Regale your hardcore efforts

Sir_Bee

I planned it to be in chapter 3 before the church, but i might try to make it in the end of chapter 5, before the brute fight

Yeah I would suggest trying to get to chapter 5 or later for your first save. The later chapters can be nerve racking, but I had trouble with the first stalker encounter.

before the cryo rooms is a good place (think that's where I saved too) but if you can make it past that as well, you're in good shape.

Good place for second save is Ch.9(right before boss fight, but if you feel confident go past it and into the Ishimura without too much trouble you'd be in fantastic shape. I saved right before the stalker room :facepalm:) and final save Ch.13 right before the eye poker machine (because it's easy to screw that up and you can blitz past the rest of the game within 30 minutes or so.)

And here are my latest efforts ..

Try #4 – chapter 2 – Not really a death, but I had to quit due to a movie I wanted to watch.

Try #5 -chaper 5 - YES ! in this run i finally managed to get to my first save point in the beginning of chapter 5 :D

I put it there because i dont wanted to test my luck

Edited by John Malik
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

my first save was on 6 and just saved right before ch 9.... :awesome: i havent died but i was sooooooo close ...... i carry a lot of health :lol: i will get this plat soon

My goal is chapter 6 as well. I am so not ready to go for the plat on this game. Alas my backlog!!!

@ Bee, this is great idea for a thread. I cannot believe I never saw it till now. Anyway, I am sure that I will be an active user of the thread very soon as Dead Space 2 is coming up quickly in my games list!! :)

Since I've yet to buy this game (borrowed from a friend, last summer), I started the Hardcore mode and left off somewhere around Chapter 5? I remember it was right after the huge monster and Isaac were flying out into space.

My goal is chapter 6 as well. I am so not ready to go for the plat on this game. Alas my backlog!!!

@ Bee, this is great idea for a thread. I cannot believe I never saw it till now. Anyway, I am sure that I will be an active user of the thread very soon as Dead Space 2 is coming up quickly in my games list!! :)

Along with Deus Ex, this is one of the best of '11. My personal favorite horror title this gen and one of the most immersive internal conflicts since Heavy Rain. The hell is in your backlog?? You've so many phenomenal games you have yet to experience!!

Since I've yet to buy this game (borrowed from a friend, last summer), I started the Hardcore mode and left off somewhere around Chapter 5? I remember it was right after the huge monster and Isaac were flying out into space.

Along with Deus Ex, this is one of the best of '11. My personal favorite horror title this gen and one of the most immersive internal conflicts since Heavy Rain. The hell is in your backlog?? You've so many phenomenal games you have yet to experience!!

IKR! I also have Infamous 1 and Jak 3 to get to!!!

Just finished my hardcore run died twice same as my casual run through.

Chapter 11: Downhill ramp, First death by crawling stalker, this was entirely avoidable first I rush straight to the bottom get knocked over twice before being slashed to death, things that would have stopped this; not running to the bottom, using the contact beam, the detonator, stasis, health packs. In the end it cost me 1 minute.

Chapter 15: Tiedmann managed get me with his javelin, didn't pay attention and caught the qte to late. lost about 25 minutes.

Had lots of near deaths involving exploders and windows, but other then those two deaths I never saw my health in the red.

I had the supernova DLC, and used the detonator, contact beam and plasma cutter to chapter 7 when I added the ripper to my arsenal.

Saved at chapters 7(start), 11(start),13(end) and finished in 6h21m07s, very enjoyable experience.

Edited by spectre51

Try 6# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the 4 exploding Cysts in the room, but forgot about the 5th one right above the entrance to the next room .. So when I gladly ran for the door I got blasted into a million of pieces :angry:

I don´t feel like playing the game anymore.. gonna take a huge break

Try 6# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the 4 exploding Cysts in the room, but forgot about the 5th one right above the entrance to the next room .. So when I gladly ran for the door I got blasted into a million of pieces :angry:

Try 6# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the 4 exploding Cysts in the room, but forgot about the 5th one right above the entrance to the next room .. So when I gladly ran for the door I got blasted into a million of pieces :angry: don't give up ....just remember their spawns and don't forget the enemies and carry a ton of health like me

lol i got what you put lol just read the extra

• 1 month later...

Try #7 – Chapter 6- Been month and a week since I last played so I had a bad run here, died almost 3 times and ran out of ammo and I finally died right after descending the elevator to the room where the stalkers were. Atleast I didn’t even try to be good in this run so i´m not pissed about it.

Edited by Sir Malik

Try #8 – Chapter 6- Beginning of chapter 6, don’t ask me … I don’t know what the fuck happened. Apparently I got hit from behind.

Try 9# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the 5 exploding Cysts in the room, and I thought Yes !! then I ran through the door too the next room and saw a shop, so when I approached it I noticed a exploding Cyst right next to it, but it was too late, I got blasted into a million of pieces… Almost the same as in try #6

I´m starting to think this game hates me, how the hell do I not notice those fucking exploding cyst ???, this is the second time I die in the beginning of chapter 7. Cyst are not even tough enemies that makes the game hard, they are fucking mines!

