King's Fall PSNP Raid Sherpa/LFG list

Asuka Langley

Currently I'm in the process of writing a new guide for Destiny's TTK and a key component of that guide is to be this list. Basically all we really need is people who are willing to run others through The Kings Fall to post here and then be listed below so that anyone reading the guide that needs you can come here, get your ID then send you a message, however this does call for a few rules:

- This post will keep changing for a while whilst I add bits I've missed ect, apologies -

Firstly, the use of the word rude constitutes said people having their heads so far up their ass during the raid that it's unbearable, constant snootiness or shit talking outside of the raid about said group - oh yeah, we've had that before.

RULES FOR SHERPAS

Sherpas, the said Archangels of the Destiny community, end game players who'll carry you to the end of anything no matter what.

• You are expected to know what you are doing throughout the majority of the raid without much help

• You are expected to treat new players of the raid with respect, while those who've already been rude to new players could've been listed before the list even starts, they'll be given a clean slate.

• If you are rude to newcomers, LFGs or other Sherpas then you'll find yourself put onto the list of shame and no longer be applicable to take requests for carries through the raid, while this'll be more of a loss to the lower levels than the actual sherpas and high LFGs themselves we like to promote more friendly players on our site, as opposed to complete utter assholes who don't help with the raid at all and just shout at team members

• TO QUALIFY AS A SHERPA you'll also need high end gear, we're talking over 310 for Normal and around 315-320 for Heroic to ensure that you've either ran Osiris, IB or the Raid on Heroic successfully to prove your worth to us, however you'll still need to have ran the raid at least once and know what you're on about before we can 100% confirm you as a sherpa - This method will be decided later on to ensure we're not incorrectly marking Sherpas

RULES FOR LFGs

It's impossible for a Guardian to face the final wave of Taken alone, but not everyone has that group of friends... Alas, a new way to find friends to pull you to the end.

• We're looking for people to add to our LFG section who regularly raid and will keep on regularly raiding, if you just want to find someone to run the raid with once then as opposed to adding yourself to the list, message one of the people on the list instead.

• You are expected to treat new players of the raid with respect, while those who've already been rude to new players could've been listed before the list even starts, they'll be given a clean slate.

• As mentioned before in the Sherpa rules: If you are rude to newcomers, other LFGs or Sherpas that're in your group then you'll find yourself put onto the list of shame and no longer be applicable to send or take requests for the raid, while this'll be more of a loss to the lower levels than the actual sherpas and high LFGs themselves we like to promote more friendly players on our site, as opposed to complete utter assholes who don't help with the raid at all and just shout at team members.

• While we don't expect all LFG's to know 100% what they're doing and are more lenient than the Sherpa category, we ask that all LFG's are at least aware of the gear that they are meant using for the raid... From personal experience my team has been put with a guy who didn't use his black spindle at all and only told us he had it when we got to Golgoroth on Heroic

RULES FOR EVERYBODY IN REFERENCE TO ENFORCING THE LIST INTEGRITY

• If you contact a Sherpa or LFG, do NOT send them a blank friend request, this'll more than likely see you ignored by whoever you send it to as most messages are, we reccomend that to prevent your message being misunderstood as spam or a random that you add a small message into the request, if you have concerns that somebody is spamming you with requests, block them then send a message to me with their ID, if I receive 3 or more messages with the same ID being claimed to spam, then a notice will be sent to all LFG's and Sherpas to add the ID onto their block list

• We cannot police on rude or bad Sherpas and/or LFGs without being in the game with them ourselves, however if you manage to get evidence that the Sherpa themselves are intentionally failing segments in the raid, being rude to members of the raid team and/or trolling for a majority of it, upload it and then private message the evidence to one of the list moderators and we'll handle it from there as fast as we can.

• If you decide that you NO LONGER WANT TO BE AND LFG OR SHERPA then either PM one of the list mods again or make a post, we'd prefer a message as it's a lot easier to see than a post on the topic itself if it gets clogged up with posts

To sign up, just fill out this form - I'll check to do the lists every few hours for the first day or two, then it'll slow down a bit from there depending on what happens.

