Coil of Bahamut T5 duty finder issues

so i've been trying to do this for the trophy for about a week now, but it's proven to be a real challenge. i've been using the duty finder cause i don't have friends with whom i play the game really, and in the rare occasion i manage to get into the fight there's been very limited success because at least 5 out of the 8 people haven't looked up the strategy and consequently have no idea what they're doing. obviously this is a nightmare because the fight is pretty tough and requires everyone to be on the same page. so, i was just wondering how you managed to do it, if you have - did you get lucky with the duty finder and eventually get a pretty organised and efficient team, or did you have 7 friends to help you out? beginning to lose my sanity with people not knowing how to do the second stage of the fight.

Don't even try any of the Coils past Turn 4 in Duty Finder.  You can find a group that could carry you, check Party Finder.  Some groups are doing free runs (because of the Relic quests).  A paid carry is maybe roughly 500k gil or less now for Turn 5 since it can be done with 2-3 people who know what they are doing.

I did it with an FC static; was the only way, but I also did it when it was still actual content.  It's dead content now, only people you will find running it now properly is either glamour farmers (they don't want new people) or carriers (for the gil or bonus poetics).

• Like 1

You can sometimes find people in Party Finder willing to play or carry people through to the end.

Like you, despite being in quite a populated EU server, I just couldn't get it done with Duty Finder.

In the end I found a person selling various raids in Party Finder. He didn't explicitly state that he was selling T5, because it's probably quite uncommon for people to need that now there is higher level content out. But I asked if he offered T5 and he said he would for 300k gil.

After agreeing and paying him the money, it took about 10 minutes for him and two of his friends to trio the boss, while they let me sit outside.

This was only a few days ago, but prices probably vary wildly depending on the person and server.

Jesus christ, whatever you do, DON'T do it on duty finder, otherwise you'll be there several weeks later barely getting to the final phases.

As Xionx mentioned, open up a party finder and stick it to unsync, may take a while to find a party depending on the time of day. Should pass it first try though if it's unsync.

find some friends... join a FC, this content is so easy to carry...

edit: and what server are you on?

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Open up a party finder , than you can do it unsynced , means you dont get synced down. so its easy to push over without much stat.

Jesus christ, whatever you do, DON'T do it on duty finder, otherwise you'll be there several weeks later barely getting to the final phases.

As Xionx mentioned, open up a party finder and stick it to unsync, may take a while to find a party depending on the time of day. Should pass it first try though if it's unsync.

Actually the mechanics in Turn 5 are still pretty much required in unsync.  You can still wipe.  Twisters, the knights that target and bind a player, etc can still instant kill you.  Twintania is easily the hardest fight in the Coils.  They toned down a bit on the instant kills in the later ones.  But I have been in a farming party of 8 Lv. 60s, half of the party was easily new though so we ended up wiping each time.  I also tried to help someone with Turn 9 unsync, there was just wipes as the rest of the party was useless and we weren't even meeting DPS checks, I was the only player doing 1000+.  The coils still have a lot of their difficulty to them, don't underestimate them just because you can do them unsync.

Actually the mechanics in Turn 5 are still pretty much required in unsync.  You can still wipe.  Twisters, the knights that target and bind a player, etc can still instant kill you.  Twintania is easily the hardest fight in the Coils.  They toned down a bit on the instant kills in the later ones.  But I have been in a farming party of 8 Lv. 60s, half of the party was easily new though so we ended up wiping each time.  I also tried to help someone with Turn 9 unsync, there was just wipes as the rest of the party was useless and we weren't even meeting DPS checks, I was the only player doing 1000+.  The coils still have a lot of their difficulty to them, don't underestimate them just because you can do them unsync.

Yea it's still pretty easy to wipe on, depending on how poorly you work as a team. But generally most parties unsync work pretty well, at least they do on Cerby. Pretty doable on pure 'dumb luck' can't comment about other servers though. T9 is still an unforgiving powerhouse unsync, first time entering that I needed to dedicate an afternoon to it. Can't really slander DPS since I only ever push average DPS, or at least what I presume to be around average

so i've been trying to do this for the trophy for about a week now, but it's proven to be a real challenge. i've been using the duty finder cause i don't have friends with whom i play the game really, and in the rare occasion i manage to get into the fight there's been very limited success because at least 5 out of the 8 people haven't looked up the strategy and consequently have no idea what they're doing. obviously this is a nightmare because the fight is pretty tough and requires everyone to be on the same page. so, i was just wondering how you managed to do it, if you have - did you get lucky with the duty finder and eventually get a pretty organised and efficient team, or did you have 7 friends to help you out? beginning to lose my sanity with people not knowing how to do the second stage of the fight.

OP, if you find yourself wiping on unsync, try and figure out who is dragging the party down (particularly dive bomb phase) and send them to a separate ditch on the outer area. Prevents them from screwing over most or the entire party when running in/out too late. 

find some friends... join a FC, this content is so easy to carry...

edit: and what server are you on?

i'm on phoenix :)

thank you all for the info, i really appreciate it. i didn't actually know about the unsync feature, i've put that on and i'm searching on party finder now.

yeah, it was grim on duty finder - it was really rare that people even knew what to do with the fireballs and conflags, and we only got past divebombs once. can't count how many times i just ran into the purple border to kill myself cause everyone had wiped. not saying i'm some sort of elite player, i just watched the strat video about ten times to learn it all off by heart.

edit:

just some additional info - i'm a lvl 50 dragoon, iLvl 101. i don't have heavensward.

Edited by helloiamniven

thank you all for the info, i really appreciate it. i didn't actually know about the unsync feature, i've put that on and i'm searching on party finder now.

yeah, it was grim on duty finder - it was really rare that people even knew what to do with the fireballs and conflags, and we only got past divebombs once. can't count how many times i just ran into the purple border to kill myself cause everyone had wiped. not saying i'm some sort of elite player, i just watched the strat video about ten times to learn it all off by heart.

Good luck! :)

It is very grim on the party finder. Biggest issue I find is the pretty large step between the content you get towards the end of the story (Vishap etc etc) and then jumping into coils. Even after looking at guides it can be a fair bit to understand when actually doing it for most people. Generally not the content you want to go on duty finder with. 

Edited by Kaurhz

edit:

just some additional info - i'm a lvl 50 dragoon, iLvl 101. i don't have heavensward.

Then you are best to get a carry.  You can try unsync, but people might get mad if you are Lv. 50.  I actually did T10-13 sometime last year.. (like Oct/Nov), I didn't notice the leader of these parties was Lv. 50 (only noticed in T13) but I couldn't be mad, they actually did better than some of the Lv. 60s in the team and well, I was bored that night, so you can try your chances.

I'm on Ragnarok so I can't help you out here (plus my other 2 friends who help do Turn carries are inactive at the moment).

Edited by DEMON

Don't even try any of the Coils past Turn 4 in Duty Finder.  You can find a group that could carry you, check Party Finder.  Some groups are doing free runs (because of the Relic quests).  A paid carry is maybe roughly 500k gil or less now for Turn 5 since it can be done with 2-3 people who know what they are doing.

I did it with an FC static; was the only way, but I also did it when it was still actual content.  It's dead content now, only people you will find running it now properly is either glamour farmers (they don't want new people) or carriers (for the gil or bonus poetics).

That's what I did and the mechanics are quite easy to understand.

well what do you know! i managed it thanks to help of a lovely bunch of people i found on the party finder. thank you all for the advice!

Wow that was quick.  Phoenix must enjoy doing older content more than Ragnarok does.  Glad you got sorted. :)

Edited by DEMON