Regale your hardcore efforts

Sir_Bee

I thought it would be neat to see anyone else's attempts at this difficult trophy. This would be a thread where you can recount the stupid mistakes you made, or the great accomplishments you made during your playthrough. I will post my efforts each day I try, and will be happy to see others who have done this recently, or are working on it, post their efforts as well. We can learn as a community, and maybe help newer players beat this as well.

*NOTE* There will be spoilers in this thread, read at your own risk.

Try #1: I chose the wrong direction to run right off the get go. I died in 15 steps lol.

Try #2: I died by my own Line Gun Alt attack in the middle of chapter 2. It was the point where you are knocked over by the Slasher breaking out of a door. I put the Alt attack too close, and it killed me while I was laying on the ground.

Try #3: The Slasher on the moving floor in Chapter 2 got me. I tried to knock him over with a box to save some ammo, and missed :(. He took that as an invitation to pounce and cut me in half.

Try #4: This run I made it to my first save. I chose to make it in Chapter 3, just outside the Church of Unitology, before the Random spawn room. By this point, I was more scared of this room then I should have been, it really wasn't that bad. At least I don't need to keep watching the opening dialogue. I then died in the room where you first meet the Stalkers in chapter 4. I went to skewer one, but shot over his head, and he was able to hit me.

Try #5: I died in what looked like a chapel, the room where they revel the dead. I missed my shot against the charging Slasher. I swear I should have it, but nothing I can do about that now lol.

Try #6: I died in the room right beside my save. I chose to stand next to a vent that nothing had spawned from the last 2 runs, and this time an exploder came out and caught me off guard. As you can guess, I exploded.

Try #7: This death really frustrated me. I died in the scene where you run from the Tormentor. I should have stasised him, but every other runthrough I could make it without doing as such. This time, he caught up to me ...

At this point I was exhausted and frustrated, so I chose to call it a night, and pick it up again the following day. I will post next time I pick up the game, and we will see if I can get any farther.

• Like 2

Countless deaths in the room after putting on your first suite before I decided to purchase DLC guns/suits

1. When I did my hard core run on my old account I died with in 15 steps like you.

2. Ran out of ammo while hanging upside down on the train

3. like you I never need to stasis the tormentor but he killed me while TK-ing the door

4. Made it all the way to the gauntlet with the Regenerator, the zero G sequence where you have to fly between the fire. I got too greedy and it cost me

Those where my only deaths

Countless deaths in the room after putting on your first suite before I decided to purchase DLC guns/suits

1. When I did my hard core run on my old account I died with in 15 steps like you.

2. Ran out of ammo while hanging upside down on the train

3. like you I never need to stasis the tormentor but he killed me while TK-ing the door

4. Made it all the way to the gauntlet with the Regenerator, the zero G sequence where you have to fly between the fire. I got too greedy and it cost me

Those where my only deaths

That is a pretty awesome run :) The death that made me cringe the most was running out of ammo while hanging upside down. That sucks.

Question: Where did you end up making your saves?

Edited by Sir_Bee

Did this a year ago but I found my deaths on another thread somewhere:

1. Chapter 1 - a Slash snuck up on me and insta-killed me. Had no clue where he came from.

2. Chapter 7 - Somehow a window got blown open. It was either an Exploder that blew up or a Slasher that tripped one of those laser mines. I didn't have time to get a single shot off before I was sucked out into space.

3. I forget the chapter, but it's when you have to fly up through the door that the coffins drop down from. I apparently didn't go fast enough and the door to the opening shut on me and cut me in half.

4. Chapter 14 - This was mostly my fault because I was pissed off and drunk after the Steelers lost the Super Bowl. An Elite Slasher again snuck up on me and insta-killed me.

5. Chapter 14 - Immediately after the previous death, I tried again and got fried by one of the giant laser things in the anti-gravity section.

I think that was it. I think my saves were at the beginning of Chapter 5, the end of Chapter 9, and then at the beginning of Chapter 13 right after you crash into that building with the giant drill but before you have to open the doors in the big room.

There are some pretty good tips in this thread if you haven't read through it already: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/1234-for-he-who-is-about-to-die-tips/

Edited by simula67

3. I forget the chapter, but it's when you have to fly up through the door that the coffins drop down from. I apparently didn't go fast enough and the door to the opening shut on me and cut me in half.

This is part of chapter 5.