PSNID:

Console: (If you're able to do PS3, put it here - though there isn't a PS3 list yet)

Light Level:

Class/Subclass:

Malice?: (Yes/No - The Touch of Malice is essential for DPS against Oryx and the Sisters, though you need to run the raid at least once to be able to get it)

Timezone:

Best Time to Raid: (Time/Days)

Sherpa or LFG: (Sherpas will be tested as soon as possible)

IT IS AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED YOU HAVE A MIC, BUT IF YOU DONT PLEASE PUT IT AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF YOUR POST.

LIST OF SHERPAS

Sir_Bee [PS4] : Light 312, Void Hunter (Voidwalker) or Solar Warlock (Sunsinger), Has Malice, EST - 8PM weekdays and Weekends

cdrcouey [PS4] 317/318, All Hunter or All Warlock, Has Malice, EST, Evenings after 9PM

LIST OF LFGs

LIST MODERATORS

Lilly [zR_DoWnLiNkZ]

Edited by i_KiLL_TR8rZ

I don't understand this:

Console: (If you're able to do PS3, put it here - though there isn't a PS3 list yet)

There isn't a list for PS3? It's the same list as the PS4. Unless I misunderstood your statement?

And what makes this thread different from the ones that get locked everytime? You are one of the oldest members of the forums and I doubt you overlooked something so basic, so I'm supposing that I'm the one to do that. From what I understood, you are asking pros to enlist themselves for carrying, isn't that right? I already have a charity thread for stuff like that too.

EDIT: my question is basically "What does this thread has to avoid it will become a 'pls carry quidfell rat' begging thread?".

Edited by TheYuriG

And what makes this thread different from the ones that get locked everytime? You are one of the oldest members of the forums and I doubt you overlooked something so basic, so I'm supposing that I'm the one to do that. From what I understood, you are asking pros to enlist themselves for carrying, isn't that right? I already have a charity thread for stuff like that too.

This isn't a two liner "oh i need help" thread (I don't actually need help if you take a look at my list and the fact that I've almost finished the raid with my team on heroic, but though that this'd come handy to those who do need help and look to the forums first instead of gaming sessions)

If I thought there was a strong enough chance for this to get locked then I wouldn't have spent so long figuring out the rules ect for it to all come together. I'm aware of your charity thread, however I personally haven't seen it for a while and it's put in a more general area as opposed to this which is a lot more present to those who need help on destiny - I mean, come on its where they'll probably look first - and should prevent the need for people to make their own "I need a team" thread and brings them all together. Think of it as an easier to find extension of your charity thread. Though I'll leave it to Stevie to decide as I can see him taking a look down below :ninja:

I think that he means that there isn't a list for Sherpas and LFGs on PS3 yet; just PS4.

^ This

Edited by i_KiLL_TR8rZ

*snip*

This is very similar to my thread "No Experience Required"

I had kept that running before Christmas, but people seemed to have lost interest.  I am happy that someone else is trying to start it again.  You can use some of the people from that list here as well.

I would like to point out that your rules to be a sherpa are pretty steep.  I have lead over a dozen people through the raid, even lead some through on hard, and I don't meet your criteria.

That being said, if you need a sherpa on your list, I can join in.  Let me know.

PS4

LL: ~312 (I think)

Class: Voidhunter, or Solar Warlock

Malice: Yes

Timezone: EST

Best Time: Evenings around 8pm or weekends

Sherpa (done it several times already)

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

I think that he means that there isn't a list for Sherpas and LFGs on PS3 yet; just PS4.

And there is one for the PS4 where?

This isn't a two liner "oh i need help" thread (I don't actually need help if you take a look at my list and the fact that I've almost finished the raid with my team on heroic, but though that this'd come handy to those who do need help and look to the forums first instead of gaming sessions)

If I thought there was a strong enough chance for this to get locked then I wouldn't have spent so long figuring out the rules ect for it to all come together. I'm aware of your charity thread, however I personally haven't seen it for a while and it's put in a more general area as opposed to this which is a lot more present to those who need help on destiny - I mean, come on its where they'll probably look first - and should prevent the need for people to make their own "I need a team" thread and brings them all together. Think of it as an easier to find extension of your charity thread. Though I'll leave it to Stevie to decide as I can see him taking a look down below :ninja:

Eh, I know you don't need help since you are almost done. I'm still kinda lost on understanding the point of this, I don't believe this is something that will work on trophy forums. I've held the Flawless Raider sessions for PS3 (yes, I know, less populated) for months and didn't get many people and after some were done, they left. Destiny can't hold the attention of people for long IMO so I don't think you can have a sherpa for over a month before he gets bored and move to something else without posting here that he wants to leave the list. I'll leave mentioning the waste of messages out.

