What is the funniest thing that happened at school?

dragon_sentry

I went to a boarding school. We had a really hot live-in matron when I was 11 or 12. She was on a gap year after university, making some £ with which to go travelling during the summer, so was only about 10 years older than us, not some old maid. 

Two boys, 12 and 13 managed to crack the code on her door, went in and rifled through her drawers. The older one then tried on her undies. 

Queue matron coming upstairs to get something from her room. Catches 13 y/o dancing around her room in her underwear, and 12 y/o watching. 

Older-boy got expelled, the other got a 2 week suspension. For the rest of us, it was pretty funny once the younger boy got back from his suspension and we actually found out why they'd both suddenly disappeared. 

Been years ago since I've been to High School.  But the funniest moment was definitely in French class where a kid asked if we could learn Spanish instead, teacher says no, then he asked if we could learn Mexican.. EVEN the teacher laughed at this (she was super strict).

Woke up, stepped on my new laptop right out of bed and shattered the screen. Moped broke down on my way home after my first exam (that I failed) and totally studied for the wrong stuff for my 2nd exam that day, so I failed that as well.

Hilarious!

Remember kids: C's get degrees!

The time I got pushed down the stairs by older boys I didn't know... No wait, that wasn't funny... Err, the time I had my tie tightened so hard I almost couldn't breathe... No no, not that... Yeah, I don't have many fond memories of school

Oh wait, I got one. The time the school caught fire!! Yeah. ... Honestly, that happened. Unfortunately it was contained to one stairway and didn't bring the whole building down. Seriously, screw that place.

(Thankfully things got better after we moved and I went to a new, better school)

Wait, funniest thing? Isn't school supposed to be a noisy place of misery and annoyance, full of the not-friends who try to exploit you at worst \ act like you don't exist at best and teachers (except-for-the-math-one-he-was-great) who are always demanding that you stop finishing the textbooks ahead of the time and wait for everybody else? I was a loner, rarely interacted with my classmates and often spent the recess hiding in some nook reading books. 

Bad memories aside...

4th Grade, elementary graduation party. 8 years old. Girls were the ones deciding which music to play, because the teacher said so. They've chosen some annoying pop singer, the boys decided to "fix things", so one of them ran home (he lived near the school), brought back the Rammstein tape, and popped it into the cassete deck. After some time the teacher walks in, sees the sad girls huddled in the corner, me with the book on the lonely chair in the center of the room, and the boys with the "totally kewl rock hairdos" wildly running around me like the pack of monkeys. With the "Du Hast" playing in the background. Boys were punished and seated on the bench in a neat row, wet hair and all, girls got the cassete deck back, and I was finally able to go home. 

6th Grade. Two guys snuck the white mouse in the classroom and let it out, causing the painful ear-tearing wave of squeals. Soon the search for the scary mouse was conducted, led by the principal who came down after hearing the squeals and obviously didn't have anything better to do. .... Sadly, they've found it. I wasn't allowed to keep the mouse (who was scared loads more, by the way). 

7th grade, found the bat near the school (poor thing fell down), spent the whole big recess gushing over it and searching for the higher and safe place where it would be able to recover. The classmates' reactions were hilarious to watch though. Once again made a creep out of myself, got a whole week of total avoidance as a reward. 

Wait, funniest thing? Isn't school supposed to be a noisy place of misery and annoyance, full of the not-friends who try to exploit you at worst \ act like you don't exist at best and teachers (except-for-the-math-one-he-was-great) who are always demanding that you stop finishing the textbooks ahead of the time and wait for everybody else? I was a loner, rarely interacted with my classmates and often spent the recess hiding in some nook reading books. 

Yeah, I used to feel this way too. Until I realized that I never once took the opportunity to learn how to deal with people, or tried to bridge the gap between me and other "loners", and even ignored the ones who tried to reach out to ME.

Yea, I really wish I handled my high school years better.

Anyhoo..........

I had a small case of ADHD, so medication was required. Knowing that, the funniest thing I can remember is when my teacher asked me if I took my medicine. To which I responded nonchalantly (and not intentionally direspectfully) "Did you take YOUR medication?"

Yeah, I used to feel this way too. Until I realized that I never once took the opportunity to learn how to deal with people, or tried to bridge the gap between me and other "loners", and even ignored the ones who tried to reach out to ME.

Well, I've tried at first, but I've failed to bridge the intellectual gap. I've self-taught myself how to read at the age 3, how to count and write at age 5. By the time I've got to school, the gap has become so large, I become completely disinterested in the activities kids my age usually did because I've basically skipped childhood. I wanted to deal with my equals, and there were none. And then everything went downhill, because I was obsessed with knowledge and continued to learn new things, making the gap wider and wider... until by the age 10 I've finally taught myself enough English to not need the dictionary and turned the gap into the Great Canyon.

By the time others at least remotely caught up, it was loo late. The group was already tight-knitted, long friendships were forged, and no one wanted to deal with the alien. .... Can't say I regret that. I was happy and content with being alone. 

I think the year was Sophomore in High School, but during reading class (I forgot the actual name) there was a roach that got in the room, and a whole row of students one at a time would jump up and scream as it ran across the desks.

Been a few years since I finished school so bit hard to remember the funniest things.

Only thing that comes to mind is when one of my mates told a teacher to fuck off cause he kept harassing our group. It was funny because it was so unexpected and he didn't get in trouble for it.

• 6 years later...

Once I was standing in the corridor with my friends when suddenly my math teacher walks towards me. We couldn't pass each other, so in the form of a joke I said that he's was blocking my way. On leaving, I added: .... the way to graduate to next year.

• Like 1