is this game easy now?

Lonemankane

I agree with all the above. DOA5 Vanilla is crazy difficult to plat. DOA5U is much easier with DOA5LR much easier than DOA5U. If you plat DOA5U, then a good amount of the trophies Auto-Pop in DOA5LR. I can personally confirm this as I just recently got the plat for LR.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 28/01/2016 at 3:31 PM, Tomoko Kuroki said:

There's nothing easy about it. The hard part is doing survival on the last 4 difficulties, beating 100 enemies in a row. It's absurdly difficult. The 1000 online matches can be afk boosted, you set the time to rematch to 3 seconds and leave controller and ps3 on overnight, it will auto choose characters and timeout the rounds.

That's a pathetic way to get the online matches trophy. I feel sorry for those looking to try and play against someone only to end up with the same idiot trying to get a trophy without even being there. Kinda defeats the point of playing the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Hold your horses, Geronimo! This game is seven years old and the online mode was dead shortly after release. There is no other way to obtain this trophy. Besides, you haven't even played the game.

By the way: Why was this thread necro'ed in the first place?
@Beyondthegrave07

For people presently playing this game, as well as those considering doing so, the subject matter is still relevant.

14 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Your comment didn't add anything useful to this thread, nor has the difficulty of this SEVEN years old games changed.

Wrong. The patches released for this game in it's "SEVEN" year lifespan have actually made the platinum-breaking Survival mode harder. My initial comment merely confirmed to late-adopters that the platinum difficulty is still just as high as it ever was.

If, as you imply, users shouldn't be commenting on older threads, then shouldn't those threads be locked by the site moderators? If the subject matter of a thread has a present day relevance (the game page confirms that people are still playing this game) and the thread is open for comments, then users are free to comment as they wish.

Edited by SukkarPunch

for like over a year now, survival master is still the only trophy i need for the plat, as is the case with many others im sure lol

still trying from time to time but ii really suck at fighting games in particular, my record is reaching round 76 on just the 5th difficulty (out of 8...) and that took ages to get there

i dont really care about platting every single game i play that much anymore but it's more about the challenge, i hate putting down a game just bc i couldnt beat a challenge, plus i really like do like fighting games even though im not good at them, and i really like dead or alive so im having fun which is most important

im not gonna practice the survival mode in this version anymore bc i was like what am i doing practicing survival mode in the ps3 version when i can just play the latest version on ps4 with the graphical upgrades and the tons of extra content and costumes and have more fun in that one. so im going to get the ps4 version soon as well as doa6 which ive already bought last week, and just practice survival mode there until i beat them and then hopefully i can transfer those skills over to the ps3 version and beat it there

it bothers me how so many people claim FF9 jump rope is impossible when trophies like this exist...jrpg fans (and im one) on average have no idea what 'hard' is...

anyway ive been mainly trying with lisa not because she's apparently the easiest to do it with but bc she's one of my fav chars along with ryu, ayane and elliot which i also use a lot, but lisa seems to be the best to do this with for casuals like me, my problem is i just cannot for the life of me get those stupid quarter cirlce/half circle inputs going, in any fighting game so ive come up with my own combos which are actually pretty decent but the problem sometimes a really aggressive opponent will jump in and just wreck me in 2 secs

Edited by MeteoraXV
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MeteoraXV said:

for like over a year now, survival master is still the only trophy i need for the plat, as is the case with many others im sure lol

still trying from time to time but ii really suck at fighting games in particular, my record is reaching round 76 on just the 5th difficulty (out of 8...) and that took ages to get there

i dont really care about platting every single game i play that much anymore but it's more about the challenge, i hate putting down a game just bc i couldnt beat a challenge, plus i really like do like fighting games even though im not good at them, and i really like dead or alive so im having fun which is most important

im not gonna practice the survival mode in this version anymore bc i was like what am i doing practicing survival mode in the ps3 version when i can just play the latest version on ps4 with the graphical upgrades and the tons of extra content and costumes and have more fun in that one. so im going to get the ps4 version soon as well as doa6 which ive already bought last week, and just practice survival mode there until i beat them and then hopefully i can transfer those skills over to the ps3 version and beat it there

it bothers me how so many people claim FF9 jump rope is impossible when trophies like this exist...jrpg fans (and im one) on average have no idea what 'hard' is...

anyway ive been mainly trying with lisa not because she's apparently the easiest to do it with but bc she's one of my fav chars along with ryu, ayane and elliot which i also use a lot, but lisa seems to be the best to do this with for casuals like me, my problem is i just cannot for the life of me get those stupid quarter cirlce/half circle inputs going, in any fighting game so ive come up with my own combos which are actually pretty decent but the problem sometimes a really aggressive opponent will jump in and just wreck me in 2 secs

I'm not the best at fighting games either, but they're my favourite type of game too. I was fortunate enough to be around in 1992 when the genre-defining Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II exploded onto the gaming scene, as well as the numerous Neo-Geo beat-em-up franchises that followed as a result, and have been playing/following them ever since.

Dead or Alive is a fun franchise and the game mechanics have a lot more depth and complexity than it's given credit for. It sounds as though you'll likely enjoy the sixth instalment. The overall presentation is top-notch and the gameplay is as solid as ever, although the whole multiple Season Pass costing for costumes has gotten plain ridiculous. I can recommend the extra characters though, Mai Shiranui in particular handles really well if you're already familiar with her playstyle and moveset.

As you say, many players are stuck with a 97% completion rate on this particular title, and likely will be for the forseeable future. The furthest I've managed to get on Legend difficulty so far is 97, although I haven't gotten anywhere near that since. Deleting the patches can definitely help you progress further, as the a.i. counters aggressively from much earlier on with them installed.

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

We prefer threads to be "necro'ed" than a new one opened.

Thank you, that is exactly what I thought.

Edited by SukkarPunch
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, SukkarPunch said:

I'm not the best at fighting games either, but they're my favourite type of game too. I was fortunate enough to be around in 1992 when the genre-defining Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II exploded onto the gaming scene, as well as the numerous Neo-Geo beat-em-up franchises that followed as a result, and have been playing/following them ever since.

Dead or Alive is a fun franchise and the game mechanics have a lot more depth and complexity than it's given credit for. It sounds as though you'll likely enjoy the sixth instalment. The overall presentation is top-notch and the gameplay is as solid as ever, although the whole multiple Season Pass costing for costumes has gotten plain ridiculous. I can recommend the extra characters though, Mai Shiranui in particular handles really well if you're already familiar with her playstyle and moveset.

As you say, many players are stuck with a 97% completion rate on this particular title, and likely will be for the forseeable future. The furthest I've managed to get on Legend difficulty so far is 97, although I haven't gotten anywhere near that since. Deleting the patches can definitely help you progress further, as the a.i. counters aggressively from much earlier on with them installed.

Thank you, that is exactly what I thought.

holy crap 97 on legend is pretty much almost there! keep at it! you say you're not the best lol well your profile says otherwise...i dont wanna put myself down too much because tbf i only have a collective 100-120hrs or experience in all of the fighting game genre (most of it from this game haha)

i actually know what i need to do, is focus on really mastering just one or two main characters, that also helps with confidence, my problem is i play fighting games super casually and like to rotate characters a lot, resulting in me never getting good with any character and limiting my potential progress. it's fun that way but that way i just never learn anything. also the newer versions of DOA5 have full fledged tutorials and combo challenges that the vanilla version is sorely lacking so im really gonna put a lot more work into those

Edited by MeteoraXV

14 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I just looked at your profile... Geez, you really like your fighters, don't you? :P

Haha, yeah, I guess I do ?

35 minutes ago, MeteoraXV said:

holy crap 97 on legend is pretty much almost there! keep at it! you say you're not the best lol well your profile says otherwise...i dont wanna put myself down too much because tbf i only have a collective 100-120hrs or experience in all of the fighting game genre (most of it from this game haha)

i actually know what i need to do, is focus on really mastering just one or two main characters, that also helps with confidence, my problem is i play fighting games super casually and like to rotate characters a lot, resulting in me never getting good with any character and limiting my potential progress. it's fun that way but that way i just never learn anything. also the newer versions of DOA5 have full fledged tutorials and combo challenges that the vanilla version is sorely lacking so im really gonna put a lot more work into those

Thanks for the encouragement, mate. I'll definitely keep plugging away at it, at least until I either beat it or lose the urge to try. Give me a good old-fashioned, hard-as-nails combo challenge any day over lengthy, hellish difficulty survival modes!

You're absolutely right about the Tutorial and Combo Challenge modes, they can teach you a lot about your favourite characters, as well as gaining a better understanding of the potential tactics utilised by the a.i./human players when facing characters that you you won't ever use.

Edited by SukkarPunch
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

I haven’t seen this being discussed, but I’d like to add that the costumes and characters are much more easier to unlock now than before. I have 74 titles and I have already unlocked Alpha, who requires 300 Titles. 

Apparently, the workaround is to play 300 Ranked Matches post-patch. All the costumes, including Story, are unlocked after every 10 Ranked Matches played. 

To sum up, it is significantly easier to boost and get all the grindy stuff with the Online Matches, as you don’t even have to win them. The hardest thing still remains though, that being Survival. Though with these shortcuts, I’d say it no longer warrants a 10, but a 8.5 or a 9. You no longer have to play a guessing game of RNG on Survival for the Swimsuits and other costumes. Nor, do you have to grind an abnormal amount of titles. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/5/2020 at 1:41 AM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I haven’t seen this being discussed, but I’d like to add that the costumes and characters are much more easier to unlock now than before. I have 74 titles and I have already unlocked Alpha, who requires 300 Titles. 

Apparently, the workaround is to play 300 Ranked Matches post-patch. All the costumes, including Story, are unlocked after every 10 Ranked Matches played. 

To sum up, it is significantly easier to boost and get all the grindy stuff with the Online Matches, as you don’t even have to win them. The hardest thing still remains though, that being Survival. Though with these shortcuts, I’d say it no longer warrants a 10, but a 8.5 or a 9. You no longer have to play a guessing game of RNG on Survival for the Swimsuits and other costumes. Nor, do you have to grind an abnormal amount of titles. 

I'd say it's still a 10/10 because of survival alone

• Like 1

ive been playing DOA5LR and DOA6 regularly in the past months, just for fun, mainly survival and pvp

im terrible at fighting games but i actually cleared the Master course in survival yesterday night in DOA5LR so now all that's left is Legend

you dont get a trophy for it there but it's just for fun and personal challenge

the biggest hurdle is think is clearing Champ bc it's the first course where you have to clear 100 rounds and it's daunting but once you do that, True Fighter and Master follow quite well

it's been ages since i played DOA5 vanilla but i think survival in LR is way harder bc of the presence of Raidou and Jacky, but i might be wrong, also if what ppl say is true and the patches made DOA5 harder then it can be assumed that LR CPU is based on that higher difficulty, but who knows, im not an expert

i might go back and plat DOA5 once i clear Legend in LR

might record a vid too of how i did bc i had to come up with my own combo/battle flow since i couldnt use other methods that are out there and for me anyway what im doing seems actually way easier and casual-friendly but i have to really confirm it first

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD
  • Like 1