But hey, seems like you have you have a greater goal with the guide thingie, but I think you should have your space to do your thing.

Good luck everyone that takes part with this.

This is very similar to my thread "No Experience Required"

I had kept that running before Christmas, but people seemed to have lost interest.  I am happy that someone else is trying to start it again.  You can use some of the people from that list here as well.

I would like to point out that your rules to be a sherpa are pretty steep.  I have lead over a dozen people through the raid, even lead some through on hard, and I don't meet your criteria.

That being said, if you need a sherpa on your list, I can join in.  Let me know.

I might lighten those rules up then, but at the time of writing them we'd come across quite a few Sherpas who'd have no idea about quite a few parts of the raid then decide to treat us like complete shit - no names though, I did say there'd be a clean slate. That being said the high light level is to reassure people that the Sherpas do infact have the experience that you'd expect them to have and the knowledge of how the raid works - part of the process to accept sherpas if we ever come to one will be getting them to explain how a part of the raid actually works, as well as what you'd tell the newbies as the "false method" to have a little bit of a laugh with the raid group such as summoning the warpriest and the running section before the sisters.

When I read your post the first time it was up, I didn't think of it as an actual list but you saying that you'd like to help people which was my bad, though I trust in your ability to Sherpa because of that and will be adding you to the Sherpa list if you wish, though I'll need you to fill out a form so I can list your light and everything though if that isn't too much trouble - you can find it in the original post.

Eh, I know you don't need help since you are almost done. I'm still kinda lost on understanding the point of this, I don't believe this is something that will work on trophy forums. I've held the Flawless Raider sessions for PS3 (yes, I know, less populated) for months and didn't get many people and after some were done, they left. Destiny can't hold the attention of people for long IMO so I don't think you can have a sherpa for over a month before he gets bored and move to something else without posting here that he wants to leave the list. I'll leave mentioning the waste of messages out.

But hey, seems like you have you have a greater goal with the guide thingie, but I think you should have your space to do your thing.

Good luck everyone that takes part with this.

You just posted twice on the list for the one on PS4 :P

Whereas I believe you would've done the flawless sessions on Crota's End, this is a much more popular raid to run as it's the newest which means higher drops and I assume some of the destiny pros on the site who play thoroughly would be interested in taking part. Given people will move on, but as soon as something new gets announced they'll find their way back and the Sherpas will be needed again, hence they'll more than likely be the first to clear the new content as they'll have the higher levelled gear and better knowledge of the game - though I'm sure the next release will probably be Destiny 2.

I might lighten those rules up then, but at the time of writing them we'd come across quite a few Sherpas who'd have no idea about quite a few parts of the raid then decide to treat us like complete shit - no names though, I did say there'd be a clean slate. That being said the high light level is to reassure people that the Sherpas do infact have the experience that you'd expect them to have and the knowledge of how the raid works - part of the process to accept sherpas if we ever come to one will be getting them to explain how a part of the raid actually works, as well as what you'd tell the newbies as the "false method" to have a little bit of a laugh with the raid group such as summoning the warpriest and the running section before the sisters.

When I read your post the first time it was up, I didn't think of it as an actual list but you saying that you'd like to help people which was my bad, though I trust in your ability to Sherpa because of that and will be adding you to the Sherpa list if you wish, though I'll need you to fill out a form so I can list your light and everything though if that isn't too much trouble - you can find it in the original post.

Didn't I already do that?

I have to agree with Yuri on this though, I think you will find this will either be a revolving door (people coming and leaving all the time) or you will not be able to fill the lists after a short time.  That is what happened in my thread.  I had small interest, but not enough to even fill a single run after a while.

I had one for 2 months or so in 2015. No Experience Required

• Like 1

I think this is a good idea. I attempted King's Fall for the first time last week and 3 of us had never done it before. We got to the final fight with Oryx before rage quits by 2 of the experienced players. You can't yell at people who don't know what to do and I think that this thread will help people get the raid finally finished.

Because that's on reddit and this, as you may have noticed, isn't reddit?