Oh well, i´m back in chapter 5 now.

Edited by Sir Malik

Try #8 – Chapter 6- Beginning of chapter 6, don’t ask me … I don’t know what the fuck happened. Apparently I got hit from behind.

Try 9# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the 5 exploding Cysts in the room, and I thought Yes !! then I ran through the door too the next room and saw a shop, so when I approached it I noticed a exploding Cyst right next to it, but it was too late, I got blasted into a million of pieces… Almost the same as in try #7

I´m starting to think this game hates me, how the hell do I not notice those fucking exploding cyst ???, this is the second time I die in the beginning of chapter 7. Cyst are not even tough enemies that makes the game hard, they are fucking mines!

Oh well, i´m back in chapter 5 now.

If I remember correctly the cyst's make a identifiable sound when you are close to one. I played my hardcore run on my old account with my headset on though. Maybe that made the difference for me.

If I remember correctly the cyst's make a identifiable sound when you are close to one. I played my hardcore run on my old account with my headset on though. Maybe that made the difference for me.

took my headset off after killing the 5 cyst in the room before :P I thought i was safe, and my ears needed a break :(

Try #10 – Chapter 9 – YES ! This was a really really good run and I made it to my second planned save in the beginning of chapter 9. Come at me Dead space 2 **pounds chest**

Edited by Sir Malik

Try #11 – Chapter 9 – Hmpf !! Right after you first encounter the divider, I came to a decompression room. I thought I knew what I was doing so I planned ahead, ran to the corner and a dark slasher appeared. I shot the window, but wasn’t able to hit the red triangle ! I was like OH NOES !! and was cut into half by the door :/ glad I made my save 10 minutes before.

Try #12 – chapter 15 – FUUCK, I made my last save in the start of chapter 13, I SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT IT THERE !!!!! had a good run and didn’t die until chapter 15 right before the boss fight, I am pretty sure I killed the dark puker, but apparently it did not die and puked on me so I was slowed down then I got surrounded by dark slashers and they ate me for lunch ! fuck this shit. I give up …

**starts to play again**

Try #13 – Chapter 14 – The Eye poke machine … Do I need to say more? This was the first time ever that I have died in that machine, I don’t know what the fuck happened ?!

Try #14 – End game – YAY I did it :D Hard to the core baby !! The final frontier !! peeeew.

Glad this is over :) took me 14 tries stretched out on 2 months :/

Edited by Sir Malik
  • Like 1

Try #11 – Chapter 9 – Hmpf !! Right after you first encounter the divider, I came to a decompression room. I thought I knew what I was doing so I planned ahead, ran to the corner and a dark slasher appeared. I shot the window, but wasn’t able to hit the red triangle ! I was like OH NOES !! and was cut into half by the door :/ glad I made my save 10 minutes before.

Try #12 – chapter 15 – FUUCK, I made my last save in the start of chapter 13, I SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT IT THERE !!!!! had a good run and didn’t die until chapter 15 right before the boss fight, I am pretty sure I killed the dark puker, but apparently it did not die and puked on me so I was slowed down then I got surrounded by dark slashers and they ate me for lunch ! fuck this shit. I give up …

**starts to play again**

Try #13 – Chapter 14 – The Eye poke machine … Do I need to say more? This was the first time ever that I have died in that machine, I don’t know what the fuck happened ?!

Try #14 – End game – YAY I did it :D Hard to the core baby !! The final frontier !! peeeew.

Congrats Malik! I don't ever remember dying at the eye poker machine before my Hardcore run. You saved at the best spot though. Can you imagine getting that far only to die at that thing! :shakefist:

From there on you can blitz all the way to the end in like 20 minutes with minimal damage and bam. Done. Big congrats on powering through it man! :awesome:

• Like 1

**starts to play again**

**starts to play again**

congrats

Congrats Malik! I don't ever remember dying at the eye poker machine before my Hardcore run. You saved at the best spot though. Can you imagine getting that far only to die at that thing! :shakefist:

From there on you can blitz all the way to the end in like 20 minutes with minimal damage and bam. Done. Big congrats on powering through it man! :awesome:

lol i actually did die at the eye poke machine but it wasnt that bad so it was good :)
  • Like 1

So I just finished my DS 2 plat today after 2 years of getting the game >.> .

My first hardcore run was a bust since I made my saves at Chp 4, 9 (I died in the cyst room and raged a bit so back to chapter 4), and 12 but then died horriblely to the eye mini game in chp 13. Was frustrated and then went through a second run making my saves at chp 9, 13 (before the eye mini game) and at 14 (right before the final boss fight).

The hardest part of the game for me would be:

#1 Going from chapters 1-9 and praying that there would be: no freezing of the game and that a power surge would not happen.

#2 Going from my chapter 9 save to almost die in the reconstruction laser room in chapter 13.

Edited by Cabhills
  • Like 1

**starts to play again**

Congratulations on your new shinny platinum. That is certainly one to be proud of :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...