going to try legit a bunch of times, in hopes I get some easily solvable puzzles. I've tried 3 times so far, the first time I didn't even make it to the 3 option panels. Second time, I made it and was just about to head to the maze and the music stopped. Third time, I made it into the maze, but got stuck on the second puzzle. So I think it's definitely do-able after some practice.

I think if you can make it to the maze by the time, In the Hall of the Mountain King starts to play, then you've made good time. Then you've got 2 minutes 30 seconds left for the rest, which should be more than enough.

But might need to play this with the sound off, as I start to panic when In the Hall of the Mountain King starts to play. ;)

Definitely use R2 to make the line go faster, especially on those first few panels.

Edited by DysectorZA

To bad, he should have disabled suspend mode for this game. Now this trophy is a joke. And it was never "impossibly hard". You just need other skills to be good in this game. Well, at least cheaters will never get the same feeling after having solved that challenge :)

To bad, he should have disabled suspend mode for this game. Now this trophy is a joke. And it was never "impossibly hard". You just need other skills to be good in this game. Well, at least cheaters will never get the same feeling after having solved that challenge :)

I finally did it. But there is such a big luck factor still. The difficulty of the puzzles varied widely and upon my success the pillar puzzles were surprisingly simple compared to previous runs. I even had quite some spare time. So the feeling of achievement is still relative and I don't know if I feel so much better than if I had cheated. In fact, I did a bit by taking a picture of the 4th maze on each run. i found the triangle puzzles already hard enough that I didn't feel like having to memorize the maze.

Especially if you then see the sleep inducing reward (seriously Jon Blow ?!) I would never feel too bad about cheating :P.

I finally did it. But there is such a big luck factor still. The difficulty of the puzzles varied widely and upon my success the pillar puzzles were surprisingly simple compared to previous runs. I even had quite some spare time. So the feeling of achievement is still relative and I don't know if I feel so much better than if I had cheated. In fact, I did a bit by taking a picture of the 4th maze on each run. i found the triangle puzzles already hard enough that I didn't feel like having to memorize the maze.

Especially if you then see the sleep inducing reward (seriously Jon Blow ?!) I would never feel too bad about cheating :P.

I watched (listened?) that whole thing through, hoping something cool would happen / be revealed at the end of the monologue. Why did I even bother.

That said, it certainly gave me some cool facts I can use next time I gotta impress people :P

Haha, respect for that! I gave up after it become clear how much longer it would run.

He starts his speech about a solar eclipse and a few minutes later you start seeing the moon move over the sun and realize this will go through until full eclipse :P.

BTW just read about the final challenge also unlocking another 'extra' puzzle which is quite painful to achieve..

It involves that final video

Edited by ViperHD