For someone who's meant to be quick on the draw... you're really slow to pick up the concept

It seems that Reddit is more likely to have more players both willing to Sherpa and a larger base to maintain the continuity of said Sherpas.

LOGIC BOMBED

It seems that Reddit is more likely to have more players both willing to Sherpa and a larger base to maintain the continuity of said Sherpas.

LOGIC BOMBED

Redit has a larger userbase for everything though?  So using your logic, this forum should not exist, nor for that matter should any other forum exist?  We should just have everyone signed into 1 forum and have that be the end of it.

Seeing as that is not how the world works, this post is effective for people who do not have reddit accounts (I am one of them).  I am sure that you could find almost any post ever made to this forum on some other forum as well, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist here.

• Like 1

Redit has a larger userbase for everything though?  So using your logic, this forum should not exist, nor for that matter should any other forum exist?  We should just have everyone signed into 1 forum and have that be the end of it.

Seeing as that is not how the world works, this post is effective for people who do not have reddit accounts (I am one of them).  I am sure that you could find almost any post ever made to this forum on some other forum as well, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist here.

It would really help with having to look at multiple sites for information :P

The point being that the above Reddit has a larger userbase for the specific population this thread is targeting.  Now if this was like one of the other help threads (made to help people looking for trophies in said game) it would make more sense in the context of this forum.  However, as a thread dedicated to raiding it's more of a tangent that doesn't mesh well with PSNP whereas it meshes much better with a Reddit dedicated to that very purpose.  No Reddit account really? What about no PSNP account?  Let's be reasonable now.  

In an attempt to make point clear, it's like going to Rotten Tomatoes (first thing to pop in my head) for advice on how to get all the trophies in Destiny or going to PSNP for a review on the latest movie release.  While you can do it; you're better off looking somewhere else.

It would really help with having to look at multiple sites for information :P

The point being that the above Reddit has a larger userbase for the specific population this thread is targeting.  Now if this was like one of the other help threads (made to help people looking for trophies in said game) it would make more sense in the context of this forum.  However, as a thread dedicated to raiding it's more of a tangent that doesn't mesh well with PSNP whereas it meshes much better with a Reddit dedicated to that very purpose.  No Reddit account really? What about no PSNP account?  Let's be reasonable now.  

In an attempt to make point clear, it's like going to Rotten Tomatoes (first thing to pop in my head) for advice on how to get all the trophies in Destiny or going to PSNP for a review on the latest movie release.  While you can do it; you're better off looking somewhere else.

ok, then change the way you look at this post.  Forget that it is about 'raiding' and think that it is to help people who haven't gotten the kingsfall raid and heroic trophies yet.  Then it meshes perfectly with this site :)

• Like 1

ok, then change the way you look at this post.  Forget that it is about 'raiding' and think that it is to help people who haven't gotten the kingsfall raid and heroic trophies yet.  Then it meshes perfectly with this site :)

Maybe agree to disagree on this one. I feel both of you have valid points. Yes, it won't hurt anything to have a lfg/sherpa thread on PSNP. However, since trophy hunters make up only a small percentage of Destiny players and the trophies are tied to game accomplishments, you may be better off going to a site with a bigger player pool to fulfill your raiding needs. 

I wish I had the patience and time to be a sherpa (no pun intended, year 1 guardians). Those guys have a ton of patience and deserve a lot of respect. Kudos to both Sir Bee and cdrcouey.

PSNID: lumphy101

Console: PS4

Light Level: 212

Class/Subclass: Hunter (Voidwalker/Gunslinger)

Malice?: No

Timezone: UTC-05:00 (Eastern Time Zone)

Best Time to Raid: (Saturday mornings/All day on most Sundays)

Sherpa or LFG: LFG

I currently don't have a mic as well but I can listen and I may get a mic if required.

I currently don't have a mic as well but I can listen and I may get a mic if required.

At the very least, you can use any tripole headset like the ear buds that come with almost every smart phone sold. You don't have to be crystal clear, but two-way communication is absolutely vital for success in this raid -- especially your first few times.

PS4

Light Level: all 3 classes 293-296

PSN- GunfighterHefty

Touch of Malice- No

Lfg/Sherpa: LFG

Best time: Weekday Evenings (Central US time zone)

I have at least 3 people that would be in to run as well but we have not finished Kings fall so if anyone else out there just wants to try please add me and lets do it.