Regale your hardcore efforts

Sir_Bee

God *beep* *beep*

Hardcore is getting on my nerves :shakefist:

I keep dying at either Chapter 7 or 9.

There were times I wanted to throw my controller at the TV :shakefist:

I could cry :(

The makers of DS2 can burn in hell :shakefist:

I will continue my hardcore adventure(I may have to start over though)

• Like 1

DS2 Hardcore stories, sweet. I got 2 that stands out :shakefist:  .

1st is, can't remember da chapter but it is between when U 1st meet up with Eli and Strauss face to face for the 1st time and getting da shuttle to da Ishimura. in da room after da elevator ride a slasher jumps out of no where, deals with him with no problem. but rite after him a Exploder pops out, well, I frigging hate them s.o.bs :shakefist: . well with that said, just da sound of them sends My oh so steady hands into a shaking frenzy just looking to blast their ass up off of Me. miss's, shoots out da window, too close to shoot & shut it and gets shucked back to chapter 7. twice. :shakefist: same frigging room. hate a frigging Exploder.

here : ----->

Try #11 – Chapter 9 – Hmpf !! Right after you first encounter the divider, I came to a decompression room. I thought I knew what I was doing so I planned ahead, ran to the corner and a dark slasher appeared. I shot the window, but wasn’t able to hit the red triangle ! I was like OH NOES !! and was cut into half by the door :/ glad I made my save 10 minutes before.

oh but da worst. I was on My best play through ever I swear. frigging loaded up on heath and Plasma cutter ammo to da teeth. I mean, piping hot just waiting for a necro to stick their head out and was gonna deal them da business. I was nearing da end of chapter 10, or could have been da begining of chapter 11, anyways, jumped on da train on My way to da bridge, too pumped to stand still decided to start walking back and forth. rite before da train stopped I fell into a glitched hole in da back of da train waste deep :jaymon:   :facepalm::shakefist: . for 30 min I tried everything to get out dat fuckn hole that is now etched in My subconscious for da rest of My frigging life. I swear, if there was ever a time I recall any instance of gamer rage that would be it. back to chapter 7 I went. :shakefist:    

Edited by BDKSimba

• 4 weeks later...

DS2 Hardcore best game difficulty ever.

It took me couple of tries to get first save in chapter 7, but after that biggest pressure was off. Second save before ishimura and last save before eye poke machine and sure i managed to die in there :lol:  

Contact Beam with upgraded alt-fire was life saving in last 5 chapters. Stasis and telekinesis also rule and save ammo especially in early chapters. And also helped a lot that i have dlc weapon pack which gave free contact beam and some other free weapons. And free ammo for those by selling empty non upgraded dlc weapon to shop and then buy it back for free fully loaded.

Good luck for everyone trying to blast through hardcore. It's totally worth the pain  :yay:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have already attempted this a while back and already used my first save after you get the suit. I get greedy and try to get to Ch 5 to save when I can clearly do it at 4 and die.....countless times. I am really going for it this time though and I am determined to get it. It's the last one I need to get it plat..

• Like 1

Ok, so it's been a while since I played it so I am going to say this is attempt....

#7. I died at the beginning of the tram location....I mean literally at the beginning. I went in, hot wired the tram, turned around and proceeded to die. For the life of me I could not shoot anything, I mean it hit them, but that was it.

#8. I made it through to chapter 4 and I saved, not getting greedy this time.  :rolleyes:

Continuing #8- Got all the way to the top of the church and the giant necromorph killed my after I escaped the gunship (1st time).

#9-Didn't even make it to the top, got jumped and owned by the Stalkers.

#10- Currently doing, got to Ch. 6 and don't know if I want to save yet.....we'll see.

During my first hardcore run, I started from the beginning and got till the part where you have to defeat ANTI in Chapter #7. I defeated ANTI, killed 3 necro's, opened a door and BANG! a mine blew me to pieces :\ And I didn't save anywhere. I was planning to save after I set up the solar panels in Chapter #8. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....this took fooooooooooreeeever. It took me at least 26 tries and over 48 hours of game play. I finally got hardcore beat and the plat. for it. I had played it and got so close to beating it then died. My daughter is the greatest good luck charm ever, the final play through of the game she sat by me and watched as I inched closer to Chapters 14 and 15 and I had beat it. Was so happy and now I am feeling that it was worth it. I reached my goal of 3000 trophies and the plat being the 3000th and my 27th plat. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Started a Hardcore Run Yesterday,  For the most part my TK'ing was shit and had to use ammo up by Ch.2, so I started watching Hardcore vids on Youtube and you wouldn't believe how it helps prepare for each room.  I was looking like a pro conserving ammo, and only using two weapons, an upgraded Cutter and Detonator.  Used stasis religiously and just made my first save at the end of Ch. 7.  Could have tried to stretch it, but I didn't want to be greedy with my luck =D

Finally struggled a little bit, died a couple times in chapter 9, once in the decompression room, I was too woried about killing the dark slasher that I didn't pay attention to the exploder behind me..I reacted too quickly and shot out the window while i was right next to it ):

My other death was in the stalker room because i was an idiot and tried using detonators instead of my force gun and they snuck behind me and knocked me right into my own mine >_>

No troubles on the Ishimura though!