Well I'll recount my steps from my run just the other night. I was terribly pissed for sure. But a brief lead up to that first.

My second save is at the stalker room at the end of ch.9. I was kind of upset that I didn’t go further because I could have totally made it to the next save, but I was tense, tired and ready for a break.

During the boss fight, I somehow went too fast right after I blew the cell up and the tentacle whipped me up in the air and over the side…there was nothing I could do after that. No big deal as I wasn’t that far.

In the Ishimura, there is that hallway right after the decontamination room. That hallway killed me 4 times, but the first time was the best. I was at my friends place heard a slasher behind me and panicked and started running towards the other end of the hallway…bad idea. My friend was like NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING! I ran into a shitton of necromorphs and was mutilated.

Now skip ahead a few days (2 days ago) and I gave it another great run. I was doing so well. I didn’t use many health packs except on the grinder. A few rooms away from my final save and I was like “yeah, I’ll spend a node to go into that room”. Collected the items and ran out only to be accosted by a Divider which I stasised and blew up with my contact beam. Well it split into the four or five bits and I was concentrating on the head part when all of them lunged at me draining my health and before I could even use a health pack (had like five or six) the head latched onto me and it was too late. I was so pissed because I was seriously like three or four rooms from the super brute, which I could have killed quickly. I will give it another go this weekend.

Other than that, not too many deaths. But I did have a close call in the first stalker room where I had to run back to the elevator to try and lure them out. (No health, health packs or stasis but somehow scraped away from that near death experience.)

If I recalled all of my attempts it would be one humongous post and almost considered spam. What I will tell you is that my face was raped a shitload of times by that damn needle. It was almost like a really bad pr0n with all the blood, cum and popped eyeball.

If I recalled all of my attempts it would be one humongous post and almost considered spam. What I will tell you is that my face was raped a shitload of times by that damn needle. It was almost like a really bad pr0n with all the blood, cum and popped eyeball.

You've seen 'Needle Nipples: Erect This' as well?

You've seen 'Needle Nipples: Erect This' as well?

The first one or the second one? HURR :eyebrow:

Oh and I seriously watched the black guys face in the beginning of the game melt off at least 40 times or more... drove me nuts.

Edited by Deth

Not to show off or anything but I did not die once during my Hardcore run, but I did cheat death quite a few times by just a hair.

My saves were Ch 7, 11, and 13

In my favorite escapes to what the flip just happened:

Cheat #1 The chapter with the windows you can blow out, I literally had 2 plasma cutter shots left, a slasher ganked me and I shot out the window i was standing next to, lo and behold I had a good 1 second before I got spaced, Roger Wilco style, took a shot, shutter closes, pretty sure death has me in it's icy clutches, then to my amazement, Issac stood up.

Cheat #2 Horde of exploders, no stasis, and a whole lot of nothing in the medpack department sure spells a recipe for death and doom does it not? Not for this engineer! I happened to be just far away enough from the horde to be blasted away and live with a sliver of health and close enough that said horde was turned to jibs thanks to that premature detonator.

Cheat #3 A leaper leaped a bit to high and landed in that furnace while in the mine.

Cheat #4 While on the grinder, I'm not sure what possesed me but I started to melee things even though I had a lot of ammo, after the 3rd slasher boarded I found myself swarmed and being sniped by those damn crawlers, just kept at it the entire ride and eventually I pulled through, no stasis or medkits left, and a buttload of ammo. Really made things a lot harder for that stupid move.

Cheat #5 Super Brute charged me but missed me by a hair, if it had been standing a bit more to the right he would have knicked me.

Edited by Jason_Rocks68
  • Like 1

Here are today's efforts:

Try #8: The slamming door in Chapter 4 got me, I was impatient and hoped I wouldn't have to re-stasis

Try #9: Sucked out the window in Chapter 4. Apparently I knocked a chair into it, and out I went.

Try #10: Damn stalkers again ...

Try #11: Died in the room where you first see the Pregnants. I was swarmed when one of them popped.

Try #12: Had a really bad run in the room by my first save, so chose death by Line Gun Alt attack.

Try #13: Made it all the way to the theater room in the nursery. I was ambushed by Crawlers and the Pack because of very poor placement of my detonators.

Try #14: This time I was killed by the lone Stalker in the middle of Chapter 7.

That is all I put in today, no second save yet :(.

Not to show off or anything but I did not die once during my Hardcore run, but I did cheat death quite a few times by just a hair.

My saves were Ch 7, 11, and 13

In my favorite escapes to what the flip just happened:

Cheat #1 The chapter with the windows you can blow out, I literally had 2 plasma cutter shots left, a slasher ganked me and I shot out the window i was standing next to, lo and behold I had a good 1 second before I got spaced, Roger Wilco style, took a shot, shutter closes, pretty sure death has me in it's icy clutches, then to my amazement, Issac stood up.

Cheat #2 Horde of exploders, no stasis, and a whole lot of nothing in the medpack department sure spells a recipe for death and doom does it not? Not for this engineer! I happened to be just far away enough from the horde to be blasted away and live with a sliver of health and close enough that said horde was turned to jibs thanks to that premature detonator.

Cheat #3 A leaper leaped a bit to high and landed in that furnace while in the mine.

Cheat #4 While on the grinder, I'm not sure what possesed me but I started to melee things even though I had a lot of ammo, after the 3rd slasher boarded I found myself swarmed and being sniped by those damn crawlers, just kept at it the entire ride and eventually I pulled through, no stasis or medkits left, and a buttload of ammo. Really made things a lot harder for that stupid move.

Cheat #5 Super Brute charged me but missed me by a hair, if it had been standing a bit more to the right he would have knicked me.

Stop showing off.

;)

• Like 1

Try #15: I restarted, and moved my first save up to the start of Chapter 5. I was having a great run, and made it to the drill section in Chapter 8. I was happy, because this part was easy. On Zealot I barely even slowed down. I was waiting at the start as the drills turned on, and I floated into one. Needless to say I was pissed. Gave up for that day.

Try #16: I picked up the game again the next day for another run. Made it all the way to the eject scene at the end of Chapter 7. The explosion this time was bigger then normal, and made the whole screen go white. I was dead before I could see again. So frustrating. Time for another break.

I plan on giving it at least one good try per day going forward.

Try #17: I made it to my second save this time. I chose to make this just before chapter 9. I was having a good run again today, but died in the first big fight of Chapter 11. I was doing well, but then started to get surrounded, so I stasised a crowd, and shot my line gun alt attack, and planned on running away. As I took the shot, a puker in the distance I didn't see hit me with the slow puke. There was nothing I could do. Oh well, another try again tonight.

Try #18 was the one I needed. I made my last save just before the Drill Platform, which turned out to be a waste as I was not even hit there. It turned out not to matter, as I beat the game on this run. The final boss with the Line Gun Alt, and a fully upgraded Contact Gun was a breeze. I probably died 10 times on Zealot trying to do it with the Plasma Cutter. I am happy with this platinum :) Now on to some new adventure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok here is mine so far :(

#1 - Chapter 1 - In the stasis room, right after getting the stasis upgrade the slasher leaped at me and killed me on the first blow

#2 – In chapter 1 - Same place as above

#3 – In chapter 3 - Minutes before i reached the first save point.. grapped a exploder by a mistake and launched it at a enemy, who was right in front of me.. boom I blew up.

3 hours wasted ... and i´m pretty pissed now .. not even made it to my first save point.

Edited by John Malik
  • Like 1

#1 - Chapter 1 - In the stasis room, right after getting the stasis upgrade the slasher leaped at me and killed me on the first blow

#3 – In chapter 3 - Minutes away from the first save point.. grapped a exploder by a mistake and launched it at a enemy, who was right in front of me.. boom I blew up.

3 hours wasted ... and i´m pretty pissed now .. not even made it to my first save point.

Where do you plan on having your first save point?

And I understand the frustration, it can be pretty bad at times. If you just keep at it you will eventually make it though :)

Not sure if you have watched it, but this video may help http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=E2E5D6FDF42271AE

#3 – In chapter 3 - Minutes before i reached the first save point.. grapped a exploder by a mistake and launched it at a enemy, who was right in front of me.. boom I blew up.

Best thing is that you learn from your mistakes. Believe me, I've been there. It's difficult, but not impossible and more of a mind eff than anything else.

The video guides can definitely help. Best of luck!

I planned it to be in chapter 3 before the church, but i might try to make it in the end of chapter 5, before the brute fight

The brute fight is much much easier then I expected. Using a stasis pod and 1 ripper blade you can kill it without it even getting a chance to move. That being said, I made my first save at the beginning of chapter 5, just as you enter the cryo rooms.

• Like 1