Got tired so I currently saved in chapter 11

Did it!  Only died once after my second save on ch 13 in the mixed necro room before the rotating lasers room (got surrounded and of course an exploder i couldnt see came up behind me and BOOM!)  Third save after the lasers room was useless as i didn't die the rest of the way!

Glad to finally get that done and over with :)

• 6 months later...

I took no chances; I had the Super Nova Pack, so I got the Forged Engineering Suit for free, along with a lot of weapons. Then I followed this guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWll1ERd0SY

With that I got a lot of power nodes, enough to completely upgrade my RIG, my stasis module, my Plasma Cutter and my Force Gun. With the power nodes found during normal game play I upgraded my Contact Beam and my Pulse Rifle (I'm comfortable with it). In other words, I had basically a full upgraded RIG/weapons combination from almost the very beginning of the game. Also; there is a way to sell power nodes: you just fully upgrade a weapon, and then sell it again. You get about 5,000 for them (and they cost 10,000), but with the infinite power nodes glitch is a great way to make credits. Also, if you have the Super Nova Pack, you can "buy" the Detonator for 0 credits, fire its 3 included mines, deactivate them, and sell them. It's a slow, but sure way to get money.

I first saved at the end of Chapter 5, which was a good thing, since I immediately died in the confrontation with the tripod after Daina's betrayal.

Then I suffered like 3 or 4 deaths in the dive from the Solar Array in Chapter 7, which was incredibly frustrating, but I was set on not saving until Chapter 10, which I finally did. From there it was relatively easy, until I got nervous and I saved lastly at the beginning of Chapter 13, just before entering the Government Sector. Again it was a good thing, because I died like 3 times going down.

Then it was eye needle time, but I got it easily; I just did it really slowly. Afterwards there were a couple of close calls in the zero G part, but I just blasted everything with my Force Gun and a ridiculously large amount of ammo and four large med packs, until the last battle. With my Pulse Rifle already maxed out it was easy to take out evil Nicole and the Marker's heart, and the Force Gun just blasted away the Pack.

Finally, I had a moment of panic, because I thought I messed up the flying towards the Gun Ship; but I think you actually need to make an effort to fail that part. I didn't failed it in any of the playthroughs.

It was insane. Even with all the advantages I took (the Super Nova Pack, the infinite power nodes glitch), it took me around four days to get the platinum. But it's a really gratifying plat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

death #1@ chapter 9 i ran to the wrong elevator after the tripod fight at the very end ,pinned down by the tripod and bang isaac exploded death #2 @ chapter 10 at the first blue room a dark slasher leaped on me and killed me in 2 hits death #3 @ chapter 10 after the decontamination room isaac falls underground the elevator and everything turned black and died (fucking glitch) .. i am so pissed and planning to put my last save in chapter 11 cuz i am tired of doing ch 9 and 10 again :/ back to chapter 8 will try again tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

Death one in chapter one where you first get statis. I statised him again quickly and he was blue but he still ran like normal and slashed me :|

And I have heard people buy the DLC suits and weapons. Which one is the best? I don't want to spend $35 on the whole lot.

Death one in chapter one where you first get statis. I statised him again quickly and he was blue but he still ran like normal and slashed me :|

And I have heard people buy the DLC suits and weapons. Which one is the best? I don't want to spend $35 on the whole lot.

I had trouble in that same spot. Seemed kinda glitchy like the stasis didn't take. Try hitting him with it just a little earlier.

Don't waste your money on dlc skins. Instead, watch the YT video by Wolfwood. There are other walkthroughs, but his are top notch. I also recommend ditching the plasma cutter for the ripper asap. A fully noded ripper kicks ass and is a huge ammo saver.

Edited by Rowdi

I had trouble in that same spot. Seemed kinda glitchy like the stasis didn't take. Try hitting him with it just a little earlier.

Don't waste your money on dlc skins. Instead, watch the YT video by Wolfwood. There are other walkthroughs, but his are top notch. I also recommend ditching the plasma cutter for the ripper asap. A fully noded ripper kicks ass and is a huge ammo saver.

Yeah I hit him with it pretty much straight away, and he was blue aswell :|

Alright that's I'll check the videos out now then hopefully something